Sign in to follow this  
News

main page Matthew Koma Is Working With Britney Spears

matthew koma

Looks like we might be getting another song in the near future from our girl Britney.

Matthew Koma who has worked with Zedd, Shania Twain, Dillon Francis, Bruce Springsteen and Steve Aoki worked on a song with Britney recently. Matthew is a singer, songwriter and a producer to a lot of hit songs. Koma says in the interviw that Britney recorded the song that channels Squeeze, which is a new wave band from the 1970's. Check out the full interview below

"How has working with Britney changed things for you? That's a different realm when you're writing for that level of pop star."

For me to keep sane, I have to be working on stuff that's a little all over the map. It helps my process to be focused on different things so when I come back to whatever was on the last plate I have a little bit more perspective on it. Working with someone like Britney is refreshing when you're coming out of spending a lot of time on your own record or working on Zedd's new album because it is a different headspace. Or working with Springsteen. I did a couple days recently where I wrote with Rivers Cuomo from Weezer and that was a totally different experience. After Ultra I went down and worked with Shania Twain on her new record. Doing all these different things for me just keeps it exciting and fresh. It's not so much that I'm conscious of it; it's more of just a constant flow of vibing out. It helps me keep really balanced in my craft and fresh when it comes back to the centerpiece, which is always my records and the things I'm going to wear as my t-shirts. It's all so different but it's also part of the same picnic.

"When you're working with other people do you come up with songs that you would rather hold on to for yourself?"

It depends. With Britney, for example, one of the songs she recorded was a song that I had been working on, channeling Squeeze. They're one of my favorite bands and when she heard it she was really digging it.

Kelly Clarkson came along and sang "Someone," which was a song originally intended for my record but hearing her voice on it, it's like, that's her song. She sings the hell out of it and she owns it and I want her to have that.

The songs Britney has been recording recently seem to be heavily influenced by music of the past from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. We can't wait to see what Britney has in stores for us!

Source

Read it on our mainsite!