Updated With Pg The Video Collection - All Of Britney's Videos - With Interesting Facts - Includes The Videos We Will Never See

Me Against The Music:

Madonna sings on this with Britney. People were first able to listen to this song at a football event in the US, were Britney premiered it alone, without Madonna's vocals. The song was going to be like that (without Madonna), but after the 2003 MTVVideo Music Awards, where Britney and Madonna kissed, Madonna was at the studio with Britney and she played her the song, and then Madonna agreed to put her vocals on it.

Madonna-Britney-VMA-Kiss-GIF4.gif

Several writers collaborated on this song, including the Atlanta song writing team of C. Tricky Stewart and Penelope Magnet, who came up with the song after spending a night out with Spears in New York City. In an interview with MTV, Magnet said of the song: "It's extremely aggressive. It immediately makes you feel like something's happening. So the whole concept is kind of like she was battling the track. Like she was hearing the music and trying to out-dance the track or out-beat the drum or out-pluck the guitar. It's as if she's in the club, losing herself in the music."

tumblr_lxbhukOPIR1qkh06wo1_500.gif

Spears and Madonna also got songwriting credits for this as well as Thabiso Nikhereanye, Terius Nash, and Gary O'Brien. Madonna believes that duets are gimmicky, so she generally refuses to do them, however this collaboration with Britney Spears was an exception to the rule. Prior to recording this the Material Girl had turned down twosomes with Bono and Frank Sinatra. Regarding the latter she said: "He was going to do his vocals and then send me the tape and I was going to do mine-it's too detached."

tumblr_m3g6os9Ovq1r3ty02o1_500.gif

In an interview with Real Talk NY, Terius 'The-Dream' Nash described what it was like working with Britney: "Unfortunately, I wasn't there when it happened, that was very early in my career. What happened was a friend of mine, Tricky Stewart, who actually did 'Umbrella' with me (and produced this album alongside me) was up there because he knew the system. Everybody had him up there to work with Britney because of his track record and they stumbled across one of the records I did. I was the new writer at the time, so I wasn't in New York at that time. But he called me and told me that she loves the record and that's how it went down."

Director Paul Hunter told MTV News in a 2009 interview about the video: "Madonna is an icon of an earlier generation, and then Britney of the newer generation. She was at her peak at that point. So it was a challenge to kind of bring both of the worlds together. I wanted it to be a bit of a cat-and-mouse sort of game and a little bit of a foreplay between Britney and Madonna and just sort of tease the audience." He added that the video was all about setting Spears and Madonna apart. "I try to play opposites, when you have Britney in dark and Madonna in white," he said. "And then we see them kind of dance around the bed... and you think they're gonna get on top of each other and do something crazy."

Spears told MTV News that the video was all about teasing people. "I never actually see Madonna or touch her; I just feel her presence there," she said. "[The song is] basically about just going to a club and letting yourself go and battling with whoever is around you and battling against the music as well. This is my first time doing collaboration, and it's with Miss Madonna herself."

tumblr_mhhmtlVC961rzgycro1_500.gif

‘’Britney's section of the club is populated with cool kids, flaunting pink and purple hair while taking whiffs from an oxygen tank, while Madonna's stakes claim to a territory filled with men in suits, smoking cigars." This scene was left out of the video and has never been released.

There was also a rumoured video concept to be directed by Guy Ritchie (Madonna's husband) in late September 2003 that surfaced online. Although Madonna's representative and Britney both denied that Guy Ritchie would direct the video, this was said to be one of the original planned concepts for the video before it was shot (however, this is unconfirmed). After People.com announced that Guy Ritchie would direct the video, an article on IMDB.com (a very reliable news site) stated: "Madonna has agreed to star as a kinky leather-clad dominatrix in Britney Spears new music video. The pop queen will also lend Britney her husband, Guy Ritchie, who will direct the promo for her new single "Me Against The Music," on which Madonna collaborated. In the video, the Material Girl will play a scary nightclub owner, with a string of luscious ladies on leashes, who lures innocent scantily-clad Britney into a private room filled with other beauties. The saucy video will echo Madonna's controversial MTV Video Music Awards performance, where she passionately kissed both Britney and Christina Aguilera. Madonna and Snatch helmer Guy last worked together on the flop film Swept Away."

tumblr_m86zg64qTi1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

In a press conference in Rome Britney attended recently, Britney declared that Guy Ritchie would not be directing the new video. When asked: "Is Guy Ritchie going to be directing the new video?", Britney responded, "No, that isn't true".

"Reports that Madonna’s husband Guy Ritchie will direct Britney Spears and his wife in an S&M-themed video for Spears’ new single ‘Me Against The Music’ have been overhyped. “Guy Ritchie is not directing,” Madonna’s rep Liz Rosenberg tells Star magazine. “It’s mostly a performance video. No dominatrix S&M stuff. Madonna did that years ago and you know she doesn’t repeat herself. Paul Hunter is directing and the details are changing constantly.”

tumblr_mfv0nt6nZ21qdcxoeo1_500.gif

Madonna also had problems with the video's director Paul Hunter and threatened to not appear in the video. The following is an excerpt from an interview with Dustin Robertson (who edited the video) - when asked about the video, he said: DR: Oh - my, what juicy questions… YIKES! Madonna threatened to take herself out of that video at one point! She did NOT get along with the director on that video, PAUL HUNTER, either. She had already worked with him on the GAP spot and had not had a good experience. I remember she called Paul to give him some specific notes on the video and I guess, from what Madonna told me right after, she asked him if he was writing down her comments and he said, “No, I’m DRIVING.” Madonna said, “FUCK YOU”, hung up and called me right away. That was the last video I ever cut with Paul Hunter as I sided with Madge instead of him on creative issues and the direction of Madonna’s performance in the clip. I WAS TRYING TO HELP, I SWEAR. I got it to a place where Madonna was happy. I think the art direction is horrible and the wardrobe is stupid… it should have been way more modern, hipper and edgier for both Britney and Madge. It was one of the weakest videos ever, that NEEDED to be strong but just wasn’t.

me-against-the-music.gif

tumblr_m3g5yw2Qjg1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The song was originally meant to be called In The Zone – however it changed when Madonna contributed to it.

MeAgainstTheMusic5.gif

• Like 1

The music video for "Me Against the Music" was filmed over three days in October 2003, at Silvercup Studios in Long Island City, New York.It was directed by Paul Hunter, who revealed that the concept was setting Spears and Madonna apart, hence Spears wore a black outfit whereas Madonna sported a white suit. Spears stated, "The video is more sensual than I’m used to [...] It was my first time doing a collaboration and I got Madonna. It’s really interesting to see the two different styles together." Kevin Tancharoen was the choreographer of the video. The vehicle used in the video, a Mazda RX-8, was autographed by Spears on the hood and auctioned off to benefit the Britney Spears Foundation.In 2009, Hunter talked to MTV News about the video, saying, "Madonna is an icon of an earlier generation, and then Britney of the newer generation. She was at her peak at that point [...] So it was a challenge to kind of bring both of the worlds together. I wanted it to be a bit of a cat-and-mouse sort of game and a little bit of a foreplay between Britney and Madonna and just sort of tease the audience."

britney-2.gif

The video starts with Britney parking the Mazda and going into a New York nightclub. She enters a wooden room populated with 'cool kids' flaunting pink and purple hair while taking whiffs from an oxygen tank. Madonna, who is in a room filled with men smoking cigars, observes her from television monitors throughout the club. She wears a white trouser suit and carries a cane, signifying a position of moneyed power. Her suit is also notably fitted, especially in the waistcoat, revealing Madonna’s body to be female and not masculine. Although the areas are separated by a wall, Spears and Madonna sense their presences through extrasensory perception and dance in synchronicity. Julie Andsager in Sex in consumer culture (2006) noted that the video hints at a same-sex relationship between the two.

tumblr_mv6e1tA9m51se3a0io4_500.gif

51307_184751024904211_184744291571551_44

This is followed with Spears performing a dance routine inside a blacklight paint graffiti room, and the two women dancing around a metal bedframe.Spears then begins chasing Madonna in a wooden-like maze, and the latter enters a room covered with fallen leaves and stands in a swing. Once Spears finds the room, Madonna is nowhere to be found.Throughout the video, Madonna gradually loses her symbolic power, paralleled by her disposing the cane and jacket, becoming less phallic and more noticeably female biologically and more feminine socially. Although it ultimately seems that Spears becomes the dominant figure, Madonna recovers her phallic power in the form of a cigar from an onlooking male.Spears appears in Madonna's room and throws her against the wall, and Madonna vanishes just as they are about to kiss. The video ends as Madonna's laugh is heard in the background.

MeAgainstTheMusic6.gif

The video premiered on television on Making the Video on October 21, 2003 at 23:00 EDT.Its online premiere was on Yahoo! Music. It was viewed more than 2 million times in its first five days.The video reached number one on the AOL Music Top Video chart in November 2003, with 3,356,007 million streams.[In January 2004, the video topped the same chart again with 1,198,920 million streams.Jocelyn Vena of MTV said, "It was the changing of the guard â€” or at least the meeting of two of the most influential pop divas of all time. [...] The superstars tantalize the audience (and each other) throughout the flirty video." Antonella Lazzeri of The Suncommented, "Just weeks after snogging at the MTV Video Music Awards they teamed up for another raunchy double act. [...] The video highlight comes with the pair embracing against a wall, only for Madonna [...] to vanish just as they are about to kiss."

Julie Andsager stated the 'fantasy-fulfillment' strategy of Spears continued with the Madonna kiss and the "Me Against the Music" video, but added that "she has, perhaps, taken her sexuality to its extreme—for network television, at least—at the age of 22".Laurenz Volkmann said that it showcases an entire range of different female roles between 'older' and 'younger' sign systems. Author Judith Ann Peraino commented, "In 1963, Judy Garland presented Barbra Streisand as her protégée as songstress and gay icon; in 2003, Madonna instated Spears as her protégée in same-sex erotica and icon of polymorphous sexuality."

britney.gif

matm_britney-3.gif

• Like 1

Lidrock discs are used to promote her ITZ album. Brave New girl and MATM features on some of them.

Sbarro_0001.jpg

Sbarro_0002.jpg

Both Madonna and Britney wear Kabbalah bracelets in the video.

Album: 

in_the_zone_b0000dd7lb.jpg

Video Icon: The Mazda

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsT-jZYBgf-SQB6Jqyv95wO784U682YFSx8vflUH56R5IAa8a4

Single Cover: 

BritneyMeAgainst.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/rklKHEmgCk8

Video: 

http://youtu.be/clwLKJ294u4

• Like 1

Toxic:

English songwriter Cathy Dennis wrote this in 2003 with Britney Spears in mind. Dennis was the female voice of the group D-Mob, who had a hit in 1990 with "C'mon And Get My Love." She had some other hits as a solo artist, including "Too Many Walls" and "Just Another Dream," before writing songs for other artists. She wrote Kylie Minogue's 2002 hit "Can't Get You Out Of My Head."The song was originally offered to Kylie Minogue, but she rejected it.

imASS2HUmJTLS.gif

The video was released around the same time Janet Jackson flashed her boob at the Super Bowl. The uproar over indecent material caused MTV to banish this, and a few other highly sexual videos to late night rotation. In the video, Spears is shown in a provocative pose wearing a flesh-colored body suit.

tumblr_md8megECKy1r3ty02o1_500.gif

This won a Grammy for Best Dance Recording. It was Spears' first Grammy. This was produced by the Swedish production duo Bloodshy & Advant (Christian Karlsson and Pontus Winnberg), and the pair received writing credit on the song as well. They also worked on Spears' 2007 track "Piece Of Me."

Brit.jpg

Spears' previous Top 10 hit was "Oops... I Did It Again" in 2000. While she did rack up some minor hits, her commercial success was fading a bit. This song, with its memorable high-pitched hook, brought her back to the Top 10 and gave her career a nice boost.

Britney-Toxic.gif

There have been some very interesting and unusual cover versions of this song. The French-Israeli folk-pop artist Yael Naim recorded it, as did the alternative group Local H. A Static Lullaby recorded a Punk version on their 2008 album Rattlesnake!.

e97d8684a8a0b7d6ee05016c410836d4.jpg

The singer-songwriter interview with Jayme Dee got a lot of attention with her acoustic cover that she posted on YouTube. Dee has covered many popular songs in this style which routinely get over 100,000 views, but she tells us that "Toxic" is the one she most connected with. Said Dee: "It's so different than the original version. I wanted to make the song a little more sultry and less obtrusive, so I pulled out my acoustic and went for a more bluesy vibe. It was fun!"

Spears told MTV News in 2003: "It's basically about a girl addicted to a guy. "I really like 'Toxic.' It's an upbeat song. It's really different, that's why I like it so much. This villain girl, she'll do anything to get what she wants. She goes through different obstacles."

tumblr_lx0ualOLLC1r3ty02o1_500.gif

For the video, Britney appears to be a flight attendant, but she's actually a secret agent in disguise. Director Joseph Kahn told MTV News "The plot is pretty nonsensical." It's just fun. [it's like] James Bond flicks and sex."

tumblr_ljlhnwa8Jb1qfc32ho1_500.gif

There is a rumour that the video costed near $1m to make – and is one of the most expensive of all time.

BritneyToxic2.gif

Wach Jewel was hand glued on and apparently took 9 hours to make.

Only the director and the visual effects guy were allowed on the set for the diamond scene.

britney-spears-Favim.com-371834.gif

• Like 1

The 2 girls touching each other in the music video was initially cut from the US for being too racy.tumblr_ly665czg921r3ty02o1_500.gif

The passenger on which Britney spills water on s played by Joseph Khan’s long term casting director and the ‘ugly’ guy is played by the casting directors assistant. Spears’ boyfriend is played by Martin Henderson, who is an actor in Khan’s directorial debut Torque.

Britney-Spears-Toxic-Pop-Poll-Guy.png

britney-spears-toxic-o.gif

The choreography was planned by Brian Freedman and Spears and each scene had a very strict structured routine.

Toxic.gif

There are many continuity errors in the video – the scene with the nerd guy – when Britney sings to him on the plane – he is sitting behind her and then standing in front of her in the later scene.. There are many errors in the music video that can be spotted – ask – ToxicGuy

thumb.gif

The original rumour was that Tim Burton was going to direct the video – and there was going to be a Circus theme to it – this rumour was proved false.

britney-toxic-5.gif

Jay-Z revealed during a Twitter Q&A that this is his favorite Britney song. "Jamming my G," he remarked. Britney responded by tweeting: "You learn something every day! Never knew @S_C_ was a fan of Toxic! That's Big Pimpin."

The music video for "Toxic" was filmed over three days in December 2003, on a sound-stage in Los Angeles, California. It was directed by Joseph Kahn, who previously worked with Spears on the music video for her 2000 single "Stronger". Spears first approached Kahn with a story sketch of a secret agent out for revenge against an ex-lover, to which Kahn created a treatment for. Her concept was almost fully formed and detailed, exemplifying the scene in which she drips water in the passenger's lap. Kahn said, "That's part of her brilliance [...] She totally understands that she's naughty and nice, that she's the girl-next-door gone bad who is constantly titillating you". Spears said she wanted to join themile high club and be a stewardess that kissed a man in the bathroom. Kahn suggested making him a fat man, so the "common man" would feel represented. Spears also told him about a scene in which she would be naked and covered in diamonds. Kahn stated he was "not sure what I was thinking about when she told me about that scene, maybe those intros to James Bond movies, but every video needs an iconic image to remember, and that's it".

The choreography was a collaboration between Brian Friedman and Spears, and every scene had a completely different strictly structured routine. After the treatment was finished, Kahn proceeded to cast his friends and acquaintances, as in most of his projects. The plane passenger in which Spears drips water was played by his long-time casting director, while the fat man in the bathroom was played by the casting director's assistant. Spears's boyfriend is played by Martin Henderson, who starred in Kahn's directorial debutTorque.

For the naked scenes, Spears made Kahn clear the set, leaving them alone to shoot the sequence. Spears also shot scenes in which she had to dance through a hallway of imaginary lasers in front of a green screen, something that Kahn deemed as "incredible to watch". The last few scenes of the video in which Spears murders her boyfriend, concerned Kahn, who thought they would be censored. He explained "the trick was to make it look pop at the same time" and told Henderson "'Would you like to be kissed by Britney Spears?'". According to Kahn, the hint of a smile that appears on Henderson's face before Spears pours the poison into his mouth was what managed to get the shot past censors. Although Spears was at first going to be involved in the editing process, she did not contact Kahn after the media scandal over her wedding in Las Vegas. "Toxic" is Spears's most expensive music video to date, at a cost of $1 million.The music video premiered exclusively on MTV's Making the Video on January 13, 2004. The following day, Spears appeared on TRL to premiere the it on regular rotation.The video was first released on the In the Zone DVD.An alternate karaoke version featuring the diamonds scene was released on the Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD.

The music video begins with an open shot of an airplane flying surrounded by many doves, referencing the works of Hong Kong directorJohn Woo. Spears appears with blond hair dressed as a flight attendant, receiving a phone call. After serving some of the passengers, she leads a bald overweight man to the bathroom and seduces him. She takes off the man's mask to reveal an attractive man (Matthew Felker) and steals a black pass from his pocket.Spears is then dropped into the back of a Ducati 999, driven by a shirtless male (Tyson Beckford) in a futuristic Paris, that was compared to the 1982 film Blade Runner.She wears a tight black catsuit and sports red hair, inspired by the character of Sydney Bristow from television series Alias.They pass a woman and lift up her dress, a homage to the iconic Marilyn Monroe scene in the 1955 film The Seven Year Itch. They also pass two women frolicking in a store window.

BritneySpills.gif

• Like 1

Throughout the video, there are scenes of Spears naked covered in diamonds. The look was compared to that of Kate Bush in the music video for her 1978 single, "The Man with the Child in His Eyes".Spears then enters Toxic Industries, and gains access to a vault from which she steals a vial of green poison. She accidentally triggers a laser trap when she leaves that she evades with elaborate dance moves, including a back handspring. This is followed by scenes of Spears wearing a black superheroine outfit and black hair. She scales a building and enters an apartment, where her unfaithful boyfriend (Henderson) is waiting. She kisses him just before pouring the poison into his mouth, killing him. Spears kisses him again and jumps out of the window. She lands back on the plane sporting her flight attendant outfit, and winks at the camera. The video closes with a shot of the airplane flying surrounded by doves like the beginning.

4113794583_fd414bd791_o.gif

Jennifer Vineyard of MTV compared the video to Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River", saying that "Where her real-life ex just stalked his cheating lover in his clip, [...] Spears takes a more lethal approach." On February 10, 2004, MTV announced that due to the Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show controversy in which Janet Jackson's breast was exposed on live television, "Toxic" along with other five music videos would be moved from daytime to late-night programming from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. A spokeswoman for MTV announced that "given the particular sensitivity in the culture right now, we're erring on the side of caution for the immediate future." The video was nominated at the 2004 MuchMusic Video Awards in the category of Best International Artist Video, but lost to Beyoncé's "Crazy in Love". It was also nominated for four VMAs at the 2004 awards in the categories of Best Female VideoBest Dance VideoBest Pop Video and Video of the Year, but lost all of them. Corey Moss of MTV said that Spears "remains the Susan Lucci of the VMAs." Visual effects supervisors Chris Watts and Bert Yukich won the category of Outstanding Visual Effects in a Music Video at the 3rd Annual Visual Effects Society Awards.

In September 2009, the music video for "Toxic" was voted by users of the music video website MUZU TV as the sexiest music video of all time.The video was also used on Life is Pornography, a 2005 video art by Jubal Brown. Amy Schriefer of NPR noted that in the video, Spears was no longer trying to break away from her 1990s teen pop image and style; she was comfortable and having fun, not trying to generate any type of calculated controversy.The anime music video for Spears's single "Break the Ice" (2008) was based on the secret agent character of "Toxic".The video for "Womanizer" (2008) was created by Spears as a sequel to "Toxic". The diamond encrusted look of Lady Gagain the music video for "LoveGame" (2009) was compared to that of "Toxic". In the 2010 Glee episode "Britney/Brittany", the character of Brittany Pierce danced in a diamond suit during a cover of "I'm a Slave 4 U".In a 2011 poll by Billboard, the song's music video was voted the second best music video of the 2000s, behind only Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" (2009). Jillian Mapes of Billboard wrote that Spears "proved that she comes in every flavor [...] But the one role that stays constant through the dance-heavy clip: Sultry maneater."

tumblr_n33gkpGQR51qdcxoeo1_500.gif

Many people mistake the girl in the shower for Britney – but it is not – it is the love affair of Britney’s love interest.

13.png

Video Icon: Toxic poison

tumblr_m04ujsvdz71r3ty02o1_500.gif

Album: 

Single Cover: 

toxic-single-cover.jpg

Video: 

http://youtu.be/LOZuxwVk7TU

• Like 1

Everytime:

Britney wrote this about her ex-boyfriend, Justin Timberlake. She said she wrote it at a hard time in her life. Some of the lyrics are a reply to Justin's "Cry Me A River"This was co-written by Britney Spears and her back-up singer Annette Artani.

Actor Stephen Dorf plays the man in the video. The clip was directed by David LaChapelle and portrayed Spears as a star hounded by photographers, which eventually kills herself by taking prescription drugs and drowning in a bathtub. "It was a little weird. [Director David LaChapelle] just told me to dis her and just kind of ignore her so I was just playing like a boyfriend in a fight," Dorff recalled to MTV News of his opening limo scene with Spears, in which the two were surrounded by paparazzi. "This is our take on paparazzo’s too. They put prosthetic noses on all of them, which is funny. You see how they all look kind of weird. You see all the noses."
britney.gif

When it came to the pivotal part of the clip where Dorff comes to a drowning Britney's aid, he told MTV News he was responsible for most of the scene. "That was my idea. I knew I had to save her in the bathtub, but it was my idea to go in with the shoes and the jeans and just kind of find her," he said. "First they had me change into my boxers. I was like, 'I don't think he has time. She's dying.' So I just go in."

everytime.gif

tumblr_lz2e3786JX1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Britney's original concept for the "Everytime" video was for her "to die in an overflowing bathtub with pills and booze strewn around, and get reincarnated as a baby" (quote from an issue of Rolling Stone). This was changed before the video was shot. The reason for this was stated to be because Britney didn't want to endorse suicide with the video.

