The Official Mariah Carey Thread

Sweet Dreams

Posted Image

Mariah Carey (born March 27, 1970 in Huntington, New York, United States) is a pop and R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, model and entrepreneur. She made her recording debut in 1990 under the guidance of Columbia Records executive Tommy Mottola, and became the first recording artist to have her first five singles top the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart. Following her marriage to Mottola in 1993, a series of hit records established her position as Columbia’s highest-selling act. According to Billboard magazine, she was the most successful artist of the 1990s in the United States. Following her separation from Mottola in 1997, Carey introduced elements of hip hop into her album work, to much initial success, but her popularity was in decline when she left Columbia in 2001. She signed to Virgin Records but was paid to leave the label the following year after a highly publicized physical and emotional breakdown, as well as the poor reception given to Glitter, her film and soundtrack project. In 2002, Carey signed with Island Records, and after a relatively unsuccessful period, she returned to the top of pop music in 2005. Carey was named the best-selling female pop artist of the millennium at the 2000 World Music Awards. She has the most number-one singles for a solo artist in the United States next to Diana Ross (eighteen; second artist overall behind The Beatles), where, according to the Recording Industry Association of America, she is the third best-selling female artist and sixteenth overall recording artist. Carey has sold over two hundred million records. In addition to her commercial accomplishments, Carey has earned five Grammy Awards, and is well-known for her vocal range, power, melismatic style, and use of the whistle registerPosted Image. Now, the wife of Nick Cannon and mother of twins; Carey announced she was working on a new studio album. Longtime friend and collaborator along with Walmart revealed the album’s title as The Art of Letting Go.

• 2 weeks later...

The first Mariah Carey song I listened to was My All, during a family reunion... I was entranced by her voice and the acoustic guitar.

I was 7 years old... so I didn't even know who the singer was back then.  :whoops:

It wouldn't be until middle school that I found out the artist was Mariah Carey.  :flop:

They played It's Like That, We Belong Together, Shake It Off, and Don't Forget About Us nonstop at my school!

The Emancipation of Mimi brings so many good memories... I was hyperactively happy back then. :P

So I guess I became a fan in 2005... but I love all her singles. Mariah Carey has a flawless discography!

Not to mention that voice... :crying2: Powerhouse.

Love Memoirs and I'm anxiously waiting for her new album!  :soexcited:

The first Mariah Carey song I listened to was My All, during a family reunion... I was entranced by her voice and the acoustic guitar.

I was 7 years old... so I didn't even know who the singer was back then.  :whoops:

It wouldn't be until middle school that I found out the artist was Mariah Carey.  :flop:

They played It's Like That, We Belong Together, Shake It Off, and Don't Forget About Us nonstop at my school!

The Emancipation of Mimi brings so many good memories... I was hyperactively happy back then. :P

So I guess I became a fan in 2005... but I love all her singles. Mariah Carey has a flawless discography!

Not to mention that voice... :crying2: Powerhouse.

Love Memoirs and I'm anxiously waiting for her new album!  :soexcited:

slay bestie,SLAY!<3Posted Image

• Like 1

Thank you, Mimi! I wish I was a better stan like you! Posted Image

Your "The Roof" MV set is perfect, dahling! Posted Image

All Butterfly tracks remain fresh, even after 16 years.

Flawless album (dare I say, her best?).   :bow:

aww dahling thanks so much<3Posted ImagePosted Image

And yes, Butterfly album is still slaying me hard! Posted Image

Its deffinitely one of her best albums, but my favorite is still 'Mariah Carey'Posted Image

I also love E=MC. I love all of her albums tbh. Posted Image

• Like 2

aww dahling thanks so much<3Posted ImagePosted Image

And yes, Butterfly album is still slaying me hard! Posted Image

Its deffinitely one of her best albums, but my favorite is still 'Mariah Carey'Posted Image

I also love E=MC. I love all of her albums tbh. Posted Image

I love all her albums too! Posted Image

But, Butterfly holds a special place in my heart (because of My All).  :britneycryingdfcuerfsgi:

I always get goosebumps at the start.  :crying1:

90s throwback, y'all. :P