Racism In Hip Hop

blackoutbaby09

Now, it's time for a long rant! :clap::excited: I know you all love long rants. :pieceofwhat: So anyways, I've noticed there's some racism in the hip hop industry, especially concerning Iggy Azalea. Now I'm not saying everyone who isn't a fan of hers is guilty of this, so don't think I'm targeting you, but I've seen some people who hate on her just because she's a white girl rapping. It really gets to me because hip hop shouldn't be limited to one race. She's doing what she loves and nobody should be able to tell her she can't because she isn't black. It sucks. :crying5:

But yeah. That's basically it. :bigtime:

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

yea IA. it's SOOOO ridiculous, under every video of hers there's always someone in the youtube comments saying "she shouldn't be rapping because she's Australian/White". When if she was singing pop no one would say that, even tho pop didn't originate from Australia either... ugh hypocrites :icanttt:

• Like 1

yea IA. it's SOOOO ridiculous, under every video of hers there's always someone in the youtube comments saying "she shouldn't be rapping because she's Australian/White". When if she was singing pop no one would say that, even tho pop didn't originate from Australia either... ugh hypocrites :icanttt:

Exactly! It's ridiculous! If someone doesn't like her they need to give a good reason not to like her, not just by saying she's white/Australian. :icant:

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

Exactly! It's ridiculous! If someone doesn't like her they need to give a good reason not to like her, not just by saying she's white/Australian. :icant:

exactly :icantt:

now I understand black timmy, people always getting his name wrong :icanttt:

• Like 1

I alwyas hear them sayin it's cos she's Australian rapping in an American accent usually, which is pretty lame. It suck if it is cos she's white, sadly though becuse it is mostly one race doing it, some people will be idiots, but Eminem has a bit of animosity but he is actually good and was himself so he got accepted and is up there with biggie and tupac.

My issue with her is that she takes on an outlandishly fake accent that is kind of your stereotypical "ghetto" "hoodrat" black person.

I have an issue with Nicki because she really isn't letting other female rappers shine. There are so many underground who could out-rap Nicki and Iggy with no problem. (Look up Leikeli47 and Kellee Maize, for example.)

When some African-Americans think about non-black people delving into our culture, it puts them on the defensive. They think Why does someone always have to take what's ours?. I have family members who think this way, not in a rude way but they are just wary.

With a rapper like Eminem, he's proved himself to be a great MC and has earned respect from everyone. Iggy is no different from every other materialistic rapper (white or black) who almost makes a parody of hip hop culture. For example, a parody on YT said her voice is the vocal equivalent to Black-face, taking on the African-American character.

To me, she comes off as a bit fake and her rhyming skills are mediocre at best.

So yeah... there is racism and sexism involved with regards to Iggy, which is bad. Very very bad. However, some of the arguments against her that aren't discriminatory are justified.