Jlo To Extend Her Residency For Three Years With 120 Shows!

David

"Caesars Palace execs revealed exclusively to me at Wednesday night’s after-party in the new, swank Mr. Chow at Caesars Palace that J.Lo’s deal will now be for 120 shows over the next three years. It’s the icing on the cake for the global superstar singer, actress, dancer and 46-year-old mom of twins."

source

Shall we feel threatened? Has JLo officially taken over Vegas from Brit-Brit? Discuss  :blackoutsmiley:

Ugh shes really going to stay there that long? Her shows wont sell well enough to invest so much time into but who knows :zoomzoom:

I am curious to see how her shows will keep on doing. I remember Britney's first two or three legs all sold out in full and then she continuously kept losing seats and audience. I do think Britney's audience is consistent nowadays. I remember checking Ticketmaster for J.Lo and I am not even sure if her opening night sold out. A few hours before the show there were still some, not many, but a few tickets left. At this moment she doesn't have any sold out shows though many are close to.

I guess that's the Vegas dynamics and shows don't really sell out long in advance and I don't have a clue if Britney's were selling out on the day or before but yeah, it's interesting to see how J.Lo will do. I like her, I'm rooting for her but at the same time... I feel like she's getting SO much praise compared to Britz? 

• Like 1

I am curious to see how her shows will keep on doing. I remember Britney's first two or three legs all sold out in full and then she continuously kept losing seats and audience. I do think Britney's audience is consistent nowadays. I remember checking Ticketmaster for J.Lo and I am not even sure if her opening night sold out. A few hours before the show there were still some, not many, but a few tickets left. At this moment she doesn't have any sold out shows though many are close to.

I guess that's the Vegas dynamics and shows don't really sell out long in advance and I don't have a clue if Britney's were selling out on the day or before but yeah, it's interesting to see how J.Lo will do. I like her, I'm rooting for her but at the same time... I feel like she's getting SO much praise compared to Britz

Thank you! This is so true, especially if we look at the comments of the members of the forums. I love Jlo so much, but it's a bit ironic that everyone is praising her for doing a residency and at the same time bash Britney for that. Where are the complains from the international fans? Where are the people saying that Vegas is going to kill her career? It's like they only see the good stuff when it comes to Jennifer and then the bad stuff when it comes to Britney.

• Like 2

Thank you! This is so true, especially if we look at the comments of the members of the forums. I love Jlo so much, but it's a bit ironic that everyone is praising her for doing a residency and at the same time bash Britney for that. Where are the complains from the international fans? Where are the people saying that Vegas is going to kill her career? It's like they only see the good stuff when it comes to Jennifer and then the bad stuff when it comes to Britney.

Britney in my eyes does not belong in Vegas she is still young and should see the world.

• Like 4

But JLo is like 46 and her career is already over (it never started anyway) while Britney has still potential to be commercially successful again.

After the little success of 'Femme Fatale' and the big hit 'Scream & Shout' which she was featured in and was obviously a success because of her,Britney could have easily slay...

Her residency just made the public think that she retired or see her as an 'has been'...That's why her fans are unhappy that she stays in vegas at her young age.

• Like 2

This : 

But JLo is like 46 and her career is already over (it never started anyway) while Britney has still potential to be commercially successful again.

After the little success of 'Femme Fatale' and the big hit 'Scream & Shout' which she was featured in and was obviously a success because of her,Britney could have easily slay...

Her residency just made the public think that she retired or see her as an 'has been'...That's why her fans are unhappy that she stays in vegas at her young age.

And , it's not like Jlo was doing only Vegas unlike Britney, and her fans had absolutely nothing else to enjoy (and everytime Britney does something else which rarely happens, it has to be Vegas related so it's not even interesting or surprising anymore.) 

Jlo has her tv show that just started, she's also on new American Idol season which also just started. She was in 2 movies that came out last year etc.. Then she's doing a lot of promo, performs, shows up to a lot of events.. 2016 started 23 days ago, she already did 2 talk shows and was at like 5 events. Just sayin'. 
It's not like it was the same situation.
  • Like 1

I guess that's the Vegas dynamics and shows don't really sell out long in advance and I don't have a clue if Britney's were selling out on the day or before but yeah, it's interesting to see how J.Lo will do. I like her, I'm rooting for her but at the same time... I feel like she's getting SO much praise compared to Britz? 

THIS!!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Also it seems so early for them to extend J-LO that kind of length of contract! Like her show JUST started. What if she flops out after a couple of months and they still have to pay her for 3yrs!?!  :trollney: