Dia De Los Muertos

Fuego

I will ASAP :shake:

that is beautiful, really touching :crying3: oh and who's Catrina ?

La Catrina has become the referential image of Death in Mexico, it is common to see her embodied as part of the celebrations of Day of the Dead throughout the country; she has become a motive for the creation of handcrafts made from clay or other materials, her representations may vary, as well as the hat , it was created by Jose Guadalupe Posada, and it has been used to being the "face" of the death  :)

• Like 2

it's a really cool tradition, we put (ofrendas) big decorated tables, for the death nice colors, nice food and details, is a way to respect and reconec to the death, <3 this is pretty cool and nice

It's such a beautiful celebration, Mexico is seriously such a beautiful country with beautiful culture and great people :bow:

La Catrina has become the referential image of Death in Mexico, it is common to see her embodied as part of the celebrations of Day of the Dead throughout the country; she has become a motive for the creation of handcrafts made from clay or other materials, her representations may vary, as well as the hat , it was created by Jose Guadalupe Posada, and it has been used to being the "face" of the death  :)

Wow thanks dear, that was really interesting to read, you live in such a lovely country :)

btw

ese de la foto eres tu?

Mi papá murió el martes :(

I'm deeply sorry Sweetie, I know words sometimes seems to not help at all, but I wish you and your family can get through this in the best way. May he rest in peace, I know I don't know you, but I send you a lot of love and good vibes, and I'll pray for your dad and all your family.
  • Like 2

Dia de muertos!!! uno de mis dias favoritos!!!!! Mi abuelita hace tamales ese dia!!!!!  :bigsmile:  :bigsmile:

Im waiting so anxious!!..

We also take flowers to our dead people.. is so nice to see the graves full of flowers  :crying1:

They are with us this 2 days (november 1 and 2) and the family is reunited  :clap:

is a big day!  :thatsright:

It's the day of the dead

They make surgar skulls which are amazing to eat!!! Gosh I love them

The bread around that time is great too (I forgot the name of the bread tho). Lets just say pan :gloria:

I think the second day celebrates children who died (it might be the first)

I also know that they have these amazing graveyard type dinners and stuff with altars

I also know people sell some pretty cool stuff like statues and blankets for it and they look so cool!!!

I've always wanted to at least go to one of the Day of the Dead celebrations because they look like fun! :tbh::crying1: