Britney Fan Of The Week (Valetgirls)

GlenCoco

Meet Nick

Yp1gXj3.jpg

HE IS A GUY I KNOW SHOCKING WHAT HAS YOUR LIFE AMOUNTED TO IT'S ALL A LIE  He is 20 years young, living a bitchin life up in Texas y'all. Finishing his degree in international economics while simultaneously being a badass, Nick is a hella amazing member on the forums and I love all of you especially GlenCoco because I have an appetite for flawless things (yup he wrote that) 

He is a flawless member he is always here with a positive attitude, he is so funny and so fun to be around he is flawless so he deserves to be MOTW 

Nick Don't Have No Twitter Cuz' He's a Contrarian

How did you become a Britney fan?
"...Oops! I Did It Again!" was the first album I bought by myself growing up, so I contributed to homegurl's record debut  :bomt: I followed Brit Brit throughout the 2000s and became a forum-certified stan shortly after HIAM released.

Why you love Britney?
Brit's legacy forms the foundation of modern pop music. I mean, she revitalized teen pop (with all those artists now in the pantheon of pop royalty), changed the radioscape several times during the 00s from urban world music towards an edgy synth grind, and yet again as she ushered in the Era of Dubstep. I mean honestly, when will your faves? Really, when will they? Xtincta tried to make Big Band a thing but flopped (unfortunately) with Back to Basics. People are already over the "dress like an idiot who walked through Japanese toy store in a tornado" outrageous style of dress a la the Gagster and Minaj. What change has Bey brought about (Or Selma Gomert or Ariana Venti?) She has the X Factor. She is Britney, bitch!  :walkonby:

When Did You Become a Britney Fan?
Like I said, I followed Brit through ITZ and through 2007-08, and I formally became a card-carrying Britney stan on the onset of the Femme Fatale era.

Top 3 Britney music videos
Blerghhhhh I hafta formalize all dis  :embarrassed: well, here we go:

tumblr_lv7dd0hk591r1aox2o1_500.gif

z7l61sx96f4g6sol1zfbm8if.500x242x11.gif

tumblr_miflm6jmyz1rfsim9o8_500.gif

1.- Slave 4 U: Brit is sexy af in this vid, the choreo is iconic, and the video was filmed on the same set as Jurassic Park. Nuff' said y'all

2.- Womanizer - Despite a distinct lack of choreography, I love to see Brit get all excited doing the multiple characters in the music video. Also, she's hot as hell in EVERY character; shoutout to criminally underrated and amazingly sexy Limo Driverney, she never gets any love!

3.- My Prerogative: Because everyone needs an excuse to crash a car into a pool  :werk:

Favorite Britney album

7701437612_7a3579d577_z.jpg

BLACKOUT 
Just a few years shy from being a decade old and it's still fresh as fuck. Also, its fucking impact: I don't see artists trying to recreate Crazy in Love or The Fame Monster. Inaugurated into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, given a fantastic review by, of all institutions, the reigning voice of indie, Pitchfork (every stan should read it), its impact on electropop and making "every song a single" can be seen in The Fame (and TFM), Stars Dance, Bangerz, BEYONCE, Animal and Cannibal, & Teenage Dream: basically every major pop contribution since its release. Danja and Bloodshy & Avant (two-thirds of an amazing indie band, Miike Snow, that I think many of you would like!) work their magic and give Brit her most solid collection of songs [/micdrop]

Top 3 Britney Songs

18968-guest.png

6221017870_c91fa45cbb.jpg

3770738880_5803c0f552.jpg

1.- Get Naked (I Got a Plan) - the sexiest song ever recorded by Britney. it somehow manages to have a stable four by four beat and still sound insanely unstable, which is kinda how I like my girlfriends to be  :qtb:

2.- Dangerous - the best Britney unreleased song, it's the Nicole Morier song that should've ended up on Circus, not Mmm Papi tbh  :tea: I never get tired of its infectious energy and it should've been for a Bond movie!

3.- Hot As Ice: cuz it's my autobiographical anthem  :weedney:

Extra Extra This Just In: my fave ballad is actually DLMBTLTK because I'm awfully sentimental  :embarrassed:

Favorite Britney Tour

3533866357_9a48d44c4c-1.jpg

:Godney: THE ONYX HOTEL TOUR  :Godney: 

Needs no explanation  :walkonby: The concept is captivating, the name is perfect, and Boobney.

Favorite Britney performance

How does a mortal move like that? AND THE LIGHT DAT ASS ON FIYAH BREAKDOWN OH MY GOD WHERE'D THIS BONER COME FROM??

I Got That Boom Boom from the same ABC Special is a super close second place  :lips5:

Favorite Britney photoshoot

britneysentadapadrexc8.jpg

Ellen von Unwerth's Blackout booklet shoot. Provocative, and Britney is stunning

:fuck:

Awkward Interesting Britney moment:

As part of my church (  :gloria: ) here in TX, I was part of a date auction where I went down the runway to Slave 4 U and along with walkin down the runway, I also did the choreo to the first chorus and the handsy breakdown shirtless and I'm Hispanic so I know how to move my hips and it kinda sorta upset my church leaders a lot but I raised $200 for charity so take that  :bomt: 

worst britney song? -

Let's not fuck around here, we all could live without knowing This Kiss exists  :yaknow:

Favorite interview?

SO MANY MOMENTS I LIVE FOR THE AWKWARD LITTLE LAUGH AT THE BEGINNING AND "OH MY LORDY" AND THE LESBIAN FOLLOWING QUESTION I AM DYINGGGGGGGGGGG

Thoughts About 2007ney? -

While I never deify or put on a pedestal this period of her life, it is extremely iconic, she was an incredible badass, and she showed everyone that even in the worst of times, you can still rise above it all and be even more legendary and successful than you were before. tbh her rise afterwards inspired me to stop some bad habits of mine, to get my life in order, and now I am the happiest I've ever been in my life  :) 

If you can go back in time and redo a single video or something:

Release the original concept to Gimme More tbh  :yaknow: that would've totally changed the GP's perception of her and that time period

(britney related) what would you change?

You ask this like there's something that needs changing  :walkonby:

Justin? Kevin? Jason? or David?

Fuck em all, Britters is mine  :bj: tbh tho, I was really rooting for Davidney but he turned out to be a huge disappointment. Wasn't a fan of Artificial Jasonney, Justin's kinda a prick, and Kevin...  :icant:

• Like 2

Something About You?!

Fun fact kids: my user is ValetGirls because in Seattle, I was a part of an indie electro rock called Valet Girls, like a parody of Valley Girls cuz they, yknow, sound the same?  :goaway: not because I possess a vagina

anything interesting about you?

I'm a straight Britney fan  :o  :surprise:  :moorangu:  :xf2: we exist, the secret's out don't even just don't  :nonotatall:

hobbys?

I like indie/electronic music, I LOVE reading, mostly philosophy and religious texts from around the world, and I'm a huge movie buff  :) my fave movies are Requiem for a Dream and Donnie Darko, fave sci-fi film is Jurassic Park, and fave comedy is Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure  :likethat:

Something else about you (not britney related)

I've met Arnold Schwarzenegger

what you wanna do when you grow up?

be someone with a good personality

best britney outfit?

tie between these two:
e.jpg
001372a9ae270a99e99d03.jpg

worst britney outfit? -

a_3x-square.jpg

best britney makeup after circusney?

tumblr_muobpjdAiL1qd8zg3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nci8nkpqHd1sayewco1_500.png
2a4o39f.png

worst makeup?

britney-fans.jpg

favorite candid?
Perfect smile, iconic Pink Wigney, not glorifying 2007, just straightup stuntin dat her face is literally perfect in this (and a lil love for my semi-iconic avvie hollaaaaaaaaa  :lips5: ) :

britney-spears-pink-wig-1015-12.jpg

favorite Britney Gif?

