Britney Spears Worldwide Album Sales [ESTIMATED]

Lonely-Ass

Hey, guys! I've tried to find accurate Britney album sales through various sources and I just put together the ones I tend to see the most. Therefore, this thread is purely estimation. I'm not saying these figures are true. Thanks, boo!

220px-..._Baby_One_More_Time_(album).png 

...Baby One More Time (1999)

Worldwide Sales: 31,500,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Oops!..._I_Did_It

Oops!...I Did It Again (2000)

Worldwide Sales: 25,250,000 

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Britney.png

Britney (2001)

Worldwide Sales: 15,500,000

220px-In_the_Zone.png

In The Zone (2003)

Worldwide Sales: 11,975,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Blackout (2007)

Worldwide Sales: 4,543,000

220px-Circus-_Album.png

Circus (2008)

Worldwide Sales: 7,019,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Femme_Fatale.png

Femme Fatale (2011)

Worldwide Sales: 4,280,000

220px-Britney_Jean.png

Britney Jean (2013)

Worldwide Sales: 1,277,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Glory_(Official_A

Glory (2016)

Worldwide Sales: 760,000

Other Releases:

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (2004) - 7,000,000

B in the Mix: The Remixes (2005) - 300,000

Britney & Kevin: Chaotic EP (2005) - 650,000

The Singles Collection (2009) - 1,000,000

B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 (2011) - 100,000

I have discography numbers for Hilary Duff, Shania Twain, Lana Del Rey, Ashley Tisdale and Kelly Clarkson as well (all my faves). Let me know if you want me to make a thread for them too! :) 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Nippi said:

Glory ... :iabj:

Its her own and her team/management fault!

She lost interest in BJ, most of people got this album and since they heard Myah inside it, they forgot her (you can see it in 50% low sales for Glory than BJ), then that cunts are not able spend some coins to music videos, 100% live (pre-recorded) performances, then she stayed whole time in "Britney Spears career museum" in Vegas since 2013, then she never perform her old tracks from previous albums (I mean abums debut=>In The Zone) on TV shows.

In 2018 is whole world about music videos and lots of performances or world tours, not about some interviews or in shit show in Vegas.

I don't care what do you think of it, but it's whole TRUTH and you must open eyes!

1 hour ago, ☆☆☆MikeCZ☆☆☆ said:

She lost interest in BJ, most of people got this album and since they heard Myah inside it, they forgot her (you can see it in 50% low sales for Glory than BJ), then that cunts are not able spend some coins to music videos, 100% live (pre-recorded) performances, then she stayed whole time in "Britney Spears career museum" in Vegas since 2013, then she never perform her old tracks from previous albums (I mean abums debut=>In The Zone) on TV shows.

In 2018 is whole world about music videos and lots of performances or world tours, not about some interviews or in shit show in Vegas.

I don't care what do you think of it, but it's whole TRUTH and you must open eyes!

True! At least, you got the courage to speak! :goodside:

8 hours ago, lanlan:1 said:

Glory has been sold 760000 copies, so it didn't do really bad right? :nothx:

That's worldwide though. I don't think it did SO bad and plus any recent album by an artist will always be less. That is if they don't have a huge flop prior to this new one but in Britney's case, album sales are lowering and she's losing fans. :( 

21 hours ago, ☆☆☆MikeCZ☆☆☆ said:

Team B definitely takes some of the blame, but there are other factors to consider. Britney isn't the only female artist that has had a dramatic decline in sales with recent albums. It's a combination of poor direction and the decline of sales in the music industry. I agree that her team is 100% responsible for Britney Jean and the PR disaster that was the Alien leak. That was a collosal disaster, and instead of trying to correct it, they just swept it under the rug. The fans KNOW Britney can sing. The GP however has been ruthless against her songs and performances. I don't have a problem with playback for the high energy dance routines, but they need to scale back some midtempos and include some ballads where Britney can sing LIVE. It's also long past due for her to re-record vocals for her older material for playback. A 36 year old Britney singing with her 16 year old voice is too obvious. Personally, I would want her to pre record an entire show so that when she uses playback, it's all fresh, and fans aren't rolling their eyes internally because they realize she's using the album's vocals. Plenty of artists do it, so Britney can as well. The music industry as well has changed dramatically and has taken huge tolls on sales. The prioritization of streaming over pure sales is destroying the music industry. If we didn't have apple music, Spotify, and other streaming services, or simply if record companies started putting at least a 2-3 year delay on including newer material on streaming, (especially for well established artists), I think sales would be much better. We saw it with Adele when she didn't put her album on streaming platforms. Streaming is presented as an alternative to buying music as opposed to being an actual incentive to buy the music, like radio. And you know how bad it's gotten when the RIAA started including streaming in it's certifications (which destroyed their credibility to me, honestly.) So it's definitely a number of factors. If her team actually had a PLAN to prove Britney as an artist to skeptics, and were smarter about promoting, Glory could've been a much better era. However, the promo and performances we got for Glory were SO much better than Femme Fatale and BJ combined. Unfortunately the effects of streaming and the poor direction of her team likely impacted what could've been. Now that it's roumored that her conservatorship may finally end, I'm extremely interested to see what Britney will decide to do with a new era, and I'm eager to see if she will be more involved with decisions now that she would be in control over alot of them once again.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, Nippi said:

