Beyonce Is A Feminist

Betty Draper

yup, those aren't either. but that doesn't mean it's ok for you to post shit praising her in the britney section either.

What's wrong with praising her? I praise Britney 34901254% of the time & most of the time, couldn't care less about Beyonce but I can't stand the unnecessary and wrong hate she is getting from people telling her that she is not a feminist or that they don't like her because she IS one. It's part of what is wrong with our world & I had to say something. 

What's wrong with praising her? I praise Britney 34901254% of the time & most of the time, couldn't care less about Beyonce but I can't stand the unnecessary and wrong hate she is getting from people telling her that she is not a feminist or that they don't like her because she IS one. It's part of what is wrong with our world & I had to say something. 

i don't care if you praise her, don't do it in the BRITNEY section where there are BRITNEY fans who don't give a fuck about beyonce or how you feel about her. there's a section for these types of posts and it ain't the britney one.

• Like 1

y'all know this Feminist thing is nothing but a publicity stunt to sell her image right?  :bomt:

besides,why this forum keep comparing the 2? 

The world is big you know?  :tea2:

WHO CARES? NO 1 CARES.. This is a positive, awesome "publicity stunt" if it is one. It wasn't nearly as obnoxious as Miley's. And yes, what she did was great, but come on.. total PR move. All it did was tell me that stars know when they're winning a VMA because she had that thing prepped.

i don't care if you praise her, don't do it in the BRITNEY section where there are BRITNEY fans who don't give a fuck about beyonce or how you feel about her. there's a section for these types of posts and it ain't the britney one.

did u say the same thing on the "bleachonce" thread? that one is all about beyonce

WHO CARES? NO 1 CARES.. This is a positive, awesome "publicity stunt" if it is one. It wasn't nearly as obnoxious as Miley's. And yes, what she did was great, but come on.. total PR move. All it did was tell me that stars know when they're winning a VMA because she had that thing prepped.

see? Publicity stunt,she's not really a feminist.

What no one really cares is the fact that she is or isn't. :tea2:

did u say the same thing on the "bleachonce" thread? that one is all about beyonce

you're kidding right? the "bleachonce" thread was talking about the fact that BRITNEY deserves more vma's than she has, it wasn't talking about how beyonce is a super amazing feminist role model who should be respected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like this one. you, in no way, related your beyonce praise to britney other than saying "oh there's negative posts about beyonce so i made a positive one" girl c'mon :frenchy:

• Like 2

you're kidding right? the "bleachonce" thread was talking about the fact that BRITNEY deserves more vma's than she has, it wasn't talking about how beyonce is a super amazing feminist role model who should be respected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like this one. you, in no way, related your beyonce praise to britney other than saying "oh there's negative posts about beyonce so i made a positive one" girl c'mon :frenchy:

that thread should be trashed, it's embarrassing

My god. :orangu: The Hive is becoming just as insufferable as the Monsters in 2011 when Gaga was suddenly this gay rights icon. I hope it doesn't backfire on them the same way it backfired on Gags.

I'm not a Hive member lmao I'm a normal person when it comes to Beyonce. Gaga being pro gay rights wasn't the death of her career, though. IMO the Hive are way worse than the Monsters were but I never really paid attn to the monsters anyway. 

Partitions' lyrics alone debunk that Beyonce is a feminist :orangu: :orangu: :orangu: She's just being delusional that she's a feminist because the copious amounts of bleach are probably suffocating her brain.

There is absolutely NOTHING anti-feminist about wanting to please your man, lmaooo that kind of statement is the ignorance that makes feminism look bad and like feminists are a bunch sex-less man-haters.

There is absolutely NOTHING anti-feminist about wanting to please your man, lmaooo that kind of statement is the ignorance that makes feminism look bad and like feminists are a bunch sex-less man-haters.

We both know the tone of Beyonce's songs and the images used are traditionally submissive. :orangu: :orangu: Let's not. If you really want to win this argument that Beyonce is feminist, then yes, she is, in the most shallow sense there is, as "feminist" as Floptina called the Dirrty music video.

We both know the tone of Beyonce's songs and the images used are traditionally submissive. :orangu: :orangu: Let's not. If you really want to win this argument that Beyonce is feminist, then yes, she is, in the most shallow sense there is, as "feminist" as Floptina called the Dirrty music video.

Who cares if she wants to be submissive sometimes? Feminists can't want to be submissive? She also has Single Ladies/Irreplaceable/Flawless. You can't tell a woman or a feminist how to act, that is not what feminism is about. I don't get what you guys don't get about this. She wants equality, she supports women, she supports female empowerment, she says she's a feminist, she declares it in public, she makes music catering to women and uplifting women- there is nothing anti-feminist about any of this. Your biggest complaint is that she's too sexy (please) and that she has a lyric where she tells bitches to bow down and show respect. I guess we'll agree to disagree but screw you if you're going to tell me or any of my friends they're not feminists because they show off their bodies or they're over-confident or sometimes they want to be in a submissive role during sex (with their husbands!). 

lemme clarify that thread for yall since Im fuck amy and i made it

first of all im a girl, so please change the pronouns to she  :displeased:  :displeased:

anyways my thread had nothing do with beyonces feminism shit act  :lmaolol:

I was just stating how overrated that fake ass bitch is  :lmaolol:

I would like Beyonce but some people dont like fake bitches... Beyonce is talented  :pieceofwhat:  but shes a fake ass bitch  :smokeney:

soon no1curr about  her fake ass so called feminist act only degrading women :4music:

As a woman, I feel uncomfortable with Beyonce. She degrades us.. We are still viewed as sex objects... She sings about sitting on a guys rocket  :4music:  

Britney has said: Sex is sacred, and should only be done if you in your heart believe your gonna be with the person forever...Personally this is more feminism than Beyonce has ever done in ha career.. Take this from a woman.. Yes you should enjoy your body.. but beyonce makes it look like you should dress for a man.. Where as Britney just does it for show.. Britney isn't even vulgar compared to Beyonce  :thatsfunny: ... Britney has said in her early days.. Look good for yourself and not for others.. She even said to follow your dreams  :P

anyways drag me for spilling the tea :lmaolol:

• Like 2

Who cares if she wants to be submissive sometimes? Feminists can't want to be submissive? She also has Single Ladies/Irreplaceable/Flawless. You can't tell a woman or a feminist how to act, that is not what feminism is about. I don't get what you guys don't get about this. She wants equality, she supports women, she supports female empowerment, she says she's a feminist, she declares it in public, she makes music catering to women and uplifting women- there is nothing anti-feminist about any of this. Your biggest complaint is that she's too sexy (please) and that she has a lyric where she tells bitches to bow down and show respect. I guess we'll agree to disagree but screw you if you're going to tell me or any of my friends they're not feminists because they show off their bodies or they're over-confident or sometimes they want to be in a submissive role during sex (with their husbands!). 

she didnt even write those songs sweetie...she stole the flawless statement from youtube.. the bitch is a dumb puppet 

she didnt even write those songs sweetie...she stole the flawless statement from youtube.. the bitch is a dumb puppet 

I appreciate the message.

first of all im a girl, so please change the pronouns to she  :displeased:  :displeased:

I would like Beyonce but some people dont like fake bitches... Beyonce is talented  :pieceofwhat:  but shes a fake ass bitch  :smokeney:

soon no1curr about  her fake ass so called feminist act only degrading women :4music:

As a woman, I feel uncomfortable with Beyonce. She degrades us.. We are still viewed as sex objects... She sings about sitting on a guys rocket  :4music:  

Britney has said: Sex is sacred, and should only be done if you in your heart believe your gonna be with the person forever...Personally this is more feminism than Beyonce has ever done in ha career.. Take this from a woman.. Yes you should enjoy your body.. but beyonce makes it look like you should dress for a man.. Where as Britney just does it for show.. Britney isn't even vulgar compared to Beyonce  :thatsfunny: ... Britney has said in her early days.. Look good for yourself and not for others.. She even said to follow your dreams  :P

girl don't be a hypocrite

I appreciate the message.

girl don't be a hypocrite

:frenchy:

sis...

:)

its a opinion just like yours... She make you feel strong but makes me feel  :zoomzoom:  and degrading

She makes me feel like a sex object... :4music:  and Britney makes me feel stronger than yesterday... now its nothing but my way...

so go on now.. ;)  stan for beyonce while idgaf about that fake bitch... 

:pieceofwhat: whatever helps you sleep at night tbh.... 

Gaga's more of a feminist than beyonce lbr  :4music:

:frenchy:

sis...

:)

its a opinion just like yours... She make you feel strong but makes me feel  :zoomzoom:  and degrading

She makes me feel like a sex object... :4music:  and Britney makes me feel stronger than yesterday... now its nothing but my way...

so go on now.. ;)  stan for beyonce while idgaf about that fake bitch... 

:pieceofwhat: whatever helps you sleep at night tbh.... 

Gaga's more of a feminist than beyonce lbr  :4music:

you know damn well britney's opinion on sexuality changed massively as she aged past 17 and she was never shy about near nudity so idk why you're dissing beyonce.

i'm not sure why you quoted me, i don't know what thread you made or what you're talking about. i was talking to the op of this thread, but tbh, i agree with you

Hahaha, well neither are the other topics trashing Beyonce but whatever.

Who are you to judge another woman's level of feminism? Why are you questioning her when she herself is telling you that she is a feminist, instead of supporting her? She is finding her voice. So I'm not a feminist because I don't hang out in rape crisis support centers? That's ridiculous. I do what I can when I can, just like Beyonce who does more than most because she's publicly advocating for the movement in front of millions. And what the fuck does it mean to be "an advocate, not a feminist"? Seriously, you're grasping. You're putting Beyonce down by saying she's being sexy and that it does nothing. It does do something because females are sexual beings and they are still shamed for being that way- look at what's happened to Britney all these years and now Britney gets anxiety from the thought of judgment and being sexy. Beyonce controls every aspect of her image and that's just how she is and that is fine. That doesn't mean she's doing it to attract men or because society tells her to. She wants to look her best & she takes pride in her image. There are other feminists and women who take a different approach. For a feminist (I'm assuming), you are one of the most critical, self-important, obnoxious ones I've ever come across. I can't stand when women bash other women and try to tell the who they are and how they have to be.

She can be hyper-sexualized if she wants to, just like Britney wanted to. I would lose all respect for Britney if she were to come out and say she was not a feminist. You should be able to own your sexuality and I find it weird and ridiculous that you're shaming her for it in a culture where that behavior is lauded & now here you all are getting on your high horses bashing Beyonce for it, saying she can't be both sexy and a feminist. LMAO and bear in mind, she's not even that bad in comparison to her peers.

I agree I wish she had the self-confidence she used to and kept that voice she had where she was always questioning people.

Beyonce has the power and influence to actually do something with regards to helping women. So I think she should go beyond saying she's a feminist and singing songs about it (although that's a great start). Not every person who supports feminism can go out and do stuff, I totally know that. I'm just annoyed by how "look at me, look at me" she is about her approach.

Also, if I decide to wear my high heels, I'm not doing something that's feminist. I'm just doing what I want to do. It's totally fine for a woman to do whatever she wants (and she should as a free human being), but don't put a feminist label on it just because someone with a vagina does it. Being hypersexualized is not a feminist act, seeing as women's bodies have been seen in such ways since before the movement came about. Had the movement not come about, women would still do such things (whether to please men or themselves).

And thank you for calling me self-important and obnoxious, although I never called you anything. Anyone can claim to be anything, but their words do not automatically make their claim true. I appreciate Beyonce for spreading the idea of feminism around, but she's only scratching the surface. Telling women they can do whatever they want does not solve the deep-seated issue of female oppression.

"Shaming" is a term thrown around so often. I can't even state my own opinion.

Beyonce is not doing anything that goes against what women are expected to do in order to enforce gender roles. A woman can objectify herself all she wants, but one shouldn't call it progressive or breaking boundaries.

You sound like one of the Jezebel.com types, fighting for choice and little more. Choice is a wonderful thing to have, but from where do women's choice originate from (i.e. marriage, prostitution, wearing more revealing clothing)? Not from good, feminist places. They can make someone happy, and that's fine, but it's not feminist.

I will say that a woman being confident in herself is amazing and can encourage girls to feel the same, but confidence for a woman has become happily taking on the hyper-feminine roles assigned to us.

I question Beyonce mainly because she seems so contrived. Everything must look perfect and complement her perfect image. And celebrities taking on the feminist title seems to be the new trend (not saying, it's bad, but perhaps not completely genuine).

So yeah...

• Like 1