Transformation Tuesday: Before/After Pics

Lsuboi89

Amazing work! You should be so proud, you look great. I'm working on the opposite transformation, sort of. A year and a half ago, I was underweight and just really unhealthy. I only ate a small amount of food, didn't work out, everything I ate was basically unhealthy, sleeping schedule was all fucked up, I was truly a mess. I had no muscle, was basically just a stick. I remember my family being shocked at how skinny I looked (I'd always been average weight for the most part). 

Somehow, I managed to get motivated and start working out. I wanted to get more muscular. My workouts sucked for a while. Still didn't care about eating healthy. Over the past year and a half, I learned a lot and now I'm really focused on being completely healthy. Mainly only eat healthy food, hard workouts, drinking lots of water, getting plenty of sleep, getting rid of bad habits, etc.

I've gained 40+ pounds since then and only increased my body fat by 3-4%. I'm still not all that happy with my body as I want to get big and I still think I look pretty average and not muscular enough haha but it's a huge improvement over how I looked a year and a half ago. I can definitely say I don't look like a stick anymore, I look healthier, and I do have some muscle.

I'm really excited to see how much progress I make from now on now that I've got my shit together and know what I'm doing. Just waiting for an injury to heal first though. 

Again, amazing work! You're awesome man :bow:

That is awesome. My uncle did the same thing with the gaining weight. She has pecks and arms are growing. He looks better than he every did. I have only gained 20 lbs of muscle so far I want to gain another 15-20 to be where i want. I think gaining muscle is the hardest part. 40+ is insane, congrats on that. that is what my goal is. So you are already steps ahead of me. That's a huge accomplishment. 

That is awesome. My uncle did the same thing with the gaining weight. She has pecks and arms are growing. He looks better than he every did. I have only gained 20 lbs of muscle so far I want to gain another 15-20 to be where i want. I think gaining muscle is the hardest part. 40+ is insane, congrats on that. that is what my goal is. So you are already steps ahead of me. That's a huge accomplishment. 

Thanks! 15-20 is still great and yeah I definitely agree about gaining muscle being the hardest part. You really have to make sure you're eating the right things, training right, and working hard. It takes a lot of patience too because it can't just happen overnight. You could work for a few months and still not notice a big difference. I probably put on around 30 cuz of the body fat difference (i gained about 10 in fat if i got that right) but yeah, I didn't really realize it was that much till now. I always thought it was more fat cuz I don't think I look that muscular but I think it's bc I just started off with a really small amount of muscle. You could be right where I'm at tbh or even ahead of me tho cuz it all depends on how much muscle you had before starting to try to gain. :)

Thanks! 15-20 is still great and yeah I definitely agree about gaining muscle being the hardest part. You really have to make sure you're eating the right things, training right, and working hard. It takes a lot of patience too because it can't just happen overnight. You could work for a few months and still not notice a big difference. I probably put on around 30 cuz of the body fat difference (i gained about 10 in fat if i got that right) but yeah, I didn't really realize it was that much till now. I always thought it was more fat cuz I don't think I look that muscular but I think it's bc I just started off with a really small amount of muscle. You could be right where I'm at tbh or even ahead of me tho cuz it all depends on how much muscle you had before starting to try to gain. :)

True, Yeah eating right is definitely key. I've eaten Paleo for the past year and half or so and doing crossfit. I know i'm on the right track for sure. My whole mindset changed from where i was so I take small victories now. Like increase in weights, etc. I finally hit the 300 lb deadlift mark a few months ago, was a great moment, or doing my first ever hand stand pushup. I'm giving myself another year and a half to 2 years to be where i want. I know it will take about that based on the progress i have made so far. Patience is definitely key, it's frustrating as hell. But my trainer always used to tell me "you can't be a superstar everytime, just come back stronger the next day" so that's the philosphy. Hopefully the next 2 years will fly by like the last year and a half lol. 

True, Yeah eating right is definitely key. I've eaten Paleo for the past year and half or so and doing crossfit. I know i'm on the right track for sure. My whole mindset changed from where i was so I take small victories now. Like increase in weights, etc. I finally hit the 300 lb deadlift mark a few months ago, was a great moment, or doing my first ever hand stand pushup. I'm giving myself another year and a half to 2 years to be where i want. I know it will take about that based on the progress i have made so far. Patience is definitely key, it's frustrating as hell. But my trainer always used to tell me "you can't be a superstar everytime, just come back stronger the next day" so that's the philosphy. Hopefully the next 2 years will fly by like the last year and a half lol. 

Yeah, that's true. I haven't even hit 300lb deadlift yet so that's great. My goal is just to start loving and getting obsessed with the lifting so I actually look forward to it instead of just trying to get another workout done. I'm really determined and excited to get going once my injury heals. I'm gonna start focusing more on strength and increasing weights too cuz my last workout program I was on was focused more on hypertrophy 

Yeah, that's true. I haven't even hit 300lb deadlift yet so that's great. My goal is just to start loving and getting obsessed with the lifting so I actually look forward to it instead of just trying to get another workout done. I'm really determined and excited to get going once my injury heals. I'm gonna start focusing more on strength and increasing weights too cuz my last workout program I was on was focused more on hypertrophy 

Sorry about the injury. I'm nursing one too. It freaking sucks when you make progress and have to stop to let stuff heal. Yeah and take your time with the increases. I try and get better each week and increase by 5-10 lbs. Sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't. If i can't, I just attempt my "3 tries to fail" technique my trainer taught me. If you can't lift it the first time, try two more. if you still can't then you have something to work toward the next time. You don't want to injure yourself more. Stick with good form too. I see too many friends get injured because they try and do it the wrong way to get more weight, which ends up costing them more. If you can't do it, then work up to it. I definitely learned to leave my ego at the door with crossfit. Some of those athletes are just insane. 

Sorry about the injury. I'm nursing one too. It freaking sucks when you make progress and have to stop to let stuff heal. Yeah and take your time with the increases. I try and get better each week and increase by 5-10 lbs. Sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't. If i can't, I just attempt my "3 tries to fail" technique my trainer taught me. If you can't lift it the first time, try two more. if you still can't then you have something to work toward the next time. You don't want to injure yourself more. Stick with good form too. I see too many friends get injured because they try and do it the wrong way to get more weight, which ends up costing them more. If you can't do it, then work up to it. I definitely learned to leave my ego at the door with crossfit. Some of those athletes are just insane. 

Thanks, it really does suck. I just wanna be making progress but if anything I feel like I'm regressing just sitting here.  :4music: That 3 tries to fail actually does work. I've never heard of it before but I have had times when it feels too heavy the first time but then I'll try again and am able to pull through. I always make sure to stick to good form. You're right, it's so important. You gotta make sure you're hitting the right muscles and don't injure yourself. Thanks for the advice!

Do you have a specific body in mind? (post pictures/examples?)