Letters Of Truth (2004 - 2007)

EnjoyTheRide

It's been nearly ten years since Britney started these, and some kind soul on Tumblr has uploaded them all. If you don't know what they are:

An archive of letters and messages posted by Britney Spears to the 'Letter of Truth' section of her fan club from 2004-2007. Members paid $25 a month for these exclusive postings, which were eventually made public by Britney herself after media outlets started leaking them to be dissected.

http://britslettersoftruth.tumblr.com/

It's hard to think she was so open at one point. 

The things I’ve been doing for work lately have been so much fun, because it’s not like work to me anymore. I’ve been even more “hands on†in my management and the business side of things and I feel more in control than ever.

THE BIRTH OF THE ORIGINAL DOLL   :crying1: 

• Like 1

I found this one interesting, about Do Somethin' video shoot:

I just shot a cute video for “Do Something†that I co-directed. After doing about 20 videos, it gets kind of boring playing the same role, so I chose to work with a young, hungry, director Bille Woodruff. He had no ego whatsoever and the whole process was just so much fun. Oh, his dog was just adorable too.

As much fun as I had, I have to say I was a little disappointed that I still had to convince my record label that making this video was the right thing to do at this time. But, in the end, I think everything came out great. We shot the entire video in a record breaking 5 hours. I even came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself using Juicy Couture clothing.

Co-directing this video was like an experimental project for me. I feel like being behind the camera is sometimes more satisfying than being in front of it. Working on this video was my first taste into behind the scenes work which I am excited about doing more of in the near future. When a woman directs, I think it just alters the entire feel of the movie, production or play in such a positive way. Speaking of, I’ve been working on writing and hopefully eventually directing a musical which makes fun of the whole Hollywood scene, which is appropriately titled “Hollywoodâ€.

So Jive didn't want to release Do Somethin', and she was writing a musical...

I found this one interesting, about Do Somethin' video shoot:

I just shot a cute video for “Do Something†that I co-directed. After doing about 20 videos, it gets kind of boring playing the same role, so I chose to work with a young, hungry, director Bille Woodruff. He had no ego whatsoever and the whole process was just so much fun. Oh, his dog was just adorable too.

As much fun as I had, I have to say I was a little disappointed that I still had to convince my record label that making this video was the right thing to do at this time. But, in the end, I think everything came out great. We shot the entire video in a record breaking 5 hours. I even came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself using Juicy Couture clothing.

Co-directing this video was like an experimental project for me. I feel like being behind the camera is sometimes more satisfying than being in front of it. Working on this video was my first taste into behind the scenes work which I am excited about doing more of in the near future. When a woman directs, I think it just alters the entire feel of the movie, production or play in such a positive way. Speaking of, I’ve been working on writing and hopefully eventually directing a musical which makes fun of the whole Hollywood scene, which is appropriately titled “Hollywoodâ€.

So Jive didn't want to release Do Somethin', and she was writing a musical...

we knew for long she had to convince Jive to release it as a single,but the musical thing is new  :boring:

I just want the same things in life that you want…and that is to be happy. It is just so weird because everyone has their own perception of me and how they think I really am. It is so weird how stories are told. There is your side, my side, and the truth. Somebody has to figure it out. I guess we will never really understand or figure out life completely. That’s God’s job. I can’t wait to meet him…or her.

My favorite letter that she wrote and this perfectly sums up her perceptive even to this day.  That last sentence still gives me chills, especially considering how much of a roller coaster her life was in '07.  

I apologize to the pap for a stunt that was done 4 months ago regarding an umbrella. I was preparing my character for a role in a movie where the husband never plays his part so they switch places accidentally. I take all my roles very seriously and got a little carried away. Unfortunately I didn’t get the part.

:orangu: :orangu:

I'm glad she's opening up a bit now though. I'm not expecting these long, intimate letters again, but the recent ones are really nice to see. I do sense she paid A LOT of attention to the tabloids and it got to her, no matter how much she denied it. I do feel sad she was finding her independence musically and artistically then and it got cut short. I hope she finds that passion again.

I haven’t really thought a lot about work lately. What better time for a greatest hits album to come out? I can actually enjoy & reflect on my success at this point in my life. I may be disappointing some fans out there, but I don’t think I’ll do another tour for a couple of years. My priorities in life have changed. I am having fun again reading all the magazines that I enjoy (mainly because I am not on them). At this point and time, what I want is not my face on every cover, but someone else’s instead. I really want to help other people achieve their dreams and possibly even develop new artists. Everything is in the very beginning stages and it feels great to just think about different opportunities that I am interested in pursuing.

This honestly says so much about where she's at right now with her career.