Happy Anniversary To "femme Fatale"

News

femme

Happy 4th birthday to Britney spears seventh studio album "Femme Fatale".

Femme fatale was released March, 25, 2011 by Jive records. Britney wanted a "fresh sound" and "fierce dance album incorporating pop and dance styles such as dubstep, techno, and trance. Britney worked with various songwriters and producers for this album including Max Martin in addition to Dr. Luke, William Orbit, Fraser T Smith, Rodney Jerkins, Bloodshy & Avant. will.i.am, and StarGate. Britney released her first single "hold it against me" off that album and it reached the biggest first week sales in digital history! The album was released in march and it debuted #1 on the US billboard 200!! Femme fatale was also Britney's first album to have 3 top "Top 10 Hits", ICONIC!

What was your favorite song off this album? Discuss!

world

Read it on our mainsite!

Guest QueenJocasta

Inside Out, He About To Lose Me, How I Roll and TTWE are my favorite songs on the album  :thirsty:

I also love HIAM, Trip To Your Heart, Up N' Down  :tomh:

It's a really underrated dance-pop album. It's a bit over-produced and generic in parts, but its not a bad album at all  :yay1:

Not so much for the era per se, but the music is just so damn good :crying1:

Forever pressed at Criminal winning over Inside Out and DDB :icantt: and that TTYH wasn't performed :crying3: They got my hopes up after they played it during that video where Britney sees her stage for the first time :crying4: And showed those TTWE wings and I thought they were for TTYH :crying3:

Anyhoe :no1curr2:

I can't at stupid people calling it "generic" when it is the total opposite. Femme Fatale started it all! Since the moment Britney released HIAM, every-fucking-body started using Dubstep on their shitty songs, and that's how everyone came to think FF was generic :iwannago:

• Like 2

Wonderful era! I loved the music, music videos, the "I Am The Femme Fatale" doc, some of the promo performances, her Twitter Q&A's with us fans, the tour, etc. Not her greatest era but still very enjoyable by all means!

The album was released March 29th in the US. I bought 5 deluxe copies and 5 standard copies that day. As well as iTunes Deluxe, Japan version, and Premium Fan Edition from Britney.com

This album is the barometer by which to measure good dance pop tbh it's bangin while workin out, it's the inspiration for a thousand pop dubstep breakdowns, and How I Roll weirdly predicted the rise of PC Music. It's a pretty forward-thinking album, if not for the sheer largess of its production. Furthermore, I feel like it's definitely a Britney album, which is odd considering this project was, um... particularly laborious for her at times, but FF really showed that there's a Britney standard to pop, and it's a style and swagger only she can pull off. 

• Like 1

I think I like the singles, but my favorite song from the album is Trip to Your Heart. I wished it was a single, or that at least was included in the setlist of the tour.

Scary is amazing too, so bad it was just a bonus track. I used to like a lot Inside Out, I even voted for it when Criminal won, but with time I kinda lost the excitement for that song. Selfish is very good too.

And how can we forget about this?

Britney_Spears_Femme_Fatale1.jpg?ggnoads

• Like 1

I love this album, Femme Fatale is Blackout's shiny yet one track minded (sex siren) sister and deserves just as much praise.  I would have killed for a video for "Inside Out" after "Criminal."  

This album is the barometer by which to measure good dance pop tbh it's bangin while workin out, it's the inspiration for a thousand pop dubstep breakdowns, and How I Roll weirdly predicted the rise of PC Music. It's a pretty forward-thinking album, if not for the sheer largess of its production. Furthermore, I feel like it's definitely a Britney album, which is odd considering this project was, um... particularly laborious for her at times, but FF really showed that there's a Britney standard to pop, and it's a style and swagger only she can pull off. 

:clap:

I want to marry this post.  Whenever someone points out "Till the World Ends" sounds like a Ke$ha knock off or "Hold it Against Me" was originally meant for Katy Perry, all maybe true, but neither would have pulled these songs off. There's various vocal ticks and Britney-isms ("haaazy") that only she could pull off and make them undeniably her own.  FF sonically is an updated version of Britney's signature sound with forward-thinking productions, and a slew of albums/singles were inspired after its debut, no denying.  

• Like 1

There is so much to say about it :crying1:

It's such a flawless album and I was really bummed I didn't get to spend it's birthday with it, but I did blast it all day yesterday so I guess that's good :tbh:

I love every song from the album even Scary, even tho it's not on my CD and iPod :crying2: still gonna get Scary somehow tho.

It's the best Britney Spears album ever!!!

Flawless Fatale has and will always have my heart. It made the Trip to my Heart we could say :orlynow::trollney:

• Like 1

I like this album and I've been playing it a fair bit this week. I was listening to it today. It's a decent pure pop album, although I must confess it does have a couple of turkeys on it (Big Fat Bass anyone?)  :pieceofwhat:

yeahhh well, y'know, at least Big Fat Mistake and Drop Dead Vegetables have good instruments :yaknow:

I love this album, Femme Fatale is Blackout's shiny yet one track minded (sex siren) sister and deserves just as much praise.  I would have killed for a video for "Inside Out" after "Criminal."  

:clap:

I want to marry this post.  Whenever someone points out "Till the World Ends" sounds like a Ke$ha knock off or "Hold it Against Me" was originally meant for Katy Perry, all maybe true, but neither would have pulled these songs off. There's various vocal ticks and Britney-isms ("haaazy") that only she could pull off and make them undeniably her own.  FF sonically is an updated version of Britney's signature sound with forward-thinking productions, and a slew of albums/singles were inspired after its debut, no denying.  

Exactly :)