Britney Spears cancels her new show #Domination for family reasons!

News

britney-2.jpg?resize=642%2C323&ssl=1

britney-2.jpg?w=700&ssl=1

Britney just posted on her instagram that she will be cancelling her show #Domination due to her fathers health. Check out Britney’s statement below:

I don’t even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say. I will not be performing my new show Domination. I’ve been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart. However, it’s important to always put your family first… and that’s the decision I had to make. A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We’re all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time. I hope you all can understand. More information on ticket refunds is available on britneyspears.com. I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time. Thank you, and love you all… always.

Instagram Photo

Please keep Britney’s family in your prayers and we fully support whatever Britney decides to do! Family FIRST always!

View the full article

I am sure given his age, Jamie was sick.   There is a slight possibility that with her illness she could be mentally unable to do the show now.   My guess is that this was cancelled due to low ticket sales and her dad's illness is the excuse.   

She probably needs a long break to enjoy her kids and her extended family.

1 hour ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I lost a brother the day before Christmas Eve, so i unfortunately understand the mindset she’s in now, she’s doing the right thing,  family always come first!! Shame on any fan who is more concerned with the loss of music and a concert when she almost lost her dad.

So very sorry for your loss!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyfan said:

I am sure given his age, Jamie was sick.   There is a slight possibility that with her illness she could be mentally unable to do the show now.   My guess is that this was cancelled due to low ticket sales and her dad's illness is the excuse.   

She probably needs a long break to enjoy her kids and her extended family.

Wow. Her father had a ruptured colon and needed emergency surgery and post op care. For you to assume ticket sales and his "illness" as an excuse is quite cold hearted and disgusting. That's life threatening not the flu.

• Like 4

I always believed that Jamie was sick.   I am sure she was upset by his illness.   There is a slight chance that given her alleged mental state, that she is not able to work.   However, they were still doing rehearsals even after he initially got sick.

I am not cold hearted or anything.   In the music business, shows are cancelled all of the time due to poor ticket sales.  Poor ticket sales have been surrounding the show since the "big" reveal.   Hundreds of people would be employed with the show.  A lot of money would be invested and people would expect returns on the money.   Did investors pull the plug?  I doubt Jamie's illness is the real reason that show was cancelled.    

I hope she enjoys her time off.  I hope she can spend time with Jamie and Lynn.   I hope Jamie makes a full recovery.

3 hours ago, tonyfan said:

I always believed that Jamie was sick.   I am sure she was upset by his illness.   There is a slight chance that given her alleged mental state, that she is not able to work.   However, they were still doing rehearsals even after he initially got sick.

I am not cold hearted or anything.   In the music business, shows are cancelled all of the time due to poor ticket sales.  Poor ticket sales have been surrounding the show since the "big" reveal.   Hundreds of people would be employed with the show.  A lot of money would be invested and people would expect returns on the money.   Did investors pull the plug?  I doubt Jamie's illness is the real reason that show was cancelled.    

I hope she enjoys her time off.  I hope she can spend time with Jamie and Lynn.   I hope Jamie makes a full recovery.

I'm not denying shows get canceled for low ticket sales. However, in my opinion, it is cold hearted, disgusting, and repulsive of you to down play Jamie's RUPTURED COLON as an "illness" and assume it's being used as an excuse to hide "low ticket sales"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heather said:

I'm not denying shows get canceled for low ticket sales. However, in my opinion, it is cold hearted, disgusting, and repulsive of you to down play Jamie's RUPTURED COLON as an "illness" and assume it's being used as an excuse to hide "low ticket sales"

Sis it's not that deep.

We are all hoping Jamie makes a full recovery. There is no mean spirited thoughts here.

47 minutes ago, Nippi said:

Sis it's not that deep.

We are all hoping Jamie makes a full recovery. There is no mean spirited thoughts here.

And I never said there was, nor did I say anyone was insincere with their well wishes for Jamie. What I did say was that it's disgusting to downplay his serious, life-threatening condition to an "illness" and say it was an excuse for "poor" ticket sales.

20 hours ago, heather said:

And I never said there was, nor did I say anyone was insincere with their well wishes for Jamie. What I did say was that it's disgusting to downplay his serious, life-threatening condition to an "illness" and say it was an excuse for "poor" ticket sales.

No one knows what illness he has. And no one knows the reason(s) it was cancelled and/or whether it had to do with ticket sales or not. It's just speculation.

So gutted to hear about the show cancelled, Seems like the time her team get it together and all the right parts seem to be falling in to place nature feels the need to mess it up, bless her. Feel so bad for Brit but I wish her and her family all the best, sending my love. Having lost my Dad two years ago I know how quickly and horrible life can change :/ <3 so you gotta put your family first and make memories before you loose the chance too

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

41 minutes ago, Nippi said:

No one knows what illness he has. And no one knows the reason(s) it was cancelled and/or whether it had to do with ticket sales or not. It's just speculation.

Yes, we do. He had a ruptured colon and needed emergency surgery and post-op care. That's not an illness, it's a life-threatening condition. We know what Britney has stated, that she's canceling due to wanting to care for her father. To speculate about low ticket sales and her using him as an excuse to hide that is repulsive. Bottom line. Have your opinion that it's fine to speculate about Britney using her father's life-threatening condition as an excuse, I'll have mine that that speculation is gross.

19 hours ago, heather said:

Yes, we do. He had a ruptured colon and needed emergency surgery and post-op care. That's not an illness, it's a life-threatening condition. We know what Britney has stated, that she's canceling due to wanting to care for her father. To speculate about low ticket sales and her using him as an excuse to hide that is repulsive. Bottom line. Have your opinion that it's fine to speculate about Britney using her father's life-threatening condition as an excuse, I'll have mine that that speculation is gross.

Again, it's not that deep sis.

Fans always speculate, and that's fine. Doing so isn't downplaying the severity of Jamie's condition. As I said, I'm sure all of us hope he makes a full recovery. You're acting like people are saying "oMg JaMiE RuInED DoMiNaTiOn!"

21 minutes ago, Nippi said:

Again, it's not that deep sis.

Fans always speculate, and that's fine. Doing so isn't downplaying the severity of Jamie's condition. As I said, I'm sure all of us hope he makes a full recovery. You're acting like people are saying "oMg JaMiE RuInED DoMiNaTiOn!"

No, I'm not acting like that at all. I think it's absolutely repulsive to speculate on using her father as an excuse to hide the "real reason" for a cancellation. I don't really care if fans always speculate, that's not an excuse to be a garbage human being. Fans opinions and speculations don't matter when you were given a reason from the source, Britney herself. But that's not good enough for the conspiracy theorists, so you do you. Anyone who wants to "speculate" in that way is disgusting to me, period.

No, I'm not acting like that at all. I think it's absolutely repulsive to speculate on using her father as an excuse to hide the "real reason" for a cancellation. I don't really care if fans always speculate, that's not an excuse to be a garbage human being. Fans opinions and speculations don't matter when you were given a reason from the source, Britney herself. But that's not good enough for the conspiracy theorists, so you do you. Anyone who wants to "speculate" in that way is disgusting to me, period.

So what if people think that? It's plausible that the show was cancelled for more than this. I think the user above me mispoke when they said "excuse", as if Britney was looking for a reason to cancel or something. There could be multiple reasons, but obviously Jamie's health scare is the most pressing reason. They also said they hope Jamie makes a full recovery, so I don't see the reason to call people disgusting over something so small. That's just my two cents. As long as we're all wishing Britney and her family well and Jamie a full recovery? There's no problem.

So what if people think that? It's plausible that the show was cancelled for more than this. I think the user above me mispoke when they said "excuse", as if Britney was looking for a reason to cancel or something. There could be multiple reasons, but obviously Jamie's health scare is the most pressing reason. They also said they hope Jamie makes a full recovery, so I don't see the reason to call people disgusting over something so small. That's just my two cents. As long as we're all wishing Britney and her family well and Jamie a full recovery? There's no problem.

53 minutes ago, Nippi said:

The point is speculating about an alternate reason while simultaneously wishing her father well is very tacky, in my opinion. It can't ever be good enough for some fans what Britney says publicly, can it? No, it's always gotta be a conspiracy, a cover-up, hiding the truth etc.

Then that user should clear up their "mistake" if it was truly mispoken. Because as it stands, to say his "illness" which isn't an illness but a life-threatening condition is an "excuse" is disgusting. That's what I think, and guess what? I'm allowed to think that and express my disgust.

When the news first hit, it was just called an illness.  Details of what happened were not released until later that afternoon.   Please chill.   Whether or not it is called a ruptered colon or illness, does not really matter.   

Jamie is sick.  I hope he gets better soon.   I hope that Brit is handling her dad's illness as well as she can.   

It is my speculation that ticket sales were down from articles I have read and what I have seen in the group.  I speculate investors were pulling out or talking about pulling out.  Maybe her heart was not in it.   She did not get excited about the original reveal.   Jamie gets sick causing more upheaval in a project that was already lagging.   Show gets cancelled.   Britney releases a statement saying it was cancelled due to her dad being sick.   

Time to move on folks.   Maybe she will take some much needed time off to focus on her health, her boys, and her extended family including Jamie. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyfan said:

When the news first hit, it was just called an illness.  Details of what happened were not released until later that afternoon.   Please chill.   Whether or not it is called a ruptered colon or illness, does not really matter.   

Jamie is sick.  I hope he gets better soon.   I hope that Brit is handling her dad's illness as well as she can.   

It is my speculation that ticket sales were down from articles I have read and what I have seen in the group.  I speculate investors were pulling out or talking about pulling out.  Maybe her heart was not in it.   She did not get excited about the original reveal.   Jamie gets sick causing more upheaval in a project that was already lagging.   Show gets cancelled.   Britney releases a statement saying it was cancelled due to her dad being sick.   

Time to move on folks.   Maybe she will take some much needed time off to focus on her health, her boys, and her extended family including Jamie. 

Here I will put simply - considering the reason we were given, to speculate about other reasons is gross. Period. If you and others are comfortable doing that, that's on you. I was simply expressing my opinion that I find that behavior tacky and gross, and I'm allowed to say that.