Updated With Pg The Video Collection - All Of Britney's Videos - With Interesting Facts - Includes The Videos We Will Never See

Oops!... I did it again

Spears took on a racier image when she released this. The video played up her sexuality, and the line "I'm not that innocent" made people question her claim that she was a virgin.

oops-again--large-msg-132957724497.jpg?p

oops-again--large-msg-132957725624.jpg

An accompanying music video for "Oops!... I Did It Again" was directed by Nigel Dick and was filmed on March 17–18, 2000 in Universal City, California. During its production, Spears was struck in the head by a falling camera and began bleeding. Spears' mother Lynnesuggested that she might have suffered from a concussion, though she received four stitches and continued work after resting for four hours.Spears created the concept for the clip, commenting that "[she wanted] to be on Mars, dancing on Mars" and "[wanted] to be in a red jumpsuit".The final product premiered on April 10, 2000, on an episode of MTV's Making the Video.

The music video begins with a brief scene of an astronaut on Mars uncovering a stone slate featuring the cover of the album Oops!... I Did It Again. A scientist back on Earth sees it through a video transmitter and says, "Cute. What is it?" As the astronaut replies, "Oh, it's cute alright. It couldn't be...", the ground begins to shake and Spears appears on a stage dressed in a red-latex catsuit as the track begins to play. As she continues to sing and dance, she suspends the astronaut mid-air above her. Interspersed throughout the video are scenes of Spears wearing a short white top and skirt, lying barefoot on a white web pad with dancers on the ground around her. During its bridge, Spears does a flip in the air to where the astronaut is and appears in a white jacket, short black leather skirt, and leather boots. As a symbol of his love for her, the astronaut gifts Spears with the Heart of the Ocean, the blue diamond from the blockbuster film Titanic (1997). She questions that she "thought the old lady [Rose] dropped it into the ocean in the end", to which he responds, "Well, baby, I went down and got it for you". Spears comments "Oh, you shouldn't have" and walks away, the astronaut shrugs and leaves. The video concludes as Spears and her performers continue to dance.

At the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards, the music video for "Oops!... I Did It Again" was nominated for the Best Female Video, Best Dance Video, the Best Pop Video, and the Viewer's Choice.However, she lost in each of the four categories.

tumblr_ls4se7b2du1r3ty02o1_500.gif

A record 155 radio stations added this to their playlists the first week it was released. This reflects the hype surrounding the single.

britneyoops.gif

A radio station in Scranton, Pennsylvania did a parody of this called "Oops... They Deflated Again," which made fun of the rumors that Spears got breast implants.

During the wardrobe selection, Britney had the option of a red or a black cat suit. Britney instead opted for a more risky outfit which her team disapproved of – so she settled for the red cat suit.

Contracry to the above quote, It was also mentioned that the video, which featured Spears in a red-latex catsuit, was directed by Nigel Dick who helmed several of Britney's early promos including the one for "…Baby One More Time." He recalled that the pitch Spears gave him had one particular specification. "'I want to be in a red jumpsuit. I want to have a really cute spaceman, but there can't be any rockets,'" Dick said. "There was another catsuit, actually, which was fantastic, which I loved, and the night before, I was told that Britney hired this guy that worked with Michael Jackson, and so we're going to use that catsuit. So that's the catsuit."

giphy.gif

Some ridiculous articles tried to relate this to the band that Britney left to persue a solo career one said: The line in Oops!… I Did It Again, I’m not that innocent, may not be a jab toward her former girl group Innocense. She was apart of the group during their inception around 1997. When Spears decided to take the solo route, she was replaced by Veronica Finn. However, Innocense became the opening act for Spears when she began touring. The line in the song may just her trying to distance herself since at this point she was taking on more of an adult role.

Britney-Spears-Innosense-300x210.jpg

During the white 2 piece scene on the floor – the camera fell on Britney’s head, Britney’s head bled from the incident. Apparently – this also inspired the Everytime scene – where the cameraman hits Britney and she bleeds in the bathtub. This rumour was never confirmed.

