Future Of Album Sales?

BLACKOUT<3

I mean how in the fuck do albums sales drop by 80% in a decade.. I used to remember Britney Destinys Childs Xtina Backstreet Boys and NSYNC slaying the world with album sales.. 10 years later.. Gaga Katy Rihanna Beyonce and Miley cant even push like 300k.. the only reason why beyonce slayed coz her team did a suprise and no one illegally downloaded her album in the first week.. I honestly thought Born This Way was gonna beat Oops record but it didnt.. ha ha Whos the queen again? Thats right Britney bitch.. but i doubt taylor and adole will beat Britneys record  :bomt:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Depends on a lot of facts, Adele sold 30 million copies a couple of years ago, and that's huge. People won't stop buying albums imo. Although we are in between a market change, people are buying digital albums instead of physical, but we're in the transition of this, in the future everybody will buy digital albums and then the numbers of albums sales will rise again.

Depends on a lot of facts, Adele sold 30 million copies a couple of years ago, and that's huge. People won't stop buying albums imo. Although we are in between a market change, people are buying digital albums instead of physical, but we're in the transition of this, in the future everybody will buy digital albums and then the numbers of albums sales will rise again.

idk about you, but if iTunes doesn't include the booklet (like with My Everything), I'll ALWAYS stick with the physical releases. 

• Like 3

If you go back a few decades (like in the 70's) album sales were almost the same as they are today. The thing is, albums in most countries are overpriced people don't spend money as they used to. Also, digital retailers may sell the music at a lower price but they lack something tangible. For some people (like me) downloading an album never feels like holding the album on my hands.

Sales in CDs will dip but will surge again once Digitals (the generation after Millenials born after 2000) rediscover them and find they hipsterishly cool. Vinyl's growth over the past ten years has been meteoric because of this: Jack White's Lazaretto earlier this year sold more vinyls than JLo's entire first week debuts and almost matches Mariah's opening numbers.

Piracy and the advent of individual song purchase, as well as pop oversaturation, are also at play here tbh