Grease: Live!

PopMusicJunkie

Anyone else watch this?  I was blown away by NBC's The Wiz Live! back in December (I still prefer it, tbh) but FOX surpassed my expectations with this one.  The show was basically the movie performed live on multiple, elaborate sets with a live audience and great choreography.  (Major kudos to Vanessa Hudgens who performed less than 24 hours after her father passing.) :slay:

• Like 1

Yes I adored it. the live audience aspect was a great idea - it's what the NBC live musicals are missing. In this case, the ensemble was much stronger than the leads (Julianne Hough and Aaron Tveit) to be fair, it's hard to live up to John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.

Vanessa was definitely the stand out. I just love her. I met her back in June when she was on Broadway, she has come a long way performance wise and her vocals have really improved!

• Like 1

Yes I adored it. the live audience aspect was a great idea - it's what the NBC live musicals are missing. In this case, the ensemble was much stronger than the leads (Julianne Hough and Aaron Tveit) to be fair, it's hard to live up to John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.

Vanessa was definitely the stand out. I just love her. I met her back in June when she was on Broadway, she has come a long way performance wise and her vocals have really improved!

:thumbsup: Yeah a live audience was definitely needed and you can tell the performers fed off that energy.  You are dead on about the leads paling in comparison to not only John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, but the rest of the cast too, and just get lost in the shuffle of everything going on about them.  (They're great, fantastic dancers tho.)   Vanessa Hudgens really impressed me throughout.  :clap:

I wasn't a fan of nerdy Patty Simcox in this version, she bugged.   :nahnah:

You met her? how is she? i heard she is really nice and sweet

Anyone else watch this?  I was blown away by NBC's The Wiz Live! back in December (I still prefer it, tbh) but FOX surpassed my expectations with this one.  The show was basically the movie performed live on multiple, elaborate sets with a live audience and great choreography.  (Major kudos to Vanessa Hudgens who performed less than 24 hours after her father passing.) :slay:

It was great!!!  :yas:  :yas:  :yas:  CARLY RAE SLAYED!!!! 

the-official-grease-live-teaser-trailer-