Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LiaLovesGodney

I Am Very Confused Right Now

I"ve mentioned here and there that I am nursing major and plan to work in the medical field. Currently, I am a nursing assistant and work in home healthcare for elderly people.

Well....I am really beginning to regret my choice of career path. I don't have a passion for this. I am not a people person in the sense that I feel comfortable taking care of patients and being in social situations constantly.

A medical career seemed right because I am really good in science and enjoy those classes a lot. And I considered pursuing a nursing career that is based in research, but I can't see myself doing that either.

What do I love to do?

I love to sit at home and write my own stories and read lots of books. I love to spend hours on interior design blogs or planning out outfits for a tour. I used to love the idea of being a wedding planner or a fashion designer. I love playing video games. I love dancing.

So now I'm asking myself why I didn't an english major, or go into design, or art, or dance, or even chemistry. I have already spent so much money on classes and dedicated all my time to getting into upper division nursing. I have a freaking 4.0 GPA. I can't just throw all of my hard work away.

If my family was wealthy, I'd sit at home and churn out stories and novels until I was a successful writer. I can literally spend an entire day writing while I listen to music and choreograph routines in my head.

Ugh.....