Any Rock Fans Here? Metal, Punk, Pop Rock, Etc....

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

I like some classic rock and punk (Queen, GNR, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Ramones, Nirvana, early Offspring). Sometimes some indie grunge / garage rock like The Grates and Australian bands like Killing Hiedi, The Living End and Siverchair. But I mostly listen to industrial and electrorock like Nine Inch Nails, Gary Numan, Shiny Toy Guns and Marilyn Manson.

Yep. One minute I'm listening to growling and guitar solos and then the next I'm singing about soda pop. :cutelaugh:

Do y'all also find it so hard to make a playlist that everyone will enjoy? I always do playlists for parties but people complain because my music can be so polarizing.

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

I actually like some country, but not modern pop country

Johnny Cash is the man

Rock music in general is by far my favorite genre. I love every period of rock throughout music history, and including punk and metal and most of the subgenres

yea I like some country too

I said that cuz you said you play the guitar and you kinda have to like rock, but you could have been one of those people that played the guitar and only like country :moorangu:

Here, big fan! Fave bands Cradle of Filth and Slipknot <3

I know alot of Cradle of Filth (all their albums up to Nymphetamine, then I lost track of them). My fav COF albums are Cruelty and the Beast and Dusk and Her Embrace. I play guitar and know some of their stuff. 

Im not a big fan of Slipknot (they are good as a band, and they have some cool riffs, but it just isnt my thing)

• Like 1

yea I like some country too

I said that cuz you said you play the guitar and you kinda have to like rock, but you could have been one of those people that played the guitar and only like country :moorangu:

gotcha

I am more of an electric guitarist, but I like classical too. If a person plays guitar and only likes country, they are probably lying. I dont think it's possible tbh. I live in Atlanta, so if I heard someone say that then Id assume they were just trying to fit into a stereotype...like it's actually cool in some circles to "be a redneck" (even though most of them are middle class and live nowhere near the country...many people in the South actually try to be redneck like Duck Dynasty kinda bullshit)

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

gotcha

I am more of an electric guitarist, but I like classical too. If a person plays guitar and only likes country, they are probably lying. I dont think it's possible tbh. I live in Atlanta, so if I heard someone say that then Id assume they were just trying to fit into a stereotype...like it's actually cool in some circles to "be a redneck" (even though most of them are middle class and live nowhere near the country...many people in the South actually try to be redneck like Duck Dynasty kinda bullshit)

yea IA, if they only liked country it would be absurd :yes:

• Like 1

I like some classic rock and punk (Queen, GNR, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Ramones, Nirvana, early Offspring). Sometimes some indie grunge / garage rock like The Grates and Australian bands like Killing Hiedi, The Living End and Siverchair. But I mostly listen to industrial and electrorock like Nine Inch Nails, Gary Numan, Shiny Toy Guns and Marilyn Manson.

Do y'all also find it so hard to make a playlist that everyone will enjoy? I always do playlists for parties but people complain because my music can be so polarizing.

I love Black Sabbath, Ramones, and Nirvana...honestly some of my fav bands. I also include The Doors, Tool, Pantera, Type O Negative, Misfits, Danzig I consider some of my all time fav bands...but Im so deep into metal and rock that my list goes on forever from Megadeth, Metallica, to death & black metal, and a shitload of punk and hardcore bands.

also early Offspring was part of my growing up, so Im fond of that too

Also love NIN, and dig some Manson

I know of Tool, but not very well. I have yet to go to a rock/metal concert. Cannot wait until I finally do so.

Im sure you know Tool has the same lead singer as APC. In fact A Perfect Circle began as his side project. If you wanna get into Tool their most accessible album is Undertow. After that they really start to become experimental and strange, so it may take easing into. But all of their albums are phenomenal, and I think you should listen to them in order of how they came out. There's alot to their music. If ya ever need Tool advice, just hit me up...they are one of my favs and I know all their songs inside out

Rock concerts are actually the best concerts overall. The fans are the most dedicated, loyal, and love the music on a deeper level than most pop/hip hop fans generally do. It's why every year rock bands that maybe didnt even break the top 20, end up w the highest selling concerts.

Go to a rock concert, get wasted and have a blast. Ive easily been to 100 rock shows in my life of all different genres. If you go to a metal or punk show, stay away from the front unless you are touch and prepared for a mosh pit

Im sure you know Tool has the same lead singer as APC. In fact A Perfect Circle began as his side project. If you wanna get into Tool their most accessible album is Undertow. After that they really start to become experimental and strange, so it may take easing into. But all of their albums are phenomenal, and I think you should listen to them in order of how they came out. There's alot to their music. If ya ever need Tool advice, just hit me up...they are one of my favs and I know all their songs inside out

Rock concerts are actually the best concerts overall. The fans are the most dedicated, loyal, and love the music on a deeper level than most pop/hip hop fans generally do. It's why every year rock bands that maybe didnt even break the top 20, end up w the highest selling concerts.

Go to a rock concert, get wasted and have a blast. Ive easily been to 100 rock shows in my life of all different genres. If you go to a metal or punk show, stay away from the front unless you are touch and prepared for a mosh pit

Thanks for the info (I didn't know that they had the same lead singer because I'm a flop and change my favorite music genre every other month. So I tend to not get details on different bands/artists). But I'll definitely check their music out. And lol at getting wasted. I wish. I got about 2 years before I can do that, but I will surely go to some concerts (and stay towards the back).

And yes to the whole loyalty thing. It's much easier to hear someone like Britney on mainstream radio or see her on tv than any rock bands. It takes some dedication to keep up with it (at least for me). Based on videos I watch, the vibe at the concerts seems amazing.