Spears needed 4 stitches in her head after she was injured during the video shoot. It happened in a scene where she was lying on the floor and a camera that was trying to get an overhead shot fell on her. Oops. She finished the shoot after getting stitched up.

tumblr_mtpyuqpb2N1qd8zg3o1_500.gif

• Like 1

When Britney sings, ‘I cry watching the days’ in white - the dancer at the top messes up the dance routine.

tumblr_ls4evntKmk1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

There is a break of dialogue in the song where Britney receives a necklace and says: "But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end?" According to songwriter Max Martin, this is a little inside joke about the box office smash movieTitanic.

rs_500x275-131217144026-tumblr_md8l0aRNB

The man talking in the song "Oops!...I Did It Again" is Max Martin.

tumblr_mvv2meX0tH1rxy2x0o1_500.png

Because Britney felt she looked very flat – they sewed in pads to the red cat suit outfit.

39189-Britney-Spears-burn-gif-moM6.gif

Spears performed this and her cover of the Rolling Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" as a 2-song medley in a nearly nude bra and matching pants at the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards which shocked audiences and introduced a new image of Britney. Parents and media questioned Spears' breakout striptease to which she replied: "I just wanted to look really sparkly and fun. I'm not the kids' parents I can't tell them what to do I just go up and do my own thing."

tumblr_m38z12tUHO1rs9sdjo1_250.gif

In the 2002 movie Austin Powers: Goldmember, Austin blows up Britney and says, "Oops, I did it again."tumblr_lk2qeypZyd1qdthxwo1_500.gif

Ever wonder what happened to the Astronaut guy? Well then Buzzfeed has your back:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/azafar/whatever-happened-to-britneys-hot-astronaut#49o9d3

"Oops!...I Did Again" single is the cd with the most editions, between promotional and official, in Britney’s whole discography.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_nyf-9QrOGqx-LD7dNMu

Video Icon: Titanic necklace

tumblr_lywubuemv51r6f12do2_250.gif

Album:

Britney_Spears_-_Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again

Single cover: 

Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again.png

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/rqS6FN49jNM

Video:

http://youtu.be/CduA0TULnow

• Like 1

Lucky:

This song describes an aptly-named character Lucky. Lucky is a very lucky person who has become very famous and has gotten everything that she has ever wanted in her entire life. However, Lucky is still sad inside but does not know why, as described by the lyrics, "She's so lucky, she's a star, but she cry, cry, cry from her lonely hear thinking, 'If there's nothing missing in my life then, why do these tears come at night?'" Considering Spear's later mishaps, this song can in some ways be considered a cry for help.

britney-britney-spears-britoca-fame-famo

tumblr_lxpvlhJE7A1qki338o2_250.gif

This was written by the Swedish producers Max Martin, Rami Yacoub, and Alexander Kronlund. Martin in particular is responsible for many of Britney's hits, providing big, memorable choruses.

glitt.gif

The song reached #1 in several countries including Austria, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland and the Philippines.

tumblr_muylwuh1o21sutnv4o1_500.gif

Lucky was shot in 2 days – as Britney needed to rush back to Louisiana for Jaimie Lynn’s recital.

rs_500x250-131202140119-tumblr_mwn2tscGM

According to the liner notes on the album, Stefan Kendal Gordy and Skyler Austen Gordy are credited for background vocals on Lucky. They are better known as Redfoo and Sky Blu or LMFAO.

Music-QA-LMFAO-1-300x191.jpg

Jive Records commissioned a music video for "Lucky" to be directed by Dave Meyers. According to Jocelyn Vena of MTV, Spears portrays "a melancholy movie star who wants nothing more than to have a little fun".

The video begins with Spears telling a story about very famous Hollywood actress named Lucky. Lucky is seen wearing a pink nightgown behind the curtains, standing on her billboard with fluffy white cotton balls attached to the edges, inside her mansion and shots of her out on the balcony. As beautiful and rich as she is, on set she sits on the star-shape in the sky, as she is acting, she is looking quite distressed. After the first chorus, she goes to the hotel mansion to the flowers, then she leaves and sits down and gets a mirror. Next, Lucky opens the door to reveal a handsome man, who then takes her in his arms, as the director yells "Cut! We've got it". Lucky then walks off-set into the studio as grandpa's room, replying to the director: "Finally! We've done it fifty-million times!" She then goes to have her hair and makeup done; with Spears standing unnoticed and very worried looking by her side. Lucky is then seen in a shiny gray evening gown at the Academy Awardsaccepting her award for Best Actress. Lucky looks happy as she accepts it and smiles at her fans, Best actress, and the winner is Lucky! but is soon revealed that this is not true happiness. She makes her way away from her screaming fans and back into her limo, where she unexpectedly finds an ornate hand mirror that was used on the film set. She looks back to the crowd to see who has left it and sees Spears leaning forward in the crowd. The limo drives away, leaving Spears behind on the red carpet. The video ends with Lucky crying herself to sleep, her make-up already stained on her face. The curtains close, ending the video.

tumblr_lwymx1LR7j1r3ty02o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Billboard staff reviewer noted that the story "turned out to be less than pure fiction when the singer later went through personal problems in the very public eye." Jarett Wieselman of the New York Post rated the video a C+ and stated that: "Britney's first Hollywood cautionary tale video didn't seem quite as telling at the time, but with a little distance, the lyrics and concept seem so much sadder". A writer of Rolling Stone said that "Lucky" is best known for "being the first Spears video to focus on what would become a recurring theme: her conflicted relationship to fame".

tumblr_mo3jq6tFfg1qltyiuo1_500.gif

lucky_281x211.jpg

Video icon: The Mirror

tumblr_m3g8nkB6Sa1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Album: 

Single Cover: 

Britney-Spears-Lucky-Single-Cover.jpg

Video: 

http://youtu.be/4vvBAONkYwI

• Like 1

Stronger:

An empowerment anthem, this song finds Spears singing about how despite her difficulties in love, she continues to get stronger.

tumblr_mco6kaQFMr1rfsim9o1_500.gif

Spears refers to her first hit "Baby One More Time" in the lyrics, "My loneliness ain't killing me no more."

tumblr_m0biebTczx1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The song's music video was directed by Joseph Kahn. It featured Spears in a semi-futuristic world breaking up with her cheating boyfriend. He recalled to MTV News: "For 'Stronger,' she said, 'I would like to dance in a chair and drive in a car and break up with [my] boyfriend. Those are your three elements.' And then, as a director, you go, 'OK, well, how do I make that cool?'"

tumblr_lj9jozFwSd1qgq9z2.gif

Kahn added: "I think this video is interesting because it's got a very sophisticated, adult look to it. It's definitely a departure from the sort of candy-colour videos she was doing before, so I always thought this was the transition between Britney the teenage pop star and Britney the sort of diva she became."

For many, the most memorable part of the clip are the dance sequences with the metal chair. Kahn recalled to MTV News: "She pitched it to me as an original concept by herself, but the first thing that came to my mind when I thought of the chair sequence, in terms of how it applies to music videos, was Janet Jackson's 'Pleasure Principle' - the iconic chair sequence in that."
In the video Spears sports some grey eye-shadow which was an aspect that Kahn was insistent upon. "One of the big things I wanted to do here, that I was just obsessed with... I know it sounds really strange, but I wanted her to have grey eye shadow," he said. "And I think it looks really good. I remember when I was looking at the close-ups, Britney goes, 'You're really obsessed with this grey eye shadow!' and I go, 'Yes, absolutely.' But if you look at it, it just makes her eyes pop like crazy."

tumblr_ll2pevrl0R1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

tumblr_mco6kaQFMr1rfsim9o9_500.gif

When Britney fell off the chair during the making the video – her knees were scraped and bleeding.

tumblr_mbsh3oCQls1r3ty02o1_500.gif

They got to rehearse the chair scene in a studio – but on the day the floor was very slippery – and not the same feeling as it was in the rehearsals – hence why Britney is seen falling in the making of the video.

tumblr_mg2seecTsG1s1aetgo1_400.gif

The choker in the video – is rumoured to be very expensive and needed to be very well looked after.

tumblr_lz2e5zyFOq1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The chair scene in the video was inspired by the Janet Jackson video – The Pleasure principal.

giphy.gif

http://youtu.be/Q-gu1KETjVY

• Like 1

Janet and her chairs..

miss+u+much.gif

The single Stronger became, at the time, the highest selling single in the US was certified gold.

tumblr_lq8zr5KkV01qimbp4o1_500.gif

The music video for the song was directed by Joseph Kahn, who revealed that the concept for the music video was created by Spears herself, by saying "I would like to dance in a chair and drive in a car and break up with [my] boyfriend. [...] Those are your three elements." Kahn ended up creating, according to Jocelyn Vena of MTV, "a semi-futuristic world in which Spears walks into a club, breaks up with her cheating boyfriend and triumphantly walks in the rain, knowing her life is better off without him." Kahn also considered the music video as very sophisticated, saying that it is "definitely a departure from the sort of candy-colored videos she was doing before, so I always thought this was the transition between Britney the teenage pop star and Britney the sort of diva she became." An alternate footage of the video can be found on the DVD of Spears first compilation album Greatest Hits: My Prerogative.

Kahn revealed that Spears' referenced Janet Jackson's "The Pleasure Principle" and "Miss You Much" music videos for the video's chair routine, saying her idea was inspired by "Janet Jackson's 'Pleasure Principle' — the iconic chair sequence in that".A review of the video also commented "Ms. Spears gives us her best Janet Jackson impression (“Miss You Much“) with a dizzying chair-dance routine."Spears also referenced and draws inspiration from Janet in several other music videos, including "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know". "Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)", "Circus", and "Womanizer".

tumblr_lz5g96QIXx1r3ty02o1_500.gif

The video begins with a closed caption that reads "Britney Spears – Stronger", amidst the sound of a storm. It then cuts to a close up of Spears looking at her boyfriend, who is smiling with another woman holding him. She realizes she is better without him and walks away, after saying, "Whatever," to the audience. There is a shot of the tower hotel they were in, in an apparent semi-futuristic world, having a party in the restaurant in the hotel tower at the top, and then the hotel tower explodes and blows up. At the beginning of the first chorus, Spears starts dancing with an Emeco 1006-style chair in front of a black background. The second half of the video finds Spears driving away from the party in aclassic Ford Mustang car during a thunderstorm; however, before long, her car goes into a spin out, then stops on the very edge of the bridge. After recovering from the shock of it, she's forced to continue walking on in the rain. Cuts of her dancing with a cane, transformed from the chair, are also included. The video ends with Spears walking across a bridge. Two versions of the video exist, one in which at the end of video Britney stands in mid air above the spinning chair, and in the other a close up of her singing.Nuzhat Naoreen of MTV praised the music video, saying, "few performers can work an entire routine on and around a chair as well as Britney did in 'Stronger'".The music video received a nomination on the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Pop Video.

tumblr_lxnpgtfi0V1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Video Icon – The Magical Chair

Stronger-Navy-Chair-by-Britney-song.jpg

293173347_640.jpg

Album:

Single Cover: 

BritneyStrong1.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/L43mjs0xeqQ

Video: 

http://youtu.be/AJWtLf4-WWs

• Like 1

Born to make you happy:

The original concept was to portray Spears in a dream, lamenting over her ex-lover, by whom she was secretly pregnant with their child, but Jive immediately withdrew the idea once it was leaked to the public and received negative reception. The opening scene of the music video – Britney appears to be pregnant – so the original idea may have been scrapped last minute.

enhanced-buzz-1202-1390943527-7.jpg

Omg I ALWAYS thought she looked pregnant in this scene but I thought itwas like her shirt billowing out in the wind or something since she wasn't preggers in the rest of the video. I was right!  :wahlykeomg: Thanks for sharing by the way you're awesome  :kisskiss:

• Like 1

Omg I ALWAYS thought she looked pregnant in this scene but I thought itwas like her shirt billowing out in the wind or something since she wasn't preggers in the rest of the video. I was right!  :wahlykeomg: Thanks for sharing by the way you're awesome  :kisskiss:

I know right - I had no clue when about the real plot when I first saw it - but always thought it was strange... but now our theory has been confirmed..

Glad you like the post - thank you  :kisskiss:

My only wish (this year)

"My Only Wish (This Year)" was recorded by Britney especially for the Christmas compilation "Platinum Christmas" in 2000. The Song was released as a promo single for the Japanese radio stations, in order to promote the release of the compilation. Only a few dozen copies of this promo CD were made by BMG Japan.

Xmas-Britney_Spears_005.jpg

No Music Video was filmed for this single – as far as we know…

Single cover: 

My+Only+Wish+This+Year+Japan_0001.jpg

Video fan made: 

http://youtu.be/wrvebqA8xdM

• Like 2

Don’t let me be the last to know:

‘’Britney Spears will re-shoot the video for her next single, 'Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know' because she is unhappy with the final edit, which was filmed on a Miami Beach last month. The singer famously chose photographer Herb Ritts to direct the video, known for his erotic black and white photographs. Ritts previously shot Madonna's 'Cherish' video and Janet Jackson's 'Love Will Never Do (Without You)'. It is not clear whether the new video will mirror the original, in which Britney shared a kiss with a French model." The scenes deleted were considered to be too racy at the time.

tumblr_m9lfqrXyD01r3ty02o1_500.gif

bg3.gif

The video needed to be re-edited as Britney’s mom thought that it was too sexual. This was ofcourse during the time that she was still seen as America’s sweetheart and her image was differently perceived.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlXIq-oe47vAeiFFqYy6efNPJRnS4Qsie3OEKnl5SX4nponZl0

4178634611_545d642679_o.gif

The music video for Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know sparked conflict between Spears’ mother and then boyfriend Justin Timberlake. Timberlake was annoyed she was making out with a French model and Spears’ mother thought the video was very racy at the time considering the sexual nature of the video.

tumblr_ltr51nZ3ZB1r3ty02o1_500.gif

tumblr_mlkj9vaEl41rccynyo2_r1_500.gif

Did you know that the Japanese version of the single had a booklet?

booklet_0001.jpgbooklet_0001_.jpg

booklet_0003.jpgbooklet_0002.jpg

• Like 1

booklet_0004.jpgbooklet2.jpg

The music video for "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know" was directed by the American photographer Herb Ritts, and shot at Key Biscane in MiamiFlorida in the last week of January 2001.Spears revealed she was inspired by Janet Jackson's video for "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" to select Ritts as the video's director.According to Ritts, the singer "wanted to do something fresh. There was one outfit, no dancing, and that meant that it boiled down to her. She really had to act the song, and she was very impressive." He also revealed the setting of the video was built as "a funky beach shack" similar to Madonna's "Cherish" (1989) and Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" (1989)."The story is, pretty much, Britney longing for him to tell her the words", said Ritts, who was impressed with the chemistry between the singer and her fictional boyfriend, played by French model Brice Durand (this marks the third time Brice had appeared in Britney's videos the other two being From the Bottom of My Broken Heart and Born to Make You Happy. Spears' real-life boyfriend at the time Justin Timberlake, however, "was said to be miffed at Spears' kissing scenes with French model," according to Jennifer Vineyard of MTV.Spears mother, Lynne, also criticized considered the original music video for being too racy at the time, because it contained sexually explicit material. Parts of the video were edited before its release to the public.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTibRbrxvq7PyoScrccG6lzV2s-Ips6A5pszcwoLZNutdfF_Em4

tumblr_lh8zdsAICM1qc9f21o1_500.png

The music video debuted at number one on MTV's TRL on March 2, 2001.The video begins with Spears and her boyfriend in a hammock. Cuts of her cuddling with her love interest beside a fire are also included. We also see her and her boyfriend on the seashore doing a love scene. Inside a tiki hut, Spears exclaims the words she wants her boyfriend to know. In the second half of the video, she is seen on a tree where her boyfriend reaches for her. There are also scenes where she is running on the beach and her boyfriend is chasing after her. Spears wears only a bikini top and a pair of cutoff shorts during the whole video.The music video was considered by Spears as "the funnest video I've ever done." An alternate footage of the video can be found on the DVD of Spears first compilation album Greatest Hits: My Prerogative. Vineyard considered the footage as the one that "makes the most use of Britney's body of work, with the spaceman from "Oops!... I Did It Again", an opening door from "My Prerogative" and one love interest from "Toxic" all making cameos".

tumblr_lqavtuDCla1qepqfvo1_500.gif

Video Icon: The DLMBTLTK tree

tumblr_lj24gjjrq31qgq9z2.gif

tumblr_luwqp4rA9m1r3ty02o1_500.gif

britney-spears-1337311881.jpg

Album:

Single cover:

02-single-04.png

Video:

http://youtu.be/jGoM7atmJJA

• Like 1

When your eyes say it:

The music video for this song was shot in January 2001 by directors Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, who are best known for directing videos for alternative and rock groups. It was most likely unreleased due to "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" being chosen to be released as a single instead of this song in the spring of that year.

tumblr_m6iujsxiX21r3ty02o1_500.gif

“When Your Eyes Say It\" was supposed to be the fourth single, and it seems that there is a USA promo acetate with a white cover with the album version of the track. It was also attested that Britney did shoot the video for this song because Jive wanted to release it as the fifth single, but the video have never been released because of the poor sales of \"Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know\" and the imminent arrival of \"I\'m Slave 4 U\" as a new single.

Album: 

Single cover: 

R-4074191-1354371967-5943.jpeg

Video: The video is currently held in the Spears Vaults of goodies… One can only dream of a future release..

http://youtu.be/IGe4-SntDAw

• Like 1

I’m a slave for you:

This premiered on the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards. Spears wore a live snake during the performance, which was set to look like a jungle, complete with a caged tiger. Britney was the big VMA draw at the time and expected to do something outrageous. The previous year, she stripped off most of her clothes while performing "Satisfaction."

rs_500x286-131217144002-tumblr_mo1uzpuSj

The "4U" is a Prince thing. He has many songs with numbers and capital letters in the titles, including "I Would Die 4U." Hip-Hop duo The Neptunes produced this.

There is a lizard on top of the mirrors in the Slave 4 U music video.

I-m-a-Slave-4-U-britney-spears-4573246-5

DJ Skribble makes an appearance in the music video.

0d4530d6-5cba-4bdd-a971-a6b998e98ffd.jpg

The video is supposed to be set in Hong Kong.

tumblr_mc5x8d1bTw1rfsim9o6_500.gif

The concept behind the “I’m A Slave 4 U” is that they were all in a club that was out of drinks. 

tumblr_mvpu6n1TJm1spwwlho1_400.gif

“I’m A Slave 4 U” was shot on the same stage as “Jurassic Park.”rs_500x284-131202140136-rs_500x284-13090

Britney took belly-dancing classes in preparation for this video.

Everybody was covered in baby oil to simulate sweat.

4177701082_9b8a5c6ebd_o.gif

Apparently Britney was not aware that there would be so many dancers for the dance scene and was worried that it would not look good.

slaveforyou.gif

The face licking scene was not planned – and Britney was apparently not pleased about it when it happened.

4177708042_715f40db00_o.gif

The music video was shot on a soundstage in Universal City, California, over Labor Day weekend (Sep. 1–2), under the direction of Francis Lawrence, and is one of her most risqué videos ever.It made its world premiere on MTV's Making the Video on September 24 at 5 p.m.EST,the same day the song officially hit the American radio stations, and debuted at number one on Total Request Live two days later.Choreographed by Wade Robson and Crystal Chewning though some of the dancing was choreographed by Puerto-Rican dancerMayte Garcia, who taught Spears bellydancing for the video.

tumblr_mebundMDEE1qdi0z1o2_500.gif

• Like 1

In the video, Spears and fifteen dancers employ the same choreography seen in her with Spears looking over a balcony whilst singing with cars down in the distance. Spears is portrayed as a slave to the music who dances all day until she and the other dancers are sweaty and near dehydration, forcing them to search for water, Spears is standing by a mirror at the sink. Two alternative versions of the video clip can be found on the Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD released on November 9, 2004. The music video was nominated in three categories at the2002 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Female VideoBest Dance Video, and Best Choreography. The video clip for "I'm a Slave 4 U" was noted for its influence from Janet Jackson, with one review saying "Spears’ main musical and visual influence has not been Madonna but Janet Jackson, particularly in her visual element. The Jackson influence can be seen in the video for 'I’m A Slave 4 U', and it continues through 'Me Against the Music,' 'Boys,' and 'My Prerogative,' as well as her live performances in general."The video ranked #1 in the list of the "50 Sexiest Music Videos of All-Time" published by Canadian music channel MuchMusic in 2007.An official remix video used the "Miguel Migs Petalpusher Vocal Mix" was also released. There are another 2 unreleased remix videos using the Thunderpuss Club Mix and the Thunderpuss Dark Mix. Nearly 10 years later in 2011, the video would be compared to her "Till The World Ends" music video. Several references from the "I'm a Slave 4 u" video were made in the video for "Till The World Ends", such as the dancers crowding around her and the sweaty dancers scene.

anigif_original-grid-image-29590-1403797

Video Icon: The Slave 4 U lizard

I-m-a-Slave-4-U-britney-spears-4573246-5

Album:

britney.jpg

Single cover:

BritneySlave.jpg

Video Comparison:

http://youtu.be/AB8KFojn76c

Video:

http://youtu.be/Mzybwwf2HoQ

• Like 1

I love that skit - It was hilarious - and also the one where she wants to go live with the homeless guy :gloria:

Haven't found that one. You seem to be good at digging up Video facts. I am pretty good at finding rare footage of Britney. I have checked old Articles about her as well. I figured everyone knows about the Video. Not detailed like you, which I love by the way. I look for hard to find facts about Britney's persona. Press conferences, interviews or just raw footage.

What’s going on:

In 2001, a group of popular artists, including Britney, have gathered under the name "Artists Against AIDS Worldwide" and recorded a cover version of Marvin Gaye's 70's classic "What's Going On" in order to release it as a charity single to benefit AIDS programs in Africa. The song was recorded shortly before the September 11, 2001 attacks, and it was decided afterwards that a portion of the song's proceeds would benefit the American Red Cross' September 11 fund as well. Other artists who participated on the song are Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Lopez, Destiny's Child, Nelly Furtado, Limp Bizkit, Backstreet Boys, *NSync, Wyclef Jean, Usher & more...

hqdefault.jpg

1263690866676_f.jpg

On October 30, 2001, a group of popular recording artists under the name "Artists Against AIDS Worldwide" released an album containing multiple versions of "What's Going On" to benefit AIDS programs in Africa and other impoverished regions. Jermaine Dupri and Bono produced the radio single version, whose performers included Britney SpearsJa RuleNasChristina AguileraGwen StefaniJennifer LopezNelly FurtadoFred Durst of Limp BizkitDestiny's ChildWyclef JeanLil' Kim

Backstreet BoysMonica, Gaye's own daughter Nona, and many other popular artists. The album contained that single along with 8 additional remixes. The song was recorded shortly before the September 11, 2001 attacks, and it was decided afterwards that a portion of the song's proceeds would benefit the American Red Cross' September 11 fund as well. A music video was directed by Jake Scott.

Britney+Spears++Whats+Going+On.jpg

132036712.jpg

Video Icon: The Blind fold

BritneySpearsWhatsGoingOn.jpg

Single Cover:

whats_going_on_three_track_cd_single_cov

Video: 

http://youtu.be/T2hPhILxez8

• Like 1

Haven't found that one. You seem to be good at digging up Video facts. I am pretty good at finding rare footage of Britney. I have checked old Articles about her as well. I figured everyone knows about the Video. Not detailed like you, which I love by the way. I look for hard to find facts about Britney's persona. Press conferences, interviews or just raw footage.

I love looking up facts and info - it just makes the videos even more enjoyable - A friend and I used to record every single thing Britney was in on TV - we had our own VHS tape of Britney - I know VHS - what even is that right :gloria:

You must see the facts I digged up on the Blackout era... and the ITZ era - so good...

• Like 1

Overprotected:

The music video for "Overprotected" was directed by Billie Woodruff and produced under Geneva Films, while choreographed by Brian Friedman. In an interview withHarper's Bazaar in 2011, Spears recalled the music video, saying, "I just think it says a lot. It was directed so well, it was really colorful and the dancing was amazing". It begins with Spears driving away from the intrusive media, with a part of the instrumental version of the song "Bombastic Love", featured on the album Britney, playing. She makes her way into an alleyway and decides to enter an abandoned factory, hoping her pursuers will be thrown off course. When she enters the building she begins to dance her way around the warehouse. Britney's dancers, having spotted her walking into the factory, follow her inside. They find Britney dancing around and joke about it, before heading into a heavy dance routine. Towards the end of the video, segments of Spears in a room with walls covered in pictures and articles about herself are also shown. These walls move in and out before the video ends, signifying that she is "overprotected". At the end of the video, Britney walks to a wall, and exits the building.

tumblr_ljyrix0mQU1qftf7zo1_400.jpg

Britney+Spears+Britney+Overprotected+Out

The album version video was released as a 2nd single in Europe – while INAGNYAW was released in the States. The remix version was released in the US only as a 3rd single.

2063052_324.jpg

Britney was wearing a red ‘key chain’ in the video – which in the video – falls off – this was not edited out of the video.

3033463758_2_3_sZMWHqRn.jpg

3033467600_2_3_QorkRa9v.jpg

3033472728_2_3_TnEdwlGS.jpg

In the beginning of the video – Bombastic love instrumental is heard playing. Britney’s team really wanted this to be a single, but Britney was not as fan.

Of the extensive clips making up her videography, Spears told Harper's Bazaar in 2011 that 'Overprotected' was her all-time favorite. "I just think it says a lot. It was really colourful and the dancing was amazing," Spears said (via Capital FM) of the clip for her 2001 single.  Another source claimed that this was not her fave video hence why she made a remix video for it – more to her liking.

tumblr_luwqwg6n1i1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Britney wears her own brand of shades – Shades of Britney in the music video:

overprotected--large-msg-133503326372.jp

A remix video was made for the US - which  you will read more about later..

britney-spears-fuck-yeah-sexy-Favimcom-3

• Like 1