Anybody got The Sims 4 Demo?

Nickey

i want it  :omg1:

i want to get the sims 4 but it's like $70 and idk if i wanna pay that much for it when i never really got into the sims that much

Then you should definitely wait a few months/year till the price drops. That's what I have to do since my best bet at getting it is either for Christmas or my birthday  :)

I still still can't get over how there won't be pools or toddlers tho  :crying1:

But other then that I'm really excited  :yesplz: â€‹ 

and color and that costumization thing..................... now you have to stuck with the colors that ea gives you ..... but they have a lot of color options in the crate a sim tbh i like it 

and color and that costumization thing..................... now you have to stuck with the colors that ea gives you ..... but they have a lot of color options in the crate a sim tbh i like it 

That's true, but I think they will add in all these other cool things later through stuff packs, they always do  :)

That's true, but I think they will add in all these other cool things later through stuff packs, they always do  :)

ikr and i'm like the only one who loves the expansions tbh idc if they are 40$ i don't pay them my parents buy them for me ..... they think this games improves my creativity skills and relaxes me a lot, so the like when i play them so bring the expansions <3

ikr and i'm like the only one who loves the expansions tbh idc if they are 40$ i don't pay them my parents buy them for me ..... they think this games improves my creativity skills and relaxes me a lot, so the like when i play them so bring the expansions <3

Omg same! It also helps that my mom plays the sims 2 everyday (she doesn't like the sims 3) so she understands why I always ask for them. Creating houses and families are going to take FOREVER in the sims 4 I know it.

Are you getting it on release day? 

Guest Zooey Deschanel

I heard there were some torrents around the sims fansites with the demo but they suddenly dissapeared :zoomzoom:

if u find one, pls pm me

plssssssssssssssssssssssss

Guest Zooey Deschanel

can u send me the demo??? :(   <3

wtf no toddlers or pools? 

idk if im gonna get this one, the only one i wont have :crying1:

Yeah the creators were in a tight time crunch already by EA to put it out asap that they didnt have time to create them.

Interesting quote from an employee that worked for the game: "From what I’ve been told, the game is a mess, the studio is a mess, and people are so frustrated they are about to revolt. The Sims 4 team is completely mismanaged. They should hire more producers I think."

About the pools and toddlers: "They’re both [pools and toddlers] really important features that are close to our hearts.  We didn’t have the time during production to do them right for base game so we made a really hard decision to wait to do it properly instead of something half-baked.  I know it’s sad, but our hearts are in the right place."

Noooo why wont you get the game? :crying1:

I didn't know anyone else on here played Sims   :omg: That stuff's addictive

I wonder why they took out pools and tods tho   :crying4:

It is! Im so happy this fanbase has something else in common :bffs:

(About the pools and toddlers)

Quote from Graham Nardon (one of the Sims 4 producers):

As a result, all of the plans and good intentions The Sims 4 Team had went out the window and the game was stripped bare of even some of the most basic of features — like pools and toddlers.  As Trevor Lindsey recently tweeted there is no such thing as “completion percentage†the game is done when it’s shipped.  And in this case The Sims 4 is shipping without the following features:

"You can’t weigh features by how much you want them in the game, you have to consider how many development resources it takes to create them. The tram? A couple of days from one of our FX guys and it’s finished… very low risk, very low complexity (using entirely existing tech), and adds a nice visual punch to the neighborhood. I can’t recall ever scoping against FX… they always have time to be adding more stuff. Our FX folks submitted their own long list of things they wanted to work on because there wasn’t enough for them to do. Now, you can’t take the FX team and ask them to add pools to the game. They don’t have the work skills to do it; neither do I. Pools, toddlers… they’re extremely complex features that require months of man hours of work across multiple disciplines and introduce significant risk. If we were to have added one of those to the game, there would have been two choices for us… cut many small features, or cut one other significantly large feature. And again, it isn’t equivalent - you can’t just cut a large feature and expect it to line up; you have to cut enough to get all the numbers for each discipline in the green, which means cutting extra to get to the point where the hardest hit discpline has enough time to do their necessary work for it. Now you’ve created free time for other disciplines who previously had work, but are left twiddling their thumbs… so you need to find work for them to do that only impacts the areas that you have time to spend in. If you look at one weird aspect of the game and wonder why it took priority over something that seemed important to you, it’s entirely possible it was something that the right people had time to work on without disrupting the busy people. Game development is a constant puzzle where you’re matching headcount and skill sets against features, schedule, and budget, and you’re trying to make everything fit just right with as few gaps as possible. Unfortunately time isn’t like money; you can’t go into debt on time and pay it back later." —Graham Nardone, July 2, 2014 | Image

Features Removed or Not Included

Suspected but not confirmed (Sim Gurus will not answer the many Simmers who have asked.)

• No Terrain or Water Tools (flat lots only/ponds are objects)
  • Can’t place ANY lots; can only change pre-placed lot types (i.e. commercial to residential)
  • No Ownable Cars (or taxis and school buses):  There’s no garages or driveways in the build mode video and in response to a question about transportation: “It doesn’t really make sense to ride one [tram or steamboat] with the way our neighborhoods are set up.†—Trevor Lindsey  (Walking to the edge of the lot and teleporting is the only type of “transportation†mentioned so far.)
  • No Ghosts and Aliens:   No clue.
Community Reaction

The community was not happy — to put it mildly — about finding out The Sims 4 would not ship with pools or toddlers.  From parody videospolls, petitions on the forums, comics, heartfelt posts, a petition on change.org with upwards of 15,000 signatures in little over a week and dozens of articles written about it from IGN to Kotaku.  A big deal was made.

EA’s Response

Nothing.  Rich Hilleman decided long ago that people lie and those who complain the loudest are EA’s biggest customers.  EA equates outrage and customer complaints with sales so there’s no incentive for them to spend the money needed to put out a finished product.  They’re betting we’ll buy it anyway.