Thanks for the info (I didn't know that they had the same lead singer because I'm a flop and change my favorite music genre every other month. So I tend to not get details on different bands/artists). But I'll definitely check their music out. And lol at getting wasted. I wish. I got about 2 years before I can do that, but I will surely go to some concerts (and stay towards the back).

And yes to the whole loyalty thing. It's much easier to hear someone like Britney on mainstream radio or see her on tv than any rock bands. It takes some dedication to keep up with it (at least for me). Based on videos I watch, the vibe at the concerts seems amazing.

naw you're cool...some rock fans are snobs about it, but Im not. Just like what you like

I dont really expect Britney fans to be experts on rock, but its cool when they are. Yeah, Maynard from Tool started A Perfect Circle. And you dont have to stay in the back, you can just stay to the side...mainly at metal/punk kinda shows...not really rock like FooFighters, Kiss, Radiohead, etc.

The crowds at the more aggressive shows tend to be 90% men, and you should be able to tell if a mosh pit will break out by the crowd and the band. Generally mainstream and legacy rock bands aren't gonna have that type of crowd. And the point of moshing isnt to hurt people, but if you feel you have that kind of energy to slam around and stagedive, crowdsurf and shit...then dont deny yourself.

Agreed, and if you get a good crowd then being in the mosh is the best experience. I just hate when people get really violent and ruin it for everyone. I'm glad I had an injury when I saw Black Sabbath and needed seating because the mosh was just full of people fighting and getting kicked out by security, even before had Sabbath started. I didn't really expect a crowd like that, and don't understand the point? Go nuts, but you don't have to sock someone in the face for no reason. Even Ozzy stopped at one point and told people to calm it. :pieceofwhat:

However I had the best time recently at the front barrier for the NIN + Queens of the Stone Age show. I expected a tamer crowd but it got nuts when QOTSA came on, however it was a good crowd and people were just enjoying themselves.

Indie tbh.

I like Arctic, Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend

^ Solid picks :likethat:

I'm all bout indie & neopsychedelic rock - Vampire Weekend, Kooks, Strokes, Foxygen, Local Natives, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Beach House, Olivia Tremor Control, of Montreal, Antlers, Phantogram, FIDLAR, Friendly Fires, Sigur Ros, Tame Impala, Wand come to mind. Nirvana's also a great sound, and the music arc of Bleach to NM to IU is artistically amazing. I also like some industrial (mostly NIN and How To Destroy Angels). Not really into much metal.

Then, of course, a lot of electronic/minimalist/trap acts. In all honesty, Britney's both the weirdest facet of my music taste and also not only one of the most compelling, but also one of the most appropriate. I LOVE music :)

Agreed, and if you get a good crowd then being in the mosh is the best experience. I just hate when people get really violent and ruin it for everyone. I'm glad I had an injury when I saw Black Sabbath and needed seating because the mosh was just full of people fighting and getting kicked out by security, even before had Sabbath started. I didn't really expect a crowd like that, and don't understand the point? Go nuts, but you don't have to sock someone in the face for no reason. Even Ozzy stopped at one point and told people to calm it. :pieceofwhat:

However I had the best time recently at the front barrier for the NIN + Queens of the Stone Age show. I expected a tamer crowd but it got nuts when QOTSA came on, however it was a good crowd and people were just enjoying themselves.

Rock on

I love the mosh pit, and the right crowd is perfect for crowdsurfing to a perfect rock song. I have never seen Ozzy/Sabbath, and I drove to Ohio to see Sabbath headline Ozzfest, but he didnt show up and Iron Maiden did an extended set, which was cool w me cuz they are one of my favs as well and they put on a badass show. They are the only band that could have covered that Ozzy slot. Black Label Society opened and I saw tons of great bands that day.

I'm all bout indie & neopsychedelic rock - Vampire Weekend, Kooks, Strokes, Foxygen, Local Natives, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Beach House, Olivia Tremor Control, of Montreal, Antlers, Phantogram, FIDLAR, Friendly Fires, Sigur Ros, Tame Impala, Wand come to mind. Nirvana's also a great sound, and the music arc of Bleach to NM to IU is artistically amazing. I also like some industrial (mostly NIN and How To Destroy Angels). Not really into much metal.

Then, of course, a lot of electronic/minimalist/trap acts. In all honesty, Britney's both the weirdest facet of my music taste and also not only one of the most compelling, but also one of the most appropriate. I LOVE music :)

I like your taste, but what metal/punk do you actually enjoy?

Also, I love your sig. Requiem is one of the most haunting movies I have ever seen. Aronofsky is responsible for some of my fav films like The Fountain, Pi, and Requiem especially...and Clint Mansell is perfect for scoring his films. I havent seen Noah yet

Do you play any instruments or write music? Im pretty sure we discussed this before but my memory is not working right now. 

Omg you've got a really good taste in indie

I also like the new wave/zoogate sounds

M83 is my favorite right now

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

Linkin Park, 5 Seconds to Mars, Avenged Sevenfold :)

YASSSS :omg: well idk who Avenged Sevenfold is, but still YASSS  :wahlykeomg:

YAS! 

Metal is my thing :tomh:

Iron Maiden,Pink Floyd,Led Zeppelin,Metallica,Rammstein,Dio,Black Sabatth,Helloween,Angra and many more  :crying1:

I also went to concerts of Avenged Sevenfold and Slayer tho I'm not a big fan :blackoutsmiley:  but it was awesome!

Mosh Pits gives me life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :gaspy:

I listen to all kinds of music

Pop, rock, hip hop, metal, goth, k-pop :yes:

But only the best of each genre ;)

I quite like evanescence :gloria:

After a long time without listening to them I got back to it

Going under is my jam

also,my heart is broken,everybody's fool,imaginary,haunted,MISSING :crying1:

"Fallen" is a masterpiece