tumblr_lv2qm084Ez1r4sfrto1_r1_500.gif

"Britney Spears is getting into that "Leaving Las Vegas" frame of mind. The singer is going to stage her suicide in her new video for "Everytime," as a way to respond to rumors and reports that she's teetering on the brink, seeking help, in therapy or otherwise disturbed. Call the clip Britney's funhouse mirror - it'll reflect her life, but distort it, too. Spears' follow-up to "Toxic" - her first #1 single since 2000's "Oops! ... I Did it Again" - will be shot in Los Angeles but set in Sin City, home of her quickie marriage. Though "Everytime" is a plea for forgiveness for inadvertently hurting a former lover, that aspect isn't addressed as much as the song's tone of regret and loss. Directed by David LaChapelle, the video will use "saturated, but low and naturalistic lighting" to give a cinematic feel, taking a cue from the 1995 Nicolas Cage film "Leaving Las Vegas." According to the clip's treatment, Spears arrives at the supposedly secret but paparazzi-swarmed back alley of an exclusive hotel, boyfriend in tow. Though it's common for the singer to be mobbed by the press, this time, people go to extremes, exaggerating the chaos as her bodyguards try to protect her and fights break out. The camera cuts back and forth from the action to find Spears in an extreme close-up, performing directly to the camera as the story unfolds around her. She and her date are shuttled into the hotel, having been roughed up a bit, and exchange a look expressing that what was supposed to be a vacation is no fun for either of them. They end up in the high-rollers suite, but it doesn't help calm them down. Spears tries to put her angry boyfriend at ease, pouring two glasses of wine from the gift basket, but he lashes out, smashing the bottle at her feet. Spears then gets quiet and walks away, heading to the bathroom, where the camera angles start to add a bit of mystery. A hand lays down a glass of red wine, water trickles around the cracks of tile, the bathtub overflows, and on the ledge stands a bottle of pills, the cap removed. Spears' head slips under water, and only then does her boyfriend, who had been watching television, start to notice. As he tries to revive her, the camera tracks a new Britney, alive and unharmed, walking past him, out of the room and out of the hotel. The paparazzi, still swarming at the back entrance, don't seem to register this Britney, and she disappears into the night. Ambiguity is all that remains - is Britney alive? Dead? A ghost? Did she kill herself off before the tabloids could? Did she kill herself so that she could be reborn? The final shot - which shouldn't be revealed here so as not to spoil the surprise - doesn't answer any of these questions, but should give fans plenty to talk about."

http://i.pinger.pl/pgr477/eeeb850700018ae25158cdea

"According to a treatment MTV News obtained for Spears' "Everytime" video, the singer was going to appear to have taken pills and drowned in a bathtub. Camera tricks and surprise plot developments were designed to keep the results somewhat mysterious (see "Britney Spears' Puzzling New Video Has Singer Drowning In Fame"). But Spears has decided against using those scenes - which she maintains were meant to depict accidental death, not suicide - and has revised the concept for the clip accordingly. "Britney Spears was uncomfortable with these treatments due to the potential for a fictional accidental occurrence to be misinterpreted as a suicide," read a statement released by her label on Friday (March 12). "Ms. Spears revised the treatment to ensure the video for 'Everytime' will not have a scene in it that could in any way be perceived as a reference to a suicide." The singer's label said it was not her intent to present suicide in any sort of positive light and that she hopes people who are considering suicide seek help. "[spears] does not endorse [suicide] as a solution to any individual and fully recognizes that people who go to this length need assistance and advice and should contact their local suicide prevention organization," the statement read." 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

A very minor possible unreleased scene: The part of the original concept about Britney taking wine from a gift basket and pouring a glass of it for herself and her boyfriend to calm him down might have been shot but cut from the final video - in the finished video Britney throws a glass of wine at the mirror while she is looking in it, and Stephen Dorff (the actor who played her boyfriend) also kicks a glass of wine off of a table. Britney is never shown actually pouring the wine (although a bottle and a few glasses of wine are shown on the table during the scene when Dorff kicks one of the glasses, but the wine is white and not red like in the original concept) and Britney is never shown taking the glass to the bathroom. There are also multiple unopened gift baskets shown in the hotel, so it's possible that the scene of Dorff throwing the bottle of wine at Britney's feet was also filmed but not used. Because of this, it's possible that there was more footage to the scene with the pouring of the wine, Britney trying to calm him down and more explanation to how the argument escalated that was cut out of the video. 

tumblr_lwtyxts5fA1r3ty02o1_500.gif

When this video was released, some parts of the world showed a version with an alternate ending. The ending showed Britney underwater in the bathtub (similar to the scene when she faints in the bathtub), except the video ends this way and she doesn't rise out of the water like the ending of the normal video. It's now extremely rare and hard to find.

tumblr_le4g3fJ1q91qf190vo1_500.gif

According to a source, Britney wanted to cancel the shoot for Everytime as it was not the concept that she wanted. Apparently – she was compliant on the first day of shoot, but for the second day she did not want to leave the hotel room. Finally she agreed – but wanted red bull and also for someone to call her doctor.

tumblr_mgihr18z4d1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

On March 9, 2004, the treatment of the music video for "Everytime" was released online. It portrayed Spears as a star hounded by photographers, who eventually kills herself by taking prescription drugs and drowning in a bathtub. The suicide scene was perceived to be Spears's response to the rumors that suggested she suffered from a mental disorder. After news of the concept broke, it was criticized by a number of organizations of the United Kingdom and the United States. Director of child protection charityKidscapeMichele Elliott, said, "This is absolutely outrageous, totally irresponsible, completely stupid. If even one child follows her lead she will surely be held responsible. What is she thinking of?". She also commented the release of the music video could cause an increase in suicide rates, comparing it to the death of actress Marilyn Monroe in August 1962.MTV News' "You Tell Us" also received numerous letters from upset viewers, who criticized Spears saying they perceived the ending was a glamorization of suicide. On March 12, 2004, Spears announced through Jive Records she had removed the concept, "due to the potential for a fictional accidental occurrence to be misinterpreted as a suicide". She also clarified it was not her intent to present suicide in any sort of positive light.

The video was directed by David LaChapelle and shot on March 13 and 14, 2004, in Los Angeles. The lighting was described as "saturated, but low and naturalistic" to give the video a cinematic feel, referencing the 1995 film Leaving Las Vegas. It premiered on TRL on April 12, 2004. Spears called the show and explained the video exploredreincarnation. She added, "It's more like a movie. It's different than anything I've ever done. It's dark, and it shows me in a different light. Of course, I'm going to go back and do dance videos, but I wanted to be inspired and challenged." An alternate version of the video which features Spears singing in the white hallway scenes was released on the 2004 DVD Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.

tumblr_lu4en9JGyn1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

The video begins with an aerial shot of Las Vegas, Nevada, showing the Palms Casino Resort and continues with a shot of a marquee hotel that reads "Britney Spears Live From Miami The Onyx Hotel Tour Las Vegas", with a picture of Spears holding a leather strap and referencing her Showtime concert special from Miami. Christian author Eva Marie Everson compared the image to "Madonna doing her own impersonation of Marilyn Monroe."Spears and her boyfriend (played by Stephen Dorff) are arriving to the hotel inside a limousine. They sit apart from each other, staring out separate windows.Spears wears a Birmingham Barons cap in these scenes. The boyfriend is talking on his cell phone, and when she attempts to touch him, he pushes her away. The entrance is full of fans and paparazzi taking pictures.When they leave the car, fans and paparazzi alike act in an extreme way and fights break in the crowd. While her bodyguards try to protect her, her boyfriend throws magazines at the paparazzi.Stephanie Zacharek of The New York Times compared the shots of the paparazzi with the Jews in the 2004 film The Passion of the Christ. During this scene, she gets hit in the head with a camera, and unknowingly gets a wound on her head, but keeps walking.

0.jpg

• Like 1

Inside their hotel room, Spears and her boyfriend begin to scream at each other. He throws a vase into the wall while Spears goes into the bathroom and smashing her mirror. She begins filling the bathtub and removing her clothes. After this, the video includes intercut scenes of a close-up of Spears singing in a white shirt in front of a bright white light.As she lies in the bathtub, a red string, a custom associated with Kabbalah is seen in her wrist. She touches her head and looks at her hand, realizing she is bleeding from the wound. According to Jennifer Vineyard of MTV, the blood in her hand is stigmata.She loses consciousness in the bathtub and starts to drown. Shortly after, her boyfriend finds her and tries to resuscitate her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that in the close-up scenes Spears is actually inside a hospital hallway. The video continues with scenes of her being carried into an ambulance and surrounded by photographers, as well as scenes of her being resuscitated by doctors in a hospital bed.The ghost of Spears in a white shirt, watches herself in the bed and walks into the next room, where a baby girl is born. Spears is then seen running away from the camera into the light. The music video ends with her rising from under the water, resting her head and smiling, suggesting the whole scene of her death was a dream or a morbid fantasy.

Eva Marie Everson wrote that the music video showed the reality "behind the glitz and the glamour. Dominic Fox commented, "Even in its bowdlerised form, the 'Everytime' video presents a moment of existential indecision, a fugue of suicidal ideation in which the singer fantasises about her own death".While reviewing the music video for her 2009 single "If U Seek Amy", James Montgomery of MTV called "Everytime" "underrated". Rolling Stone in their 2009 article "Britney Spears: The Complete Video Guide", called it "horribly prophetic and depressing" and added that the clip foreshadowed Spears's struggles with fame and mental instability during 2007 and 2008.

everytime-britney-spears-o.gif

"Everytime" was covered by Glen Hansard of Irish band The Frames. It was recorded during a live show at Today FM and released in the 2004 covers compilation, Even Better than the Real Thing Vol. 2. It was also covered in Mandarin by Taiwanese girl group S.H.E and released on their studio album Encore (2004). Their version was retitled "Bié Shuō Duìbùqǐ" (別說對不起 "Don't Say Sorry"). American pop rock singer Sally Maer also covered "Everytime" to release it on her studio album Bed of Roses (2008)."Everytime" was used during the 2009 Irish production of the 1986 playThe SeagullJackie Evancho covered the song for her debut album Prelude to a Dream (2009). On August 19, 2010, her version debuted at number three on Billboard's Classical Digital Songs chart. British singer Cher Lloyd covered the song live on The X Factor in the United Kingdom in 2010. On July 27, 2012, Kelly Clarkson covered the song during the Las Vegas stop of her summer tour, as an audience request. Clarkson had a harpist accompany her during the performance, and told the audience, "This song is one of my favourite songs. [...] I actually prefer [spears's] version better, because it just sounds really sad, but I'm going to try and do it." Spears approved of Clarkson's cover via her Twitter account, calling it "beautiful". "Everytime" was also covered on the American series Glee episode "Britney 2.0" by the character Marley Rose (played by Melissa Benoist). Jerome Wetzel from Blogcritics found Benoist's covers in the episode "boring".

"Everytime" was also used on the 2013 American film Spring Breakers, directed by Harmony Korine. The scene begins with the characters of Candy (Vanessa Hudgens), Brittany (Ashley Benson) and Cotty (Rachel Korine) standing in the backyard of the character of Alien (James Franco), who sits on a white grand piano. The girls are wearing My Little Pony ski masks, sparkly pink tiger bathing suits, sweatpants with "DTF" on the rear and shotguns in their hands. They ask Alien to "Play us something sweet. Something uplifting, Something fucking inspiring," to which he responds "One of the greatest singers of all time, and an angel if there ever was one on this earth", before starting to sing "Everytime". As the song transitions from Alien's vocals to Spears's original version we are shown a montage of the girls and Alien robbing other spring breakers at gunpoint.Harmony Korine said about the song,

tumblr_miuazwvWPL1rz4sfeo1_500.gif

"I like her music! I think it’s like perfect pop music. That song 'Everytime' â€” I was always taken by that song. It has this real kind of beauty and airlessness and this haunting kind of morose lullaby effect and underneath it there’s some type of hardcore aggression and menace that was really connected to the film in the way that the film deals with the culture of surfaces, this candy-coated neon haze reality. Underneath it, there’s this subtext and feeling of this kind of darkness. It was a connection I felt."

tumblr_lxm3k2Ag7w1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

You can also read more about Everytime here: http://britney-galaxy.com/britney-did-not-want-to-finish-her-everytime-music-video/

tumblr_lrlibiPjYS1qiluwl.jpg

Britney%20Spears%20-%20Everytime.jpg

Video Icon: The reincarnated baby Britney

tvzrtgyypuokbig.jpg

Album: 

Single Cover: 

BritneyEverytime.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/83QLBHvxnTY

Video:

http://youtu.be/8YzabSdk7ZA

• Like 1

Outrageous:

Although this video (which was directed by Dave Meyers in early June 2004) was never finished due to Britney's knee injury (a clip of it appears on the "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" DVD), there was a change made to the concept before parts of it were shot: "The pop princess is about to film a video for her new single, Outrageous, which will be used as part of the soundtrack for Berry's new film Catwoman. Video director Dave Mayers wanted Britney to don a replica Catwoman outfit but the star was having none of it."

Vintage+Halloween+GIFs+(5).gif

tumblr_lkl6jgafmb1qctu8zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mefdaqD5Oo1qzznnqo1_1280.jpg

200613_1236619203415_full.jpg

The video was cancelled due to a knee injury which would prohibit Britney from dancing and completing the video: "ET has learned that BRITNEY SPEARS was rushed to the hospital and underwent arthroscopic surgery after injuring her knee while filming her latest music video, "Outrageous," the official song from the 'Catwoman' movie. According to a Jive Records spokesperson, Britney had just completed a dance routine with SNOOP DOGG under the L train line on Roosevelt Avenue in Queens, N.Y., when her knee gave out and she went crashing to the ground. After reportedly telling those around her she couldn't get up, her bodyguard carried her to a waiting car. Britney's spokesperson confirmed that Britney was hurt, saying the surgery was needed after an MRI showed she had "floating cartilage." Britney is in the middle of a concert tour and it's unclear how the injury will affect her ability to perform on the road."  (Originally from et.tv.yahoo.com) / June 9, 2004] .... "Similar injuries have long plagued Spears, who had to postpone her "Sometimes" video shoot after twisting her knee back in 1999. In March of this year, she was forced to cancel two concerts because of her knee." [June 10, 2004 ]. It should also be noted that Britney injured her knee during the Onyx Hotel Tour and had to reschedule one show in March 2004 due to the injury - her knee, which was already damaged from an injury years before, most likely did not completely heal from this injury at the time (which is why she needed time off to heal her knee when it was injured again in June 2004, which caused the remaining video shoot to be cancelled).

britney_accident.jpg

tumblr_m7c6kqgUUR1rtm43jo3_500.jpg

XRAY_Outrageous_BTS_2818629.jpg

6188621_BritneySpearsOutrageous05.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8iF42OP9IfrcKRrNai3umrCNDkyoCDqkaOL7bNZC4ClXXOqmI

• Like 1

In an interview with a Britney fan site (Worldofbritney), Britney's manager Larry Rudolph stated on June 22, 2004 that he was "working on something" for the video to be released with the scenes that were shot before Britney's knee injury on the video set . During another interview a month later, he said "Britney shot very little useable footage (only one scene) before her knee injury. There was no way of editing that footage to make a video. This is completely out of our hands." [July 27, 2004] The video was to include at least three scenes - Britney doing choreography in a black trench coat, Britney on a basketball court with rapper Snoop Dogg, and Britney dancing on a wet street at night (part of these scenes can all be seen on the clip of the video that's on the "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" DVD). There was also a rumour that 'Catwoman' would appear in the ending of the video due to the song being planned for use on the "Catwoman" movie's soundtrack at the time (this is unconfirmed). E! News apparently said: "Britney Spears did not want to do this music video. She was just coming from Europe; she was very tired. But she had a contractual obligation because it's for the movie, 'Catwoman.' The video, the whole plot of it was Britney Spears was being mugged in New York and Catwoman comes to the rescue."

Britney-Spears-Licks-Snoop-Dogg.gif

The music video was originally planned to be premiered on MTV on June 28, 2004

There was also a long running rumour that the knee injury was faked by Britney to get out of filming and the remainder of her tour to focus on her marriage to Kevin Federline. Apparently the surgery was already prebooked.

XRAY_Outrageous_BTS_2818429.jpg

Britney wears a cap in the video – directed at the Paparazzi – F.I.B.S – Frequently Incorrect and Biased Statements

tumblr_lk6pwnEphP1qdi0z1o1_500.png

There was also rumours that a Breath On Me video was filmed before this and scrapped – this was never commented on or confirmed.

britneyoutrageous.gif

britney.gif

A few fans asked Dave Myers about the video – and to see if there was enough footage, and a few strange things came out of this. 1 – the TV scene was never filmed (the one with the trench coat and the underwear) 2 – Snoop Dogg never recorded for Outrageous – he was just there for the cool factor and 3 – The video did not have enough footage for any type of completed video. Find the Goss here:

http://britney-galaxy.com/exclusive-details-about-outrageous-mv/

o-BRITNEY-SPEARS-SNOOP-DOGG-570.jpg?5

tumblr_m9apoojhVm1qap22e.jpg

Britney+Spears+Outrageous2.jpg

an-old-photo-of-snoop-dogg-and-britney-s

Here is a rare rehearsal:

http://youtu.be/yX5lABaAutw

• Like 1

What Wiki has to say: The music video for "Outrageous" was directed by Dave Meyers, who previously worked in the music videos for "Lucky" and "Boys", as well as the Curious commercials. It was shot in outdoors locations in Queens and ManhattanNew York City on June 8, 2004. The music video was set to premiere on MTV on June 28, 2004.After completion of the scenes with guest star Snoop Dogg, Spears was shooting dance scenes in Manhattan when around 11:30 p.m., she fell and injured her left knee.She was taken immediately to a local hospital, where doctors performed an MRI scan and found floating cartilage. The following day, Spears underwent arthroscopic surgery. Spears was forced to remain six weeks with a thigh brace, followed by eight to twelve weeks of rehabilitation, which caused the rest of the shoot as well as the remainder of The Onyx Hotel Tour to be canceled. "Outrageous" was also scrapped as the theme song from Catwoman. A 45 second music video composed of the scenes that were shot was released in the 2004 DVD Greatest Hits: My Prerogative. The video begins with Snoop Dogg and a group of men playing basketball in an outdoors court, until Spears appears wearing blue baggy shorts. he starts to flirt with him, before jumping into his arms and licking his beard. In the next scene, she performs with her dancers on a street at night.

Spears has performed the song only once, on her 2004 The Onyx Hotel Tour. It was the last song of the fifth act of the show, titled "Security Cameras". She performed "Breathe on Me" wearing pink lingerie while emulating different sexual practices with her dancers. After it ended, she put on a white trench coat while her dancers wore them in black and performed "Outrageous". The act ended with a skit that segued into the finale performance of "(I Got That) Boom Boom".