Team B definitely takes some of the blame, but there are other factors to consider. Britney isn't the only female artist that has had a dramatic decline in sales with recent albums. It's a combination of poor direction and the decline of sales in the music industry. I agree that her team is 100% responsible for Britney Jean and the PR disaster that was the Alien leak. That was a collosal disaster, and instead of trying to correct it, they just swept it under the rug. The fans KNOW Britney can sing. The GP however has been ruthless against her songs and performances. I don't have a problem with playback for the high energy dance routines, but they need to scale back some midtempos and include some ballads where Britney can sing LIVE. It's also long past due for her to re-record vocals for her older material for playback. A 36 year old Britney singing with her 16 year old voice is too obvious. Personally, I would want her to pre record an entire show so that when she uses playback, it's all fresh, and fans aren't rolling their eyes internally because they realize she's using the album's vocals. Plenty of artists do it, so Britney can as well. The music industry as well has changed dramatically and has taken huge tolls on sales. The prioritization of streaming over pure sales is destroying the music industry. If we didn't have apple music, Spotify, and other streaming services, or simply if record companies started putting at least a 2-3 year delay on including newer material on streaming, (especially for well established artists), I think sales would be much better. We saw it with Adele when she didn't put her album on streaming platforms. Streaming is presented as an alternative to buying music as opposed to being an actual incentive to buy the music, like radio. And you know how bad it's gotten when the RIAA started including streaming in it's certifications (which destroyed their credibility to me, honestly.) So it's definitely a number of factors. If her team actually had a PLAN to prove Britney as an artist to skeptics, and were smarter about promoting, Glory could've been a much better era. However, the promo and performances we got for Glory were SO much better than Femme Fatale and BJ combined. Unfortunately the effects of streaming and the poor direction of her team likely impacted what could've been. Now that it's roumored that her conservatorship may finally end, I'm extremely interested to see what Britney will decide to do with a new era, and I'm eager to see if she will be more involved with decisions now that she would be in control over alot of them once again.

Thank you, Im at all with your post! dontcry.gif.8dc595fd3c405878033e5d2c52d41705.gif

btw- what can happen if her next album will be avaiable only for buy, but not for stream? I want more people pay for her album!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ☆☆☆MikeCZ☆☆☆ said:

Thank you, Im at all with your post! dontcry.gif.8dc595fd3c405878033e5d2c52d41705.gif

btw- what can happen if her next album will be avaiable only for buy, but not for stream? I want more people pay for her album!

I'm no professional, but with Adele's album, there was ALOT of hype for 25. That's why it did so well without streaming, because people were eager enough to buy the album. Britney's been around for a long time, so I think for her to generate publicity, she would need an image makeover. Like, imagine if she did an album like Kylie's "The Abbey Road Sessions", and took away all of the pop production of her songs and gave them an organic sound with an orchestra, and SANG all of the songs without assistance from tuning software. Even the best of the best singers can go off key, and the thing with albums that use orchestrated arrangements, like I assume Kylie's did, is that you can do multiple takes of the same song and choose the best one. There wouldn't be a need for digital correction. I think if she changed the key of some of her songs and used her natural and strong deep contralto voice as opposed to the "baby" voice we know her for — she would shock people, especially the doubters who've said for ages now she can't sing. I will always believe Britney could pull something like that off if she really wanted to. But with enough publicity and interest, you get success. That's why Circus did so amazingly well: she went from having the worst year of her life to having her first #1 single in 10 years. Britney just has to want the GP to be interested in her again, not just the fans like us who'll buy her album no matter what. She would also have to have alot of smart and current people on her team, which she started to do with Glory, and they basically let her record the album SHE wanted to record instead of creating one for her like they did with BJ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nippi said:

I'm no professional, but with Adele's album, there was ALOT of hype for 25. That's why it did so well without streaming, because people were eager enough to buy the album. Britney's been around for a long time, so I think for her to generate publicity, she would need an image makeover. Like, imagine if she did an album like Kylie's "The Abbey Road Sessions", and took away all of the pop production of her songs and gave them an organic sound with an orchestra, and SANG all of the songs without assistance from tuning software. Even the best of the best singers can go off key, and the thing with albums that use orchestrated arrangements, like I assume Kylie's did, is that you can do multiple takes of the same song and choose the best one. There wouldn't be a need for digital correction. I think if she changed the key of some of her songs and used her natural and strong deep contralto voice as opposed to the "baby" voice we know her for — she would shock people, especially the doubters who've said for ages now she can't sing. I will always believe Britney could pull something like that off if she really wanted to. But with enough publicity and interest, you get success. That's why Circus did so amazingly well: she went from having the worst year of her life to having her first #1 single in 10 years. Britney just has to want the GP to be interested in her again, not just the fans like us who'll buy her album no matter what. She would also have to have alot of smart and current people on her team, which she started to do with Glory, and they basically let her record the album SHE wanted to record instead of creating one for her like they did with BJ...

Youre right!

I think - she must get all attention from everyone with something what no one expected from her and then release album in direction how you said!