I made my friend lose 22 pounds

Marika

YAY, I'm so happy, I thought I should share. She used to weigh 242 pounds and now she is 220. It took about 1 half a month, I gave her a diet she followed it she still continues! Any other tips that can help her to lose some more? Her goal is 132 and I wanna help her reach it. :)

• Like 1

Crossfit did wonders for me. I do advocare, the 24 day challenge is pretty good. I made my aunt try it, because she was at a plateau, she weighed 143 within 14 days she lost 8 lbs, didn't change anything or workout really. But crossfit, paleo, and advocare are what helped me lose 6 inches off my hips, 5 off my stomach and cut my body fat by 6.2%. For the first time in my life i'm actually in the athletic range, so hope those help. If she's not ready to do crossfit, biking on the stationary bike is a great way to do cardio and lose weight. 

Crossfit did wonders for me. I do advocare, the 24 day challenge is pretty good. I made my aunt try it, because she was at a plateau, she weighed 143 within 14 days she lost 8 lbs, didn't change anything or workout really. But crossfit, paleo, and advocare are what helped me lose 6 inches off my hips, 5 off my stomach and cut my body fat by 6.2%. For the first time in my life i'm actually in the athletic range, so hope those help. If she's not ready to do crossfit, biking on the stationary bike is a great way to do cardio and lose weight. 

She never went to gym, she put on that much weight after giving 2 births and she has not enough money for gym. But I will do something more, on her birthday I'll get her a 3 month subscription to gym. After the subscription will end, I believe she'll do some saving to pay the next months. Btw I did crossfit once, it was really cool!

If she can't afford a gym...Air Squats, Interval Training (walk for 2 mins, jog/run for 30seconds, repeat for about 20-30 mins), sit ups, v-ups, pushups, Walking up and down stairs, etc will help. I know when i had my trainer, she had would give me workouts for on vacation when i didn't have weights. 

So something like...

Run/jog/walk for 5mins

3 rounds of:

15 situps

15 pushups

15 air squats

Just mess around with stuff like that. you can change the workouts/times/reps for each. It's free, and it works. As she gets her cardio up, you can increase the reps per workout. Just play around with it and mix it up. A key is to not do the same thing, because your body gets used to it. You want to confuse your muscles. 

• Like 1

If she can't afford a gym...Air Squats, Interval Training (walk for 2 mins, jog/run for 30seconds, repeat for about 20-30 mins), sit ups, v-ups, pushups, Walking up and down stairs, etc will help. I know when i had my trainer, she had would give me workouts for on vacation when i didn't have weights. 

So something like...

Run/jog/walk for 5mins

3 rounds of:

15 situps

15 pushups

15 air squats

Just mess around with stuff like that. you can change the workouts/times/reps for each. It's free, and it works. As she gets her cardio up, you can increase the reps per workout. Just play around with it and mix it up. A key is to not do the same thing, because your body gets used to it. You want to confuse your muscles. 

OMG thank you so much, I'll give her this and I'll try it myself too ;)

No Problem. I was once there, and people helped me out, so i do what i can to help others. I screen Shot some of the workouts she gave me for my vacations. This can give you a little more variety. Again, just play around with the distance, Time, reps etc. 

10384615_10202441806388815_7693139039527

10478178_10202441806428816_2528924008778

10409333_10202441806468817_1427692102429

10456250_10202441806788825_7942053023254

• Like 2

You can mix and match! You want to do 3 days a week at least in workouts. I just pick random ones on vacation, and do them. Like the 15 min Amrap (as many rounds as possible) i might do on monday, then 3 rounds of walking lunges/pushups on wednesday, and then the 21/15/9 (21 of all three moves, 15 of all three moves, 9 of all 3 moves) each lunges/vups/burpees on friday. You can pick the days that work best for you. Sometimes I do 2 workouts, just depends on how i feel and what i have going on while i'm on vacation. Also mix up the Moves. like the 21/15/9, you can do lunges/pushups/situps instead. 

• Like 1

So something like...

Run/jog/walk for 5mins

3 rounds of:

15 situps

15 pushups

15 air squats

This is true. You don't need any machines - just motivation.

• Like 1

Omg I love this thread I am at 240 pound maybe even more :drown: I know I won't have that body I have been dreaming for during the summer but I do want to lose at least 90 pound in maybe 8 months to a year from now. This looks like some great tips. 

It Definitely takes time. I'm a year and a half into it hardcore, and I still probably have another year or two before I get where I want. You can do it though, just put your mind to it. The motivation is the hardest part, once you have that, you will do amazing things and feel great. Good Luck. 

For sure. Motivation is the hardest part. 

Agreed. I read this quote every day. It just helps in general...

“Most of you say you want to be successful, but you don’t want it bad. You just kind of want it. You don’t want it badder than you want to party. You don’t want it as much as you want to be cool. Most of you don’t want success as much as you want to sleep. Some of you love sleep more than you love success. If you’re going to be successful you’ve got to be willing to give up sleep. You’ve got to be willing to work off of three hours, two hours-if you really want to be successful some days you’ve got to stay up three days in a row. Because if you go to sleep you might miss the opportunity to be successful. You’ve got to want it that bad.†– Eric Thomas

Agreed. I read this quote every day. It just helps in general...

“Most of you say you want to be successful, but you don’t want it bad. You just kind of want it. You don’t want it badder than you want to party. You don’t want it as much as you want to be cool. Most of you don’t want success as much as you want to sleep. Some of you love sleep more than you love success. If you’re going to be successful you’ve got to be willing to give up sleep. You’ve got to be willing to work off of three hours, two hours-if you really want to be successful some days you’ve got to stay up three days in a row. Because if you go to sleep you might miss the opportunity to be successful. You’ve got to want it that bad.†– Eric Thomas

We all have our routines. I make sure to look at my pictures from 2 years ago everyday. It motivates me to not ever want to get back there. I might post the before and after pics one of these days. 

We all have our routines. I make sure to look at my pictures from 2 years ago everyday. It motivates me to not ever want to get back there. I might post the before and after pics one of these days. 

My problem is that I can't do routines. It pains me to. Ooh, I'd love to see. That's so motivational. Feel free to PM me them if you feel comfortable t3801.gif

It Definitely takes time. I'm a year and a half into it hardcore, and I still probably have another year or two before I get where I want. You can do it though, just put your mind to it. The motivation is the hardest part, once you have that, you will do amazing things and feel great. Good Luck. 

I don't want to have rock hard abs I just want to lose weight so I can be happy and healthy, even though my blood test came back and everything was fine just high cholesterols. But that luck may run out someday. Thanks for the tips though I will use them, and good luck on your journey! May I ask how much you lost?

Thank you, it's just the hardest part to get though and the effort, determination, but everything else will takes it course after you get though that part. 

I don't want to have rock hard abs I just want to lose weight so I can be happy and healthy, even though my blood test came back and everything was fine just high cholesterols. But that luck may run out someday. Thanks for the tips though I will use them, and good luck on your journey! May I ask how much you lost?

Thank you, it's just the hardest part to get though and the effort, determination, but everything else will takes it course after you get though that part. 

Get the myfitnesspal app. It helps

At my biggest I was about 260ish. I got done to 170, but i was way way too small, so I started crossfit and gained 30 lbs of muscle. I want to gain another 15-30 more pounds of muscle. The hardest part after you lose the weight is to understand if you work out, you will gain muscle and the scale will go up. When I had my trainer, she did a good job of measuring my body fat %, and inches. So it helped me realize that i was losing the body fat and inches, yet still going up on the scale. 

Another Piece of advice, don't get discouraged if the first month you don't lose a whole lot. I had to go through this with friends and family members. They would work hard and barely lose. It takes your body about 2/3 months to adjust so you won't see major results until then. I think the first month when i started losing, i lost 5 lbs. and then within two months of that i lost 20 more. Also don't judge by the scale. If you weigh, do it once a week or once every 2 weeks, in the morning. Your body will increase and decrease body weight day to day, so if you weigh everyday, it will discourage you when you gain 2 lbs of water weight. Judge by how you look, how your clothes fit, and how you feel. That's the hardest part. 

I also don't care about the rock hard abs. As long as i feel toned and have a decent body that's all i care about. I just know i feel better and happier. That's my most important thing. I'm also healthy. Can't lie though, it feels great from going from the person people said needed to work out, to the one they are complimenting and asking for advice. 

My problem is that I can't do routines. It pains me to. Ooh, I'd love to see. That's so motivational. Feel free to PM me them if you feel comfortable t3801.gif

Yeah I'll post them. I have an app on my phone so i can put the before and after pics side by side. When i get that done. i'll post them up. 

I started a new topic: Called Transformation Tuesday: Before and After Pics. I added some pictures there. So you can see the differences. Hope it helps.