Joseph Kahn on Womanizer & Jive/RCA

MakeMySugarFall

6 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I wish he’d be more precise, they calling him crazy or Britney crazy?? If it’s Britney, then fuck them but hey she’s still been in business all this time but where is Jive.... oh that’s right, nowhere, lol

no matter who. He did good job and only one who would have not money ever is JIVE/RCA. Worst label after Blackground Records (issue with JoJo/Aaliyah)

• Like 2

Sheez.

The business is rough. 

I saw a tarot reader video on youtube (who is not antphrodite but I can't remember her name sorry) and she was picking up in the cards that the label does not have a lot of confidence in her and they don't allow her to use her full voice, like they manipulate her to a range that's not her true range (true fans know this already but this woman was not a fan so I think that says something). I interpreted that to mean the label makes most of the decisions for her songs because they feel her true voice which they dont like will not sell well and she goes along with it because she's over fighting them.

So that interpretation, add in what we know of the multiple music video concept changes out of her control, I'm actually going to say the label was referring to HER not him. If they didn't trust him they wouldn't have hired him. 

While the label doesn't pay her to make the video (they pay the directors and production team and they do have to assign a budget to her music video) and if they felt like it was going to be a disaster they wouldn't be inclined to give it higher budget. That being said this may be just one asshole's opinion who was the person who cuts the check so it mattered but other people involver felt like it was going to be a success which is why the video went forward. Who knows? But it was Khan and Britney's last great video to date so it worked out. I hope they can work together again in the future because he knows how to style and film her...regardless of the perfume disaster it was always clear to me Khan has a problem with her label and not her (and most likely for the reason above).

• Like 3