The Official Britney: #pieceofme Show Coverage Thread For Saturday April 16Th, 2016

Her FFT intro-interludes hair/makeup were among the 10 best looks she ever had

My bad, I totally missed the "intro" part, thought you were talking about the infamous meet & greets and "racoon eyes". However, I'll stand with what I said, the pictures do not make justice to her beauty... she is just insanely gorgeous in person.

I was at the show this weekend and it was an awesome, visual feast that isn't done justice with clips or even a full length recording on YouTube. She looks great and is ridiculously sexy & charismatic live. (I was in section 103, Row 3 seat 1 and went with my on-off-on boyfriend.) :slay:

I had little to no reception while I was there so all my text messages and half of my snaps didn't even go through on Sat nite.  :crying1:

But going back to live vs clips. The crowd really gets into the show, after the countdown ends, and the announcement is made about her hitting the stage the crowd had already lost it.  So once she hit the stage it was bananas and everyone was up on their feet dancing & singing the moment she appears.  The crowd seemed to be made up of casual fans than stans because based on reactions from the setlist (which really flows a lot better live) were pumped when fan favorites were performed ("Gimme More," for example, got people in my section turnt) and lost their collective minds during BOMT.  A lot of my least favorite numbers greatly improved after seeing them live too:  "Scream & Shout" is actually pretty awesome, "Circus" is epic (you can actually feel the heat from the ring of fire), and the encore is actually thrilling even with the weaker choreoography.  ("Stronger" gets my most improved, it is great live.)

My only complaints, and I know this is a tired one, but all of her vocals should have been prerecorded.  There's some in "Work Bitch" and "Womanizer" that's really believable so once "Break the Ice" starts it's a bit jarring because of how pitched her vocals are.  (I actually heard someone ask if she was lip-synching.)  The recording/music is really loud, to the point her vocals sound really muffled on "Do Somethin'" & "Breathe on Me."  I think this is more important than her trying to hit difficult routines at this point.  

Needs more audience participation/interaction.  The crowd on Sat was in awe, and she plays to the crowd in the pit quite a bit, but overall it was sort of like watching a live action music video for everyone else.  She uses the catwalk/b-stage way too little during the first half of the show.  

Overall I was more than happy and will attend the show again.  I'm hoping she has shows next April, because after telling my friends, who opted not to go, about the concert they were jealous.   :idgaf:

• Like 3

^ I agree with you about the pre-recorded vocals and audience interactions. I went for Halloween last year and plan on going again, but the interactions are minimal. I went with a friend who is a very casual fan and basically just went with me cause I Stan hard and he said his only complaint was how she barely spoke and it made the show go by way too quick. She interacted a lot with a little girl in the VIP tables and some with the pit but that's it. I explained how she likes the flow of the show without the interruptions but it's really just an excuse. It would add that personal touch it needs, cause it's really a great show

• Like 1

^ I agree with you about the pre-recorded vocals and audience interactions. I went for Halloween last year and plan on going again, but the interactions are minimal. I went with a friend who is a very casual fan and basically just went with me cause I Stan hard and he said his only complaint was how she barely spoke and it made the show go by way too quick. She interacted a lot with a little girl in the VIP tables and some with the pit but that's it. I explained how she likes the flow of the show without the interruptions but it's really just an excuse. It would add that personal touch it needs, cause it's really a great show

The show would be absolute perfection if these two areas are corrected. :yay1: My boyfriend also, a very casual fan, noted the same thing about her lack of interaction beyond the pit and live vocals once we left.  He liked the show, he stood bobbing his head & mouthing some of the lyrics, but felt it was a little mechanical & quick too. The stan in me was just happy to be in the same theater as her.  :o

• Like 1

I was at the show this weekend and it was an awesome, visual feast that isn't done justice with clips or even a full length recording on YouTube. She looks great and is ridiculously sexy & charismatic live. (I was in section 103, Row 3 seat 1 and went with my on-off-on boyfriend.) :slay:

I had little to no reception while I was there so all my text messages and half of my snaps didn't even go through on Sat nite.  :crying1:

But going back to live vs clips. The crowd really gets into the show, after the countdown ends, and the announcement is made about her hitting the stage the crowd had already lost it.  So once she hit the stage it was bananas and everyone was up on their feet dancing & singing the moment she appears.  The crowd seemed to be made up of casual fans than stans because based on reactions from the setlist (which really flows a lot better live) were pumped when fan favorites were performed ("Gimme More," for example, got people in my section turnt) and lost their collective minds during BOMT.  A lot of my least favorite numbers greatly improved after seeing them live too:  "Scream & Shout" is actually pretty awesome, "Circus" is epic (you can actually feel the heat from the ring of fire), and the encore is actually thrilling even with the weaker choreoography.  ("Stronger" gets my most improved, it is great live.)

My only complaints, and I know this is a tired one, but all of her vocals should have been prerecorded.  There's some in "Work Bitch" and "Womanizer" that's really believable so once "Break the Ice" starts it's a bit jarring because of how pitched her vocals are.  (I actually heard someone ask if she was lip-synching.)  The recording/music is really loud, to the point her vocals sounded really muffled on "Do Somethin'" & "Breathe on Me."  I think this is more important than her trying to hit difficult routines at this point.  

Needs more audience participation/interaction.  The crowd on Sat was in awe, and she plays to the crowd in the pit quite a bit, but overall it was sort of like watching a live action music video for everyone else.  She uses the catwalk/b-stage way too little during the first half of the show.  

Overall I was more than happy and will attend the show again.  I'm hoping she has shows next April, because after telling my friends, who opted not to go, about the concert they were jealous.   :idgaf:

I'm so glad you had fun, it always makes me happy when a flawless forum members gets the chance to see her :crying1: 

About what you said, I think that if it was up to her she'd interact more with the audience, because you can tell that for example before Freakshow she gets in the mood to talk with people and walk through the stage, but they always start playing the music way too soon and she has no choice but to go on with the show! I feel like they're very strict with the time tables and all that, that's why whenever she adds a song to the setlist she has to remove another, it's like "this show cannot last more than 90 minutes" or something like this, you know? But yeah, they should definitely let her interact with the audience because for the first time in forever you can actually tell that she really wants to!

• Like 2

I'm so glad you had fun, it always makes me happy when a flawless forum members gets the chance to see her :crying1:

About what you said, I think that if it was up to her she'd interact more with the audience, because you can tell that for example before Freakshow she gets in the mood to talk with people and walk through the stage, but they always start playing the music way too soon and she has no choice but to go on with the show! I feel like they're very strict with the time tables and all that, that's why whenever she adds a song to the setlist she has to remove another, it's like "this show cannot last more than 90 minutes" or something like this, you know? But yeah, they should definitely let her interact with the audience because for the first time in forever you can actually tell that she really wants to!

Thank you! :hug: I had a blast and would go again in a heartbeat. :yay1:   It was so jam packed and crowded @ 8:30pm when I arrived I didn't even get pictures of her costumes on display. :crying1: I only had time for a shirt and a drink (which was also crazy). 

I absolutely agree with you, and I do think that's the reason. :thumbsup: The energy in that theater is crazy, this revamped show is everything in person.   :crying5:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines