Clumsy is the most addictive immediate pop song Britney’s recorded since “Toxic”.

DeniseBryson

Clumsy is the most addictive immediate pop song Britney’s recorded since “Toxic”.

Ignore the title, because this dancing princess and this gem of a monster hit is anything but. In a post Taylor Swift, Gaga and Adele pop landscape Britney finds her groove. On a track that’s brimming with more confidence and personality than the three of those woman combined. “Clumsy” is arguably the best song she’s recorded since her cult classic electro masterpiece “Blackout”. It’s the euphoric kind of monster pop anthem that saves careers and has the potential to redefine them.

“Call me a fool/Call me insane/But don’t call it a day”, Britney sings like a glutton for punishment - who can’t help but wink and nod to her many detractors, after nearly 20 years in an industry that has consistently written her off, Spears’ has made her brand of adventurous trend-setting pop the colloquial and with “Clumsy” has once again found her footing in the forefront of popular culture —oops!

From its opening distorted guitar licks to its finger tapping, booty-shaking, body banging chorus - this perpetually giddy acid-rock bluesy dance pop stomper is one of the most creative pop songs of the year and without a doubt one of the best of her career.

:crying1:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TheOriginalDollz said:

:crying5:

Now what are haters gonna' come up with?

This song takes everything great about what's current with music, dabbles a bit in Britney's musical past and forges a path ahead against all her competitors.

I will stan for this one. It's the most commercial of the bunch but its also the most "Britney" and the most innovative.

And I also haven't heard Britney sing with this much passion, conviction and personality - since forever.

I really didn't expect a song with the title "Clumsy" to be something great but as the centerpiece (track number 6) for glory its clear - Britney wanted to steer her music and pop in general into more creative waters and she's succeeded.

"Clumsy" is like her "We are the Champions"

:crying11:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaleFatale said:

Clumsy is her best song in ages, even better than make me, which is gold as well. Glory is going to enter my holy trinity easily, sorry femme fatale

IA sfm

I didn't think it would happen but it's looking more and more like "Glory" could rival "Blackout" what is even life?

:crying2:

• Like 1

Just now, Caroline77 said:

I wouldn't say it's the best song since Blackout but it's great (better than FF and BJ combined at least). I love the verses but it's the chorus that i don't really like. Maybe it will be better in HQ tho, i'll see. But the vocals are fucking amazing.

I feel like:

"Circus" gave us "Unusual You", which was a step forward sound-wise, lyrical content-wise from "Blackout"

"Femme Fatale" gave us more "Blackout"

And "Britney Jean" was basically just trying to fit in with the sounds of that year.

I feel like with "Glory" so far we're getting the current R&B pop sound but with a Britney twist - like its a culmination of all the best elements of her previous albums, but I really feel like "Clumsy" takes the most risks and is the most progressive of the bunch

Just now, Mr.Photographer said:

Just Luv Me is literally perfect and I know for a FACT that wasnt even the best part. Good For You meets BOM tone of voice and Innocentney 

ikr

i couldn't even deal i would love to hear ur thoughts on clumsy! but I don't know of any links for that one - all of them have been taken down

3 hours ago, Universe>Exhale said:

Ignore the title, because this dancing princess and this gem of a monster hit is anything but. In a post Taylor Swift, Gaga and Adele pop landscape Britney finds her groove. On a track that’s brimming with more confidence and personality than the three of those woman combined. “Clumsy” is arguably the best song she’s recorded since her cult classic electro masterpiece “Blackout”. It’s the euphoric kind of monster pop anthem that saves careers and has the potential to redefine them.

“Call me a fool/Call me insane/But don’t call it a day”, Britney sings like a glutton for punishment - who can’t help but wink and nod to her many detractors, after nearly 20 years in an industry that has consistently written her off, Spears’ has made her brand of adventurous trend-setting pop the colloquial and with “Clumsy” has once again found her footing in the forefront of popular culture —oops!

From its opening distorted guitar licks to its finger tapping, booty-shaking, body banging chorus - this perpetually giddy acid-rock bluesy dance pop stomper is one of the most creative pop songs of the year and without a doubt one of the best of her career.

TOXIC 2.0 I :cuteclap: AM :cuteclap: HERE FOR IT:cuteclap::cuteclap::cuteclap:

Leave it to Brit

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ianspears said:

:ahaha::nonotatall:

Gimme more, POM, Break the ice, Womanizer, Circus, HIAM, TTWE.... :no1curr:

I didn't say those songs weren't amazing. In fact, Gimme' More + Piece of Me especially are terrific and classic pop songs.

But I said it was her most immediate and I stand by it. I remember people hating on "Toxic" when the album first came out saying it sounded like a variety of other songs and that it sounded too cartoony (On the now defunct britney spears forum) - I remember hearing it and thinking - this is going to get critical acclaim.

I've heard people on other sites compare it to Meghan Trainor & Beyonce's "I Love Me" and "Daddy Lessons" - the reach.

This song, unlike the others we heard will get haters on board for the glory era. Bookmark me.

:queenflopga:

5 hours ago, Universe>Exhale said:

While I LOVE IT and totally think it's the BEST we've heard from #Glory.. I don't think I'd say it's on the level of TOXIC, GM, BTI, WB or TTWE..:aintevenmad: HOWEVER that being said it's definitely a HOT track that is Danceney but with a twist!! It's dancey but different still!  I love all the little sound tics that are thrown in!!! :excited:From what we've heard so far this is def one that I think has single potential written all over it!!!! :clap:

• Like 1