Matthew Koma Is Working With Britney Spears

News

matthew koma

Looks like we might be getting another song in the near future from our girl Britney.

Matthew Koma who has worked with Zedd, Shania Twain, Dillon Francis, Bruce Springsteen and Steve Aoki worked on a song with Britney recently. Matthew is a singer, songwriter and a producer to a lot of hit songs. Koma says in the interviw that Britney recorded the song that channels Squeeze, which is a new wave band from the 1970's. Check out the full interview below

"How has working with Britney changed things for you? That's a different realm when you're writing for that level of pop star."

For me to keep sane, I have to be working on stuff that's a little all over the map. It helps my process to be focused on different things so when I come back to whatever was on the last plate I have a little bit more perspective on it. Working with someone like Britney is refreshing when you're coming out of spending a lot of time on your own record or working on Zedd's new album because it is a different headspace. Or working with Springsteen. I did a couple days recently where I wrote with Rivers Cuomo from Weezer and that was a totally different experience. After Ultra I went down and worked with Shania Twain on her new record. Doing all these different things for me just keeps it exciting and fresh. It's not so much that I'm conscious of it; it's more of just a constant flow of vibing out. It helps me keep really balanced in my craft and fresh when it comes back to the centerpiece, which is always my records and the things I'm going to wear as my t-shirts. It's all so different but it's also part of the same picnic.

"When you're working with other people do you come up with songs that you would rather hold on to for yourself?"

It depends. With Britney, for example, one of the songs she recorded was a song that I had been working on, channeling Squeeze. They're one of my favorite bands and when she heard it she was really digging it.

Kelly Clarkson came along and sang "Someone," which was a song originally intended for my record but hearing her voice on it, it's like, that's her song. She sings the hell out of it and she owns it and I want her to have that.

The songs Britney has been recording recently seem to be heavily influenced by music of the past from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. We can't wait to see what Britney has in stores for us!

Source

Read it on our mainsite!

Guest QueenJocasta

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

2i06n2s.jpg

COME SLAY US 70s NEW WAVENEY!

2vjpiki.jpg

GET THOSE RETRO BEATS AND FRESH FUNKY COOL PRODUCERS MAMA!

2dkzar8.jpg

WHEN WILL IRRELEVANTINA, VILEY, OR TWATLOY SHIT!?

rmiiqd.jpg

DO Y'ALL REALIZE BRITNEY IS COMING FOR FUCKING WEAVES THIS TIME?!?!

ae2wpk.jpg

THANK YOU GODNEY FOR DITCHING WILL.I.FLOP AND BLESSING US PEASANTS WITH YOU'RE ARTSY-FARTSY SIDE

2z7r14n.jpg

• Like 5

2i06n2s.jpg

2vjpiki.jpg

2dkzar8.jpg

rmiiqd.jpg

ae2wpk.jpg

THANK YOU GODNEY FOR DITCHING WILL.I.FLOP AND BLESSING US PEASANTS WITH YOU'RE ARTSY-FARTSY SIDE

2z7r14n.jpg

Omfg we missed u Queen !!! It was so quiet and boring

2i06n2s.jpg

2vjpiki.jpg

2dkzar8.jpg

rmiiqd.jpg

ae2wpk.jpg

2z7r14n.jpg

OMG! YOUR POST IS GIVING ME LIFE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :crying1:

Well, the interview is old AND as we all should know by now, things behind the curtains can change within seconds and many songs don't make the cut.. So we'll have to wait and see :smile2:

But on the brighter side, that'd make the third song confirmed for B9! :ohnice:

How is it old ? It was published 4 days ago 

:gloria: mte !!!

They keep saying that because he did an interview in Feb saying that hes working with her

But in this interview hes updating us and letting us know she recorded it and its been done ..i have no idea why they are saying its old if its actually an update

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

OMG YAS

NOW I WANT HIS SONG INSTEAD OF PRETTY GURLS TBH, OMG YAS, MATTHEW HAS PERFORMED IN MY HOMETOWN, HE'S FLAWLESS, YAS YAS YAS YAS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

HIS LYRICS ARE AMAZING NOT CHEESY, NOT GENERIC, HES A GENIUS, YASSSSSS :crying2:

2i06n2s.jpg

2vjpiki.jpg

2dkzar8.jpg

rmiiqd.jpg

ae2wpk.jpg

2z7r14n.jpg

can i just say i love you for this!

Why hadn't we heard about this?? :gloria:

This era has felt really weird and random since day one, but in a good way. First I was so surprised when the Moroder colalboration was announced and now this! The news have been given to us all of a sudden, without anyone teasing anything and it's like "Wow, I was not expecting this!". I feel like Britney wants to experiment, do unexpected things, and when she said that she wanted to do something she's never done before she really meant it! 

This era has felt really weird and random since day one, but in a good way. First I was so surprised when the Moroder colalboration was announced and now this! The news have been given to us all of a sudden, without anyone teasing anything and it's like "Wow, I was not expecting this!". I feel like Britney wants to experiment, do unexpected things, and when she said that she wanted to do something she's never done before she really meant it! 

It's been a while since an era comes and we know so little info and that kinda makes everything exciting. The fact that whey were releasing the music video on the streets outta nowhere and the 2 or 3 snippets we hears are giving  us fucking life.

If the song had already leaked, that wouldn't have been the same

• Like 1

2i06n2s.jpg

2vjpiki.jpg

2dkzar8.jpg

rmiiqd.jpg

ae2wpk.jpg

2z7r14n.jpg

i love you! :gloria:

2i06n2s.jpg

2vjpiki.jpg

2dkzar8.jpg

rmiiqd.jpg

ae2wpk.jpg

2z7r14n.jpg

Seriously my reaction right now. :bow:

I was talking about the previous interview :P Should have made it clear :awkward:

:gloria: mte !!!

They keep saying that because he did an interview in Feb saying that hes working with her

But in this interview hes updating us and letting us know she recorded it and its been done ..i have no idea why they are saying its old if its actually an update

Just like Moroder keeps saying their collab is coming, but the last thing we know is that she was supposed to record a bridge for it. Since then, no new info has been given :waitWAT: Just because he's "updating" the info doesn't mean it will make the cut, that was my point.