Tech geeks, where you at? My fried laptop might have resurrected itself.

HeadstrongWolf

2h3y152.jpg2h3y152.jpg2h3y152.jpg

So do you all remember a few months ago, when I just moved in with my dad?

My cats had knocked over a cup of water while I was sleeping and it got onto my laptop.

It was fucked. Windows was acting buggy as fuck, barely operational. Computer ran slow as fuck, took nearly 2 hours(?) just to sign into my local WIndows 10 account. (Meaning boot up to my desktop.) Only HALF of the keyboard worked. I was surprised it worked long enough for me to do an emergency backup with an external hard drive.

So I just turned it on for the first time in nearly 3 months.

It's acting... Perfectly normal 2s9y4c0.jpg2h3y152.jpg

The keyboard works. Windows 10 running normally, just like on this replacement laptop my mother sent me. (I'm probably about to send it back because I cut her off tbh.)

But regardless, it seems to be working fine... Just a little slow on startup...? 2h3y152.jpg

Just to be safe, I took it apart. There was no visible water, no warped computer parts... Just some dust. 2h3y152.jpg

Checking with Advanced System Care, my CPU jumps from 9 to 100 during start, but on average,  stays around 30%.

The strange part,for Disk, it is CONSTANTLY  jumping over the place from 0% to 100% 2h3y152.jpg

I don't remember what it was like before. But I mean... It seems to be working now? 2h3y152.jpg

I tested the USB ports, SD slot, volume, etc... It works perfectly.

But something about the CPU / Disk use (according to Advanced System Care 8) is bothering me.

Am I overreacting? Is my beloved Lenovo back to life? :yasqueen:

I'm not sure how water damage affects a laptop, so I wanted to ask for your opinions, Universe. 

I hope you guys have more experience than I do in this field.

It's not often I ask for tech advice, take the opportunity while you can :queenflopga: 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, I'm making this post from the said laptop, and my only issue is that I cannot type certain characters while holding the shift key.

For example, if I hold shift, and press [];'\, nothing comes up. Meaning I can't use colons. Meaning I can't type out necessary emotes, like yasqueen or ashley. 

Which is weird, these 5 keys only don't work when I use them with the shift key. Either of them. 2h3y152.jpg

Update, I've come to the conclusion that my laptop keyboard is fried. The shift works normally on the on screen keyboard, therefore it's a hardware problem. 

Thankfully, replacement keyboards are only about $30 on amazon tybg