HolySpearit

Alli Sims said she carries “a lot of guilt" after she was forced to cut off contact with the pop icon.

"Alli Sims hasn’t spoken to her cousin Britney Spears since she said Spears’ father threatened her more than a decade ago.

In January 2008, as James “Jamie” Spears sought control of his daughter's affairs, Sims said she received a call warning something would happen to her if she did not cease communicating with the pop icon.

“He 100 percent was threatening me with my life,” said Sims, who left her job working for celebrity event planner Mindy Weiss to move in with Spears as a paid assistant in 2007. “I didn’t put it past him, so I didn’t answer" her calls again."

Okay this is creepy AF! :lul: what I want to know is what he threatened her for? what did she know? why did he need to threaten her?:yaknow:

“How do you watch that documentary and be in it and live in that and not say anything when it has gone on for so long?” Sims told NBC News in her first interview in more than a decade."

makes sense tbh :tbh:  I'm glad she's speaking out now. Maybe this will encourage others he might have intimidated to speak out too. :yes:

Even 13 years removed from the scenes that play out in the documentary, which she described as "accurate," Sims said the experience still impacts her.

The fear of misrepresentation Sims endured in that era alongside one of the biggest celebrities in the world also exposed her, she said, to scrutiny and contributed to her hesitancy to speak publicly for so long.

Sims acknowledged how the optics of some situations the pair found themselves in might have been perceived, but she said she rejects the narrative that is often advanced in the media that shames women as enjoying that attention.

Britney Spears
Britney Spears and Alli Sims, left, watch the Houston Rockets play the Los Angeles Lakers on March 30, 2007, in Los Angeles.Mark J. Terrill / AP file
“Just because I was smiling in a photo going through a drive-thru doesn’t mean that I wanted the attention,” Sims said. “I would have much rather been able to drive around town with nobody bothering us.”

Mundane activities like going to Starbucks for a coffee or picking up groceries put Sims in increasingly dangerous situations.

“We were so exposed,” she said.

The extremes Sims and Spears experienced from media attention often had the pair outnumbered by paparazzi in aggressive pursuits through the streets of Los Angeles or even in Spears’ own backyard, where helicopters were sometimes a fixture tracking Spears’ every move, Sims said.

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/britney-spears-former-assistant-elaborates-tumultuous-time-captured-documentary-n1257909

Praying for a smoking gun to bring him down soon :spearitualney: