Anybody got The Sims 4 Demo?

Nickey

Yeah the creators were in a tight time crunch already by EA to put it out asap that they didnt have time to create them.

Interesting quote from an employee that worked for the game: "From what I’ve been told, the game is a mess, the studio is a mess, and people are so frustrated they are about to revolt. The Sims 4 team is completely mismanaged. They should hire more producers I think."

About the pools and toddlers: "They’re both [pools and toddlers] really important features that are close to our hearts.  We didn’t have the time during production to do them right for base game so we made a really hard decision to wait to do it properly instead of something half-baked.  I know it’s sad, but our hearts are in the right place."

Noooo why wont you get the game? :crying1:

Yeah the creators were in a tight time crunch already by EA to put it out asap that they didnt have time to create them.

Interesting quote from an employee that worked for the game: "From what I’ve been told, the game is a mess, the studio is a mess, and people are so frustrated they are about to revolt. The Sims 4 team is completely mismanaged. They should hire more producers I think."

About the pools and toddlers: "They’re both [pools and toddlers] really important features that are close to our hearts.  We didn’t have the time during production to do them right for base game so we made a really hard decision to wait to do it properly instead of something half-baked.  I know it’s sad, but our hearts are in the right place."

Noooo why wont you get the game? :crying1:

im not liking how the game is turning out, it seems like a step down from sims 3, theres so many missing features and it looks to cartoon for me :crying1:

Omg same! It also helps that my mom plays the sims 2 everyday (she doesn't like the sims 3) so she understands why I always ask for them. Creating houses and families are going to take FOREVER in the sims 4 I know it.

Are you getting it on release day? 

for sure, i want a phisicall copy, but here in my country is hard as fuck to get... so propably i will pre order it on origin soon but for sure i'm playing it septermber 2nd 12am 

what about you?

It is! Im so happy this fanbase has something else in common :bffs:

(About the pools and toddlers)

Quote from Graham Nardon (one of the Sims 4 producers):

As a result, all of the plans and good intentions The Sims 4 Team had went out the window and the game was stripped bare of even some of the most basic of features — like pools and toddlers.  As Trevor Lindsey recently tweeted there is no such thing as “completion percentage” the game is done when it’s shipped.  And in this case The Sims 4 is shipping without the following features:

"You can’t weigh features by how much you want them in the game, you have to consider how many development resources it takes to create them. The tram? A couple of days from one of our FX guys and it’s finished… very low risk, very low complexity (using entirely existing tech), and adds a nice visual punch to the neighborhood. I can’t recall ever scoping against FX… they always have time to be adding more stuff. Our FX folks submitted their own long list of things they wanted to work on because there wasn’t enough for them to do. Now, you can’t take the FX team and ask them to add pools to the game. They don’t have the work skills to do it; neither do I. Pools, toddlers… they’re extremely complex features that require months of man hours of work across multiple disciplines and introduce significant risk. If we were to have added one of those to the game, there would have been two choices for us… cut many small features, or cut one other significantly large feature. And again, it isn’t equivalent - you can’t just cut a large feature and expect it to line up; you have to cut enough to get all the numbers for each discipline in the green, which means cutting extra to get to the point where the hardest hit discpline has enough time to do their necessary work for it. Now you’ve created free time for other disciplines who previously had work, but are left twiddling their thumbs… so you need to find work for them to do that only impacts the areas that you have time to spend in. If you look at one weird aspect of the game and wonder why it took priority over something that seemed important to you, it’s entirely possible it was something that the right people had time to work on without disrupting the busy people. Game development is a constant puzzle where you’re matching headcount and skill sets against features, schedule, and budget, and you’re trying to make everything fit just right with as few gaps as possible. Unfortunately time isn’t like money; you can’t go into debt on time and pay it back later." —Graham Nardone, July 2, 2014 | Image

Features Removed or Not Included

Suspected but not confirmed (Sim Gurus will not answer the many Simmers who have asked.)

• No Terrain or Water Tools (flat lots only/ponds are objects)
  • Can’t place ANY lots; can only change pre-placed lot types (i.e. commercial to residential)
  • No Ownable Cars (or taxis and school buses):  There’s no garages or driveways in the build mode video and in response to a question about transportation: “It doesn’t really make sense to ride one [tram or steamboat] with the way our neighborhoods are set up.” —Trevor Lindsey  (Walking to the edge of the lot and teleporting is the only type of “transportation” mentioned so far.)
  • No Ghosts and Aliens:   No clue.
Community Reaction

The community was not happy — to put it mildly — about finding out The Sims 4 would not ship with pools or toddlers.  From parody videospolls, petitions on the forums, comics, heartfelt posts, a petition on change.org with upwards of 15,000 signatures in little over a week and dozens of articles written about it from IGN to Kotaku.  A big deal was made.

EA’s Response

Nothing.  Rich Hilleman decided long ago that people lie and those who complain the loudest are EA’s biggest customers.  EA equates outrage and customer complaints with sales so there’s no incentive for them to spend the money needed to put out a finished product.  They’re betting we’ll buy it anyway.

OMFG what a fucking mess ... after all the reactions and stuff some shit is gona get fixed with patches and stuff or a crappy and empty expansion pack (the sims generations) ... still buying all the expansions tho

but create a sims so far love it 

for sure, i want a phisicall copy, but here in my country is hard as fuck to get... so propably i will pre order it on origin soon but for sure i'm playing it septermber 2nd 12am 

what about you?

im definitely getting the physical copy too but not for a few months because theres no way my parents will spend $70 on that, we have to wait for the price to drop. I will be lucky if i get it for christmas but ill most likely have to wait till april for my birthday :MGLOL:

YAAAAAAASSSSSSS u only have to wait 48 days! It sounds like while away now but soon you will have it :goofyney::xf9:

Im going to watch the gameplays on youtube in the meantime once it released :imfab:

OMFG what a fucking mess ... after all the reactions and stuff some shit is gona get fixed with patches and stuff or a crappy and empty expansion pack (the sims generations) ... still buying all the expansions tho

but create a sims so far love it 

the sims forums were a bunch of rioting messes lmfao :gloria: It didnt help that a bunch of times EA said they would be releasing info and doing live streams on certain dates and never did it. It also drove everyone nuts when they actually did livestreams/livechats and just repeated everything we already know and didnt add anything to the table, 0 new info. The rioting is only going to get worse when its released :orangu:

the sims forums were a bunch of rioting messes lmfao :gloria: It didnt help that a bunch of times EA said they would be releasing info and doing live streams on certain dates and never did it. It also drove everyone nuts when they actually did livestreams/livechats and just repeated everything we already know and didnt add anything to the table, 0 new info. The rioting is only going to get worse when its released :orangu:

the game still in the beta stages until mid agaust... so they might add some stuff i guess, but fuck sims 3 >> sims 4 tbh

the game still in the beta stages until mid agaust... so they might add some stuff i guess, but fuck sims 3 >> sims 4 tbh

yeah we are not going to be playing the sims 3 for a LONG time after the 4th comes out tbh, we will only go back for nostalgic purposes :fliphair: Sims 2 seems to be everybodys favorite. and once the 4th one comes out and we have it, we will get behind on school work :thatsfunny:

yeah we are not going to be playing the sims 3 for a LONG time after the 4th comes out tbh, we will only go back for nostalgic purposes :fliphair: Sims 2 seems to be everybodys favorite. and once the 4th one comes out and we have it, we will get behind on school work :thatsfunny:

after the sims 3 came i stopped playing the sims 2.... i prefer the sims 3 tbh..... but we will se how the sims 4 trun... 

oh yeah sims 24/7

thats exactly what i did! :likethat: and i prefer sims 3 too! :bomt: Did u ever play the 1st one?

yes i played them since long time ago, my mom bougth me the sims 1 and after a few month i found out there where expansions and i bougth all of them.... by that time the sims superstar where new... i have all the expansions from the sims 1 (except for the sims making magic) and i had all of the sims 2 expansions and some stuff packs and same with the sims 3 

yes i played them since long time ago, my mom bougth me the sims 1 and after a few month i found out there where expansions and i bougth all of them.... by that time the sims superstar where new... i have all the expansions from the sims 1 (except for the sims making magic) and i had all of the sims 2 expansions and some stuff packs and same with the sims 3 

YAAAASSSSSS!!! I started with the sims 1 too, i remember when hot date came out i really wanted it :lmaolol: (i only had like 4 expansion packs tho for sims 1). I LOVE the soundtrack. Omg im so jealous you have a massive collection, i dont have every single expansion pack :crying1:

It really does build creativity tho! Also its good to play if your upset :thumbsup:

• Like 1

YAAAASSSSSS!!! I started with the sims 1 too, i remember when hot date came out i really wanted it :lmaolol: (i only had like 4 expansion packs tho for sims 1). I LOVE the soundtrack. Omg im so jealous you have a massive collection, i dont have every single expansion pack :crying1:

It really does build creativity tho! Also its good to play if your upset :thumbsup:

IKR the sims 1 sound track is so nostalgic this too are like the best tbh

this was a latin america exclusive neighborhood the song <3

IKR the sims 1 sound track is so nostalgic this too are like the best tbh

this was a latin america exclusive neighborhood the song <3

STAHP! U just killed me with feels! :crying2: when i was younger and i couldnt concentrate on my homework, i would listen to the sims 1 soundtrack and i was able to focus.

Did you ever play the goths or any of the premade families?

STAHP! U just killed me with feels! :crying2: when i was younger and i couldnt concentrate on my homework, i would listen to the sims 1 soundtrack and i was able to focus.

Did you ever play the goths or any of the premade families?

yaaas every simer has ever played with the goths... they where amazing the newbies, the pleasants, and the one with the dog and old parents where my favorite <3 

wau?

yaaas every simer has ever played with the goths... they where amazing the newbies, the pleasants, and the one with the dog and old parents where my favorite <3

wau?

of course! for me it was even funnier in sims 2 tho :trollney: for example for the pleasants i made lilith an emo lesbian and made her make out with a girl in front of a guy that liked her and downloaded a hack so angela would have a teen pregnancy with the dustin who cheated in front of her, and before that they kicked out his pregnant mom and toddler. Cassandra caught don fooling around with one of the caliante sisters and later on with her bro alexander. :tongue3:

of course! for me it was even funnier in sims 2 tho :trollney: for example for the pleasants i made lilith an emo lesbian and made her make out with a girl in front of a guy that liked her and downloaded a hack so angela would have a teen pregnancy with the dustin who cheated in front of her, and before that they kicked out his pregnant mom and toddler. Cassandra caught don fooling around with one of the caliante sisters and later on with her bro alexander. :tongue3:

ikr, OMG SLAYYY , i remember that the emo pleasant twin had a plastic surgery cuz she hated her sister and her family she moved on and had 3 kids and a happy life same with Angela with Dustin, dustin mom got married again and had another baby ... cassandra had a baby with done but don cheated her with Nina, and got married and had twins

but i NEVER played with the premade sims of the sims 3

ikr, OMG SLAYYY , i remember that the emo pleasant twin had a plastic surgery cuz she hated her sister and her family she moved on and had 3 kids and a happy life same with Angela with Dustin, dustin mom got married again and had another baby ... cassandra had a baby with done but don cheated her with Nina, and got married and had twins

but i NEVER played with the premade sims of the sims 3

That's so weird cause neither have i! My sims were usually there to fuck things up I was too brutal for words lmfao  :loldisidiot: 

did you ever download custom content? Omfg I have so many horror stories from doing that. There was actually a time when I was legit addicted to downloading cc  :thatsfunny:  no joke

Also one thing I've never done is make a self made sim  :pieceofwhat:

That's so weird cause neither have i! My sims were usually there to fuck things up I was too brutal for words lmfao  :loldisidiot:

did you ever download custom content? Omfg I have so many horror stories from doing that. There was actually a time when I was legit addicted to downloading cc  :thatsfunny:  no joke

Also one thing I've never done is make a self made sim  :pieceofwhat:

OMFG yas there was that time i wanted to play the sims but first i wanted to download and like i spent all day and never played lol

lol me niether lke ever 

• Like 1

OMFG yas there was that time i wanted to play the sims but first i wanted to download and like i spent all day and never played lol

lol me niether lke ever 

Lawd there was this one downloading site called sexy sims and oh my fucking god every single thing there was vulgar and explicit sex things such as sex position pose boxes, real dicks, dildos, sex boxes where they would actually perform sex acts and like give bjs, and that's only the beginning. I was so shocked when I accidentally stumbled across that nasty site, I don't know to me that is just another level of wrong.

I LOVED when funny glitches happened tho  :lmaolol: