Official Gamers Thread

Jenlicious

I play Injustice on PS Vita, and let me tell you... I hate MK turning into that. That is not MK. Grabbing stuff from the background to use it against your opponent works for Injustice because it's a totally different game; actually the button scheme is very different to MK. So I guess since you have super heroes and super villains it's ok to grab cars, stones, pipes or any other thing to hit your opponent... but MK ?? Come on !!

I know MK4 introduced this with objects like stones and weapons placed in the 3D stage and I guess it worked for that game because it was a 3D game where you could dodge objects. But having that on MK is just bogus because first you are playing on 2D and second, MK is all about kombos, special moves and fast paced kombat. And I bet there are many fans like me complaining of the resemblance to Injustice right now.

These indeed are some of the criticisms that I have read regarding MKX and I think they're valid.  For someone like me, who stopped playing after MK 1-3 and started playing again with the '11 release, I don't mind some new gameplay mechanics being integrated from another highly rated game.  (Now had they borrowed from MKvsDC... I would have had a real problem, lol.)  My knowledge of "Injustice" exceeds no further then a few occasions but of those times I enjoyed, but again I def see your point and where you stand on what MK is and what it shouldn't be.  

On another note... Cassie Cage's   loading render debuted days ago (in her Hollywood mode?) she is already one character I'm eagerly anticipating to play as.  

These indeed are some of the criticisms that I have read regarding MKX and I think they're valid.  For someone like me, who stopped playing after MK 1-3 and started playing again with the '11 release, I don't mind some new gameplay mechanics being integrated from another highly rated game.  (Now had they borrowed from MKvsDC... I would have had a real problem, lol.)  My knowledge of "Injustice" exceeds no further then a few occasions but of those times I enjoyed, but again I def see your point and where you stand on what MK is and what it shouldn't be.  

On another note... Cassie Cage's   loading render debuted days ago (in her Hollywood mode?) she is already one character I'm eagerly anticipating to play as.  

There's this character that is like a big guy that has some dwarf hanging on his back... damn... that's a mess. I don't recall his name now. 

Fabulous thread !!

I don't know if I can define myself as a gamer because real gamers usually devote extensive hours to gameplay. Because of my day to day obligations, I am not a full time gamer, although that's my favorite hobbie after music.

Consoles I have:

-Playstation 1

-Playstation 2

-Playstation 3

-Playstation Vita

-Xbox 360

-Sega Dreamcast

-Nintendo Wii

As unofficial console:

-Android Game Player ------ this is pretty much a console pretty similar to the Sony PSP in shape, but the software that it runs is Android, therefore you can put apps such as game emulators. Regarding emulation, I have:

-Atari 2600

-Nintendo Entertainment System

-Super Nintendo Entertainment System

-Nintendo 64

-Panasonic 3DO

-MAME ---- this is an Arcade emulator. I have terrific games here such as Time Killers or Aerosmith's Revolution X.

-Sega Genesis

-Sega CD

-Sony PSP (yes, it can be emulated via PC)

-Neo Geo 

PC:

I'm not much of a PC gamer because my laptop is not as powerful as tremendous games would require (such as Diablo 3) and anyways I have always been pretty much a console-oriented player. But I have some terrific games on my PC, which are great classics to this day:

-Another World (known in the US as Out Of This World). This is by far one of the best computer games ever created. Although you can complete it in half an hour if you know how to solve the puzzles.

-Alone In The Dark -- forget about the modern Alone In The Dark. The 1992 version of this game, which was the first, is FUCKING AMAZING. This game is THE SHIT.

-ID software games --- everything from Doom to Hexen, Heretic, Quake.... pretty games but hard as hell.

Coming in 2015 Xbox One and Playstation 4.

SLAYYYYY!!!!

I'M ALMOST LIKE THAT TOO!

There's this character that is like a big guy that has some dwarf hanging on his back... damn... that's a mess. I don't recall his name now. 

Ferra/Torr. I guess they're going to be the Noob/Smoke of the game. I really like the new characters so far, and I'm glad it seems like they're working hard to make them all interesting rather than creating more throwaways, like so many from the past games that we'll never see again. However, I would like some that aren't just big fantastic creatures or hybrids like Cassie.

As for the stage interactivity, Ed Boon confirmed it's not going to be as a OTT as Injustice. I mean, you can pick up an old lady and throw her but that seems pretty "MK" to me.

So who else love games here? PC, Playstation, Xbox, Wii and etc... I have every console from Nintendo 8-bit to Playstation 3. I love games! Tell me what consoles you have and what is your favourite games? :gelis:

im gamer got alienware aurora with geforce titan so there is no better system :)

best games at this moment

watch dogs ( with grafik mod patch)

tombraider

metro last light

diablo ( but my wizard on HC died so i destroyed my keyboard and said fu** it.. )

Anyone ever played Resident Evil games? I just finished 4 part. I love it! It's so dramatic, not so much easy, without many mistakes, only graphic it's little bad (but it's from 2005), bosses gives you a headache and love *EXTRAS when you finish game when you can play with Ada! 

Overall: 8,5/10  :thumbsup:

:yesplz:

I love the RE games, especially the first three in the series. I never played RE4 because I always thought Code: Veronica was the 4th game which initially was a Dreamcast exclusive. Never owned that console so I stopped, got back into the series with the more action oriented RE5 and RE: Revaluations was a good game that brought back the survival horror element that was missing from the previous game.  RE6 I didn't even bother purchasing because I was so disappointed with what I saw and I was hoping the rumors of RE7 being announced earlier this month were true but turned out false.  

:yesplz:

I love the RE games, especially the first three in the series. I never played RE4 because I always thought Code: Veronica was the 4th game which initially was a Dreamcast exclusive. Never owned that console so I stopped, got back into the series with the more action oriented RE5 and RE: Revaluations was a good game that brought back the survival horror element that was missing from the previous game.  RE6 I didn't even bother purchasing because I was so disappointed with what I saw and I was hoping the rumors of RE7 being announced earlier this month were true but turned out false.  

So you played RE5? Is worth of downloading or not?

So you played RE5? Is worth of downloading or not?

Yeah, I enjoyed it but it's more action packed then anything else, so if that's going to disappoint then I wouldn't. The graphics on this one are really nice as well.  I have the Gold Edition that features the DLC "Lost in Nightmares" that is very reminiscent of RE1, exploring a mansion and even playing as both Chris & Jill.  I haven't played this one in awhile but it did get a lot of replay value for me.  

Yeah, I enjoyed it but it's more action packed then anything else, so if that's going to disappoint then I wouldn't. The graphics on this one are really nice as well.  I have the Gold Edition that features the DLC "Lost in Nightmares" that is very reminiscent of RE1, exploring a mansion and even playing as both Chris & Jill.  I haven't played this one in awhile but it did get a lot of replay value for me.  

No it won't, thanks. :)

Do you have any more horror action game?

Oh, yeah, I have.  I played the hell out of the demo that I had with PS1 and owned the first two in the series.  The latest one in the series looks really good but haven't played that one.

I have 1-4 part, didn't end any of them (it's so hard :( ).

5 part is bad, I didn't even played. 6 part (Angel Of Darkness) was okay, little boring, but okay. Legend (7 part) is super. Anniversary (8 part) is great. Underworld (9 part) I watched when my friend was playing it, it has truly amazing graphic for 2008. And last part is perfect!  Oh, I love that serial.  :crying1: