if lana is so depressed, why is she still doing it?

Guest Zooey Deschanel

No one would say that publicly if they actually felt that way. Judging by the style of her music, maybe her plan is to be someone like Marilyn Monroe from the future who just before she dies, the world finds out she's sad, just to be dramatic and die like her idols did knowing the world will remember her the same as they remember them. 

First of all: not everything that you read is true; and second: even if EVERYTHING is true and you don't understand it - don't be close minded. Depressed musicians LOVE music and their music is the most honest out there. I, myself, am dealing with depression and anxiety (and I'm also a musician). I am not scared of death, I thought about suicide many times and the only thing that kept me from not doing it is my music. I put all my feelings and thoughts into my songs and I feel better afterwards, but it doesn't last for long. Please don't judge so harshly, you guys. Everything can be looked at from many different angles.

First of all: not everything that you read is true; and second: even if EVERYTHING is true and you don't understand it - don't be close minded. Depressed musicians LOVE music and their music is the most honest out there. I, myself, am dealing with depression and anxiety (and I'm also a musician). I am not scared of death, I thought about suicide many times and the only thing that kept me from not doing it is my music. I put all my feelings and thoughts into my songs and I feel better afterwards, but it doesn't last for long. Please don't judge so harshly, you guys. Everything can be looked at from many different angles.

This. People are so close minded and heartless. I can't. 

I'm not depressed or anything, but (if it's true) i understand she can feel this. One of my friend sometimes talks about death, suicide, that she wants to die young etc. She's just like that. Some people just have a different perspective of what is life for them, because everyone is different, everyone went through different things in life..

And to @iHeartDanceney who said "grow the fuck up and be thankful" just fuck you. We don't even know if it's really true, but if it is, who do you think you are to say this ? I wish you will be depressed or sick or whatever one day in your life and when you will feel bad, people will tell you to shut your mouth and grow up.

This. People are so close minded and heartless. I can't. 

I'm not depressed or anything, but (if it's true) i understand she can feel this. One of my friend sometimes talks about death, suicide, that she wants to die young etc. She's just like that. Some people just have a different perspective of what is life for them, because everyone is different, everyone went through different things in life..

And to @iHeartDanceney who said "grow the fuck up and be thankful" just fuck you. We don't even know if it's really true, but if it is, who do you think you are to say this ? I wish you will be depressed or sick or whatever one day in your life and when you will feel bad, people will tell you to shut your mouth and grow up.

I agree with everything you wrote, except that you wrote you wish for that person who wrote a hateful comment to be sick or depressed. Don't wish that to anyone. :)

Guest Zooey Deschanel

a comment a very wise girl wrote:

I know she's severely depressed but if what she said is true, then she could be hospitalized for suicidal ideation on the grounds of being a danger to herself. It's difficult to get an involuntary hospitalization unless the person states plainly that they are suicidal or they have planned out how they will end their lives. She was very vague with her answers, saying "I don't know. Um.. yeah." Although it's written as a statement, her response sounds more like a question. I'm guessing the media interpreted it the way that would create a more sensational story.

I do think it was partly for publicity. If you have a celebrity that's contemplating suicide, you wouldn't drop the new album info in with that story. Something's not right with this picture.

Also, I think it's abhorrent that both Lana del Ray and the media are glamorizing suicide. There is nothing glamorous about being  depressed and hopeless to the point that the only option a person can think of is to ending their life. There is nothing glamorous about a person, possibly a loved one, finding your body. There's nothing glamorous about your family having to identify you at the morgue if they were fortunate enough not to be the ones who discovered your body. There is nothing glamorous about the heart wrenching grief and emotional turmoil and upheaval your loved will suffer because they lost you.

• Like 1

Guest Zooey Deschanel

She already said that she never said that and is extremely upset with the interviewer for writing false claims.

so she should sue her asap