:weedney:  :eyeney:  :oopsss:

how did u discover universe?

After the mass exodus from Exhale, I came here and I am so happy that I did  :) I've been wayyyy more active on here than I ever was on Exhell, because the community is amazing, the staff is fantastic, and our eternal HBIC is flawfree. How could I want more?

since when are you forum active

Since I joined in June  :eyeney:

• Like 2

Valet is one of my fav members

sense of humor, one of the few who gets me

as well as serious/poignant comments

that is my preferred style...to be funny, creative, light-hearted, and serious altogether

also, I like how he is a fan of music outside of corporate pop yet loves and respects Britney

oh and Requiem for a Dream and Bill and Ted's are among my fav movies too, so props to good taste

• Like 1

Valet is one of my fav members

sense of humor, one of the few who gets me

as well as serious/poignant comments

that is my preferred style...to be funny, creative, light-hearted, and serious altogether

also, I like how he is a fan of music outside of corporate pop yet loves and respects Britney

oh and Requiem for a Dream and Bill and Ted's are among my fav movies too, so props to good taste

:o:yestbh:

Bruh we keep it real round hurrrrr :likethat: you're one of my fave members on here!! We cool :lips5:

And tbh Britney is the best pop star. The only modern one with a legacy, she makes the best pop, has explored with her producers-cum-pseudonymous pop authors various musical genres, and remains humble about it all. I love that Brit's eras transcend year markers but are instantly recognizable to the ear. I've def been testing the waters in the indie community, which has an insatiable need to categorize music history by its influence and impact and they're ready to accept the showgirl turned ringleader Britney as Queen. The rest will follow shortly :walkonby:

And holla to diverse movie tastes :shankyou:

• Like 2

:o:yestbh:

Bruh we keep it real round hurrrrr :likethat: you're one of my fave members on here!! We cool :lips5:

And tbh Britney is the best pop star. The only modern one with a legacy, she makes the best pop, has explored with her producers-cum-pseudonymous pop authors various musical genres, and remains humble about it all. I love that Brit's eras transcend year markers but are instantly recognizable to the ear. I've def been testing the waters in the indie community, which has an insatiable need to categorize music history by its influence and impact and they're ready to accept the showgirl turned ringleader Britney as Queen. The rest will follow shortly :walkonby:

And holla to diverse movie tastes :shankyou:

indeed

cool muthafuckaz...jus can't help ourselves we're so damn beautiful

lol

and yes...Britney is a legend who happens to be a normal person, "one of us", girl next door. Kinda like the simplified analogy of Kurt Cobain's rise and connection w people was because he was the audience. He woulda blended right in w the audience and been at a punk rock show amongst his peers, regardless of the fame.

Most pop culture legends are propped up w myth and purposeful mystique that sets them apart from fans and thus like an object of worship. Britney is unique for an icon.  She was the opposite of kind of mystique because she just let her self out there, in a naive but honest way. And yet even though she is over-exposed and has a career w little privacy, she manages to claim her own mystery which is paradoxical but subtly shows her starpower

Britney's fanbase see's themselves as not too different from her. In fact you see how assured and entitled the Army can get...we often judge her like she is a peer. She is very relatable without the spectacle and hyperbole that you'd expect from a star of her level. In fact, we tend to underestimate the woman so much because we have her under a microscope and our view is too short-sighted. She is like in the crosshairs of fans, haters, and media alike...and we fail to recognize that her level of stardom has not been achieved by another star since her prime. Literally no other star since her has reached the fever pitch of her fame...she is an anomaly yet somehow so damn normal but also not.

The world has thrown so much shit at her, since she was a minor, and she so rarely fires back. Very few people especially celebrities are that kind of genuine nice. I woulda broke down 1000 times if I was in her position, I mean I know people whose lives have been ruined by one divorce and even though they have money and freedom now, they are miserable. Britney is a stronger woman than we see

anyways, I'll soapbox more later

cya

• Like 1