BRITNEY SPEARS Seeks New Lawyer ... TO FIRE JAMIE, END CONSERVATORSHIP

heather

Britney Spears has just taken the first step to end her conservatorship ... TMZ has learned she's contacted a large law firm ... and assuming the firm agrees and is permitted to represent her, the first order of business will be filing legal docs asking the judge to remove her father as conservator of her estate.

Multiple sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Britney wants to hire powerful lawyer and former federal prosecutor Mathew Rosengart. Britney has signed the following document:
"Pursuant to my statement in open court on June 23, 2021, my rights, and my desire to end the above-referenced conservatorship as to my father Jamie P. Spears, it is my desire to choose and retain my own counsel, at Greenberg, Traurig, LLP as set forth above."
The document is signed "BRITNEY JEAN SPEARS"

Rosengart, a partner in the firm, has represented a number of high-profile clients over the years, including Steven Spielberg, Sean Penn, Ben and Casey Affleck, Eddie Vedder, Soledad O'Brien, Michael Mann and NBA star Jimmy Butler.

TMZ broke the story ... Britney's long-time, court-appointed lawyer in her conservatorship case, Sam Ingham, resigned earlier this week. Our sources say Ingham believed he could no longer represent Britney because, in part, of her comments in court that she was never informed until recently she could end the conservatorship. We're told Ingham and others dispute that and say Britney was told numerous times over the years -- many times on the record in court -- that she could end the conservatorship, but she always declined to do so.
Britney became increasingly upset over the years ... especially with her dad, and wanted him out both as the conservator of her person and conservator of her estate. Jamie resigned as conservator of her person but remains sole conservator of her estate.
Bessemer Trust was scheduled to become co-conservator of Britney's estate but withdrew a week ago.

Our sources say Rosengart and his team have not formally agreed to represent Britney, but if he does the mission will be to attempt to end the conservatorship, although the first step is removing Jamie.
Britney has already asked the judge to end the conservatorship without any further medical evaluation. That will be an uphill climb, because nearly 2 dozen doctors and therapists have weighed in over the years ... saying Britney has a serious mental illness that would imperil her safety if left to her own devices. The judge did not indicate whether she's receptive to bypassing a mental health exam as a pre-condition to ending the conservatorship.
The other hurdle Britney must jump -- she's in a conservatorship, so she's unable to enter into a contract without the approval of her conservator. The person who must sign off -- none other than Jamie Spears. This would explain why the first step would be to attempt to remove Jamie.
Britney is going full steam ahead ... signing documents that would allow Rosengart to represent her ... that is if he agrees and the court approves it.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/10/britney-spears-new-lawyer-end-conservatorship-petition-filed-mathew-rosengart/

This is SUCH a smart move, your turn Penny. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Judge better approve this and if she does, can the judge order to Jamie approve this???

If Penny approves this I don't know if he can, but Jamie will likely fight it like he did with Loeb & Loeb and Bessemer and the judge will likely again rule in Britney's favor and dismiss Jamie like she did before with them both.

54 minutes ago, heather said:

If Penny approves this I don't know if he can, but Jamie will likely fight it like he did with Loeb & Loeb and Bessemer and the judge will likely again rule in Britney's favor and dismiss Jamie like she did before with them both.

Hopefully, she ends up with this guy cuz based on research other fans have started, this guy seems like a shark!!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Hopefully, she ends up with this guy cuz based on research other fans have started, this guy seems like a shark!!

I don't see any reason why she wouldn't approve this, but nothing about this case has been normal from the start so fingers crossed!

The one thing I can’t stand in TMZ’s (and a few others) write ups of her supposed mental state - assuming it’s real, a mental disorder is still not an excuse to take away someone’s right to live their life how they want. 

If she wanted to blow every dollar she has, do all the drugs, party hardcore, never work again - that would be her prerogative (~reference~)! Not saying she would at all, but if she wanted to, it’s her life and her choice. This idea that a mental illness she supposedly has would cause her irreparable harm if she weren’t in a conservatorship - bullshit. Psychologists and medicines, where necessary, can help one lead a very productive life. We should be allowed to fail, and allowed to fail on our own terms and in our own way. This conservatorship sounds like, “If we let poor Britney out, she’ll stub her toe! We have to protect her from corners of furniture!” Fuck out of here. 

If that’s how conservatorships work, there are helicopter parents who would immediately deploy them, and that is absolutely not how that shit should work. 

/ENDRANT

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

The one thing I can’t stand in TMZ’s (and a few others) write ups of her supposed mental state - assuming it’s real, a mental disorder is still not an excuse to take away someone’s right to live their life how they want. 

If she wanted to blow every dollar she has, do all the drugs, party hardcore, never work again - that would be her prerogative (~reference~)! Not saying she would at all, but if she wanted to, it’s her life and her choice. This idea that a mental illness she supposedly has would cause her irreparable harm if she weren’t in a conservatorship - bullshit. Psychologists and medicines, where necessary, can help one lead a very productive life. We should be allowed to fail, and allowed to fail on our own terms and in our own way. This conservatorship sounds like, “If we let poor Britney out, she’ll stub her toe! We have to protect her from corners of furniture!” Fuck out of here. 

If that’s how conservatorships work, there are helicopter parents who would immediately deploy them, and that is absolutely not how that shit should work. 

/ENDRANT

YUP. Britney isn't even in a mental health conservatorship so let that sink in. They're using her "mystery illness" as a way to keep power and control over her and it's, above all else, illegal from day one. I don't think it was ever out of concern for her well being, but concern she was gonna cut her family out for good. Enough is enough at this point. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 6:42 PM, edurance said:

I want to hear them tell the judge how a person with a "serious mental illness" can do stuff like this on-stage but can't go on a ride with her boyfriend. Good luck, Jamie! britney-spears-blindfolded.jpg

And this part is nothing compared to the stunt that came later in that song, bitch did it all free hand too, no harness, only thing securing her was a guy, I’d LOVE to hear them explain that!!