Video icon: Britney TV

normal_XRAY_Outrageous_set3_281129.jpg

Album:

Single Cover:

BritneyOutrageous.jpg

Video:

http://youtu.be/sWBKCzzNEeo

• Like 1

(I’ve just begun) Having my fun:

A video for IJBHMF was due to be filmed – however Britney’s team rejected the possibility. It was still released as a promotional single.

"(I've Just Begun) Having My Fun" was originally recorded for Spears's fourth studio album, In the Zone (2003).The song was written by Spears, Michelle Bell, Christian Karlsson, Pontus Winnberg, Henrik Jonback, and was produced by Bloodshy & Avant.The song was first included as a bonus track in the European version of the In the Zone DVD. In the United States, the track was afree download in the Wal-Mart edition of In the Zone, due to an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart and Sony Connect.When the deal ended in mid-2004, Jive Records released the song on the iTunes Store and Rhapsody on August 17, 2004. "(I've Just Begun) Having My Fun" peaked at number seven on the iTunes chart while it was speculated to be in the tracklist of Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.The song was featured on the soundtrack of the 2011 film Bridesmaids.

Screen-shot-2011-05-16-at-11.02.45-AM.jp

Video Icon: The Iconic Bridesmaids

bridesmaids-movie-quotes-71_large.gif

Album:

Bridesmaids.jpg

Greatest_Hits_My_Prerogative.png

Single Cover: 

mzi.dfejupft.600x600-75.jpg

Video:

http://youtu.be/0Id8syktMuA

http://youtu.be/BVZnm4g8UHU

My Prerogative:

"My Prerogative" is a song by American recording artist Bobby Brown from his second solo studio album, Don't Be Cruel. – Whitney Houston’s ex – for those of you who do not know.

tumblr_ms9q9zlE6H1sw0z8no1_500.gif

Fallen R+B star BOBBY BROWN has poked fun at BRITNEY SPEARS' rendition of his classic MY PREROGATIVE because it's nowhere near as good as the original.

tumblr_lwhki6aKjd1qfxq87o1_500.gif

Brown gave the pop star permission to cover his 1989 hit because he felt sure it would be a money-making opportunity, but he hates Britney's cover.

He says, "I love the video. I'm not impressed with the music. It's not mine... `Call me Britney, we'll get together and I'll show you how to really do it. Don't do that again.'

"That is my anthem and I wouldn't mess with TOXIC or anything like that, but I love Britney."

tumblr_m8810wZlQc1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_m0st4gk6yY1r0ox88o1_500.gif

tumblr_lsrkt9HV0V1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The house in the video is the same house used in Halloween H20 and Scream 3.

ScreenShot6163_thumb.jpg

ScreenShot6168_thumb.jpg

Canfield-Moreno-estate-24-of-27_thumb.jp

ScreenShot6167_thumb.jpg

tumblr_mozs30DZ8m1sx6krro1_500.gif

Britney’s brother Brian and his wife make an appearance in the video.

The music video for "My Prerogative" was filmed in August 2004 at The Paramour Mansion in Silver Lake, Los Angeles and was directed by Jake Nava.According to Spears's mother Lynne, the video was "about capturing gorgeous close-ups and very subtle movement" since Spears could not do any choreography due to her knee injury at the "Outrageous" music video shoot. She also described the video as "[having] an element of old Hollywood glamour and mystery". The music video begins with Spears driving a Porsche 928 at high speed in the Hollywood Hills. She crashes through a fence and lands into a pool inside a manor where a party is taking place. She emerges from the water and crawls in top of the car to sing the first verse.Spears's brother Bryan makes a cameo in these scenes.After she leaves the pool, she enters the manor and passes couples making out around her. She appears in a stainless steel kitchen, where a maid cuts the straps of her black wet dress. In the next scene, she walks into a study in which her husband at the time, Kevin Federline, is smoking and watching a black-and-white video of Spears on a projection screen. According to Jennifer Vineyard from MTV, the clip had the style of pornographic films from the 1940s and 1950s. Rolling Stone in their article "Britney Spears: The Complete Video Guide", compared it to Madonna's performances of her 1984 single "Like a Virgin".She then entered a dressing room with mirrors, wearing lingerie, high heels, stockings and a short fur jacket. She proceeds to a bedroom, in which a black dress is laid out on the comforter. She puts on the new dress and the camera cuts to the party outside where people gathered waiting.During the song's bridge, it is revealed that the party is actually Spears's wedding, as she starts walking towards the aisle and Federline waits next to a priest. The video ends with a shot of the black-and-white video and Spears looking into the camera.The black-and-white footage was released as an alternate version of the music video in the 2004 DVD Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.

• Like 1

britney-spears-fiore-bisso-my-prerogativ

tumblr_mdi0nyPETs1qihp55o1_500.gif

There were claims that the guy in the video was not Kevin – but an impersonator as he could not make it… but let’s be real – that is a fake story..

my_prerogative_federline.jpg

tumblr_n8y5k8SJe01qzznnqo1_500.jpg

b5r8jm.jpg

1377850543_file13742634051.jpg

Video Icon: A Porsche in a pool

ScreenShot6163_thumb.jpg

Album:

Single Cover:

My%2BPrerogative%2BFrance_0001.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/gD4lVFrtb44

Video: 

http://youtu.be/dIOH8Trfas4

• Like 1

Chris Cox Megamix:

mqdefault.jpg

Taiwanese Audio-VCD of the "Chris Cox Megamix", which was released as a single in order to promote Britney's 2004 greatest hits album, "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative". CD features the full version of the megamix, together with its music video. The CD comes in a special 8'' card-sleeve and includes a 2005's calendar as a bonus.

Britney_Spears_Videos_by_toxicsquall.jpg

Cox_pic_Twitter_Profile_2012_zpsac26f7ba

Video Icon: Britney obviously…

Britney-Spears-My-Prerogative-+%25285%25

britney-spears-queen-pop-got-sin.gif

Album:

Single Cover:

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

britney_spears_chris_cox_megamix_300x300

Video Comparison: