Confirmed: Britney Spears Will Be Covering "tom's Diner"

HeadstrongWolf

can somebody tell me what is this sing about???

i already listen to the song, read the lyrics and still don't get it  :zoomzoom:

i've seen a lot of comments from member saying that the song is amazing and powerful and bla bla bla but i just don't see it  :4music:

help  :omg1:

Who cares, I wanna hear Britney singing 'umbrella' and 'pour the milk' :thatsfunny:

74 is The New 24 would have been a much better album title.  After hearing the snippet of the Sia track I'm a little underwhelmed tbh.  The most memorable section on "Tom's Diner" is the "do do doooh do doooh" melody because the rest of the song is an internal monologue that doesn't really stick.  I'm still interested in the track but not like I was before.  

• Like 2

i already listen to the song, read the lyrics and still don't get it :zoomzoom:

i've seen a lot of comments from member saying that the song is amazing and powerful and bla bla bla but i just don't see it :4music:

help :omg1:

You obviously haven't heard Myah Marie's flawless iconic version of the song
  • Like 1

what about the TU TU TU TU TURURUTU..... :pieceofwhat:

I know!! I'm actually very excited about the whole song. The original version sounds so mystical. This is something very different for Britney.

I wish she could perform this at least once, maybe in some kind of especial concert where Giorgio presents all of his songs from this album. She couldn't lipsync for a song like this. :bigtime:

But just like Kylie would say: dreaming's all I do, if only they come truuueeee :crying3:

• Like 2

The era hasn't even started and you're already wishing it flops :sipstea: Leaks = less sales = Flop. I wouldn't mind a snippet or two, but the whole song? :nonono:

It's just cover tho and it probably wont be a single :pieceofwhat: Didnt Scream n Shout leak and it smashed all over the world? No No? Yes. :displeased:

It's just cover tho and it probably wont be a single :pieceofwhat: Didnt Scream n Shout leak and it smashed all over the world? No No? Yes. :displeased:

Modern, upbeat song? Yes. But that's not the case with a cover. We want to hear it because it's our queen. But GP is over retro music, and if it leaks, even fewer people will actually buy it. Get it? :iwannago:

Modern, upbeat song? Yes. But that's not the case with a cover. We want to hear it because it's our queen. But GP is over retro music, and if it leaks, even fewer people will actually buy it. Get it? :iwannago:

Still want it to leak tho. If it's good people will buy it. Upbeat or not. *Cough* 21 *cough*

Giorgio Moroder’s new album features Britney Spears covering “Tom’s Dinerâ€

This summer, Italian record producer, songwriter, and electronic dance music pioneer Giorgio Moroder is set to release Déjà Vu, his first studio album in 30 years, and he’s lined up some of the top voices in pop to guest on the album. The guests cover a broad range of ages and styles, including Sia, Charli XCX, Kylie Minogue, Mikky Ekko (best known for his collaboration with Rihanna on “Stayâ€), and the bossy milkshake queen herself, Kelis.

Most interestingly, it appears Moroder has also snagged pop icon Britney Spears for a cover of Suzanne Vega’s 1987 hit “Tom’s Diner.†The cover could easily be the best new Britney release in recent years, considering just how much of a letdown her last album was. But we’ll blame Will.i.am for Britney Jean. It looks like we’ll have to wait until June 12 for the Britney song, but Moroder’s Sia-backed title track is due out tomorrow.

http://www.avclub.com/article/giorgio-moroders-new-album-features-britney-spears-218140
  • Like 1

i've seen a lot of comments from member saying that the song is amazing and powerful and bla bla bla but i just don't see it :4music:

i think the song is about being lonely after a breakup the last lines of the song are "As I listen to the bells of the cathedral I'm thinking of your voice and of the midnight picnic before the rain began" so like she's all alone in the diner watching people carry on with their lives, and she's trying to distract herself by reading the paper and sipping coffee but really all she can think about is this person.

• Like 1

The person singing is simply describing their time while sitting in a diner. But there a subtle signs of the narrator's loneliness and that they are possibly dealing with heartbreak. The "rain" she sings about at the end symbolizes a sad time in her life.
  • Like 1

what about the TU TU TU TU TURURUTU..... :pieceofwhat:

I just found this:

she explains the song a little bit.

You know what, I've never heard of her, but I really like her hahaha, I think I'm gonna search her music. I'm wondering how she's gonna react with Britney's cover, she liked the 90's version though, so who knows. Britney didn't have a good acceptance from the original singers of I Love Rock 'N' Roll or My Prerogative, I really hope Suzanne likes Britney's tribute.