Lana pulling a Britney but

BritneyJeanSpears

Lana Del Rey is pulling a Britney by not promoting her new single or album but yet is expected to sell 175,000 in her debut week for Ultraviolence. She hasn't been on the cover of magazines, no TV interviews in America, no performances of West Coast but yet still expected to have her best sales ever. Why is this???

tumblr_n585gdkCVf1rdpjfqo1_500.jpg

#BuyUltraviolence

And no i will not buy Ultrashit

I don't even like Lana as a person, but her music is a fucking shit tbh  :cody:  

I think people buy her record because that kind of music is very popular at the moment. not many people listen to pop/dance anymore... they're more into alternative music etc. same with fashion and other stuff... being "hipster" ; "vintage" or whatever is fucking popular now and her music fits it. 

• Like 1

I think people buy her record because that kind of music is very popular at the moment. not many people listen to pop/dance anymore... they're more into alternative music etc. same with fashion and other stuff... being "hipster" ; "vintage" or whatever is fucking popular now and her music fits it. 

this  :xf1:

Yup, people only like her cause they think she's not mainstream but theyre making her popular which defeats the purpose. I liked her old music but now every song sounds the same. And i hate how her fans think that she's iconic and all, lets be real here nobody but her stans give a fuck about her. She's a dumbass too, did you hear about that "intergalactic possibilities" thing?

Yup, people only like her cause they think she's not mainstream but theyre making her popular which defeats the purpose. I liked her old music but now every song sounds the same. And i hate how her fans think that she's iconic and all, lets be real here nobody but her stans give a fuck about her. She's a dumbass too, did you hear about that "intergalactic possibilities" thing?

no, what do you mean? 

well, I never liked her music because alternative is not my cup of tea, but I really hate most of her fans. my old friend was a fucking big Lana stan and since she came out with her music and style, my friend started talking with me about death, pain, true love when she was only 14 lol. I don't know her lyrics or anything, but she seems to be a very pessimistic person and I don't like her as an artist... 

Though I generally agree, not all who like alternative and indie music are shitty hipsters.. :overthis: most hipsters don't like Lana because she's too mainstream anyways. UV is a great record and it's way better than BTD. God, can't people just like music for music anymore?

no, what do you mean? 

well, I never liked her music because alternative is not my cup of tea, but I really hate most of her fans. my old friend was a fucking big Lana stan and since she came out with her music and style, my friend started talking with me about death, pain, true love when she was only 14 lol. I don't know her lyrics or anything, but she seems to be a very pessimistic person and I don't like her as an artist... 

Omg dead at your friend :gloria: my friend loves her too and actually said that the song Video Games reminded her of her 7th grade boyfriend which is fucking ridiculous :ewomg: Lana said that she's not really interested in feminism and that she would rather have people "explore our intergalactic possibilities" she has no fucking idea what she's saying :moorangu: 

Though I generally agree, not all who like alternative and indie music are shitty hipsters.. :overthis: most hipsters don't like Lana because she's too mainstream anyways. UV is a great record and it's way better than BTD. God, can't people just like music for music anymore?

yeah, but you can't deny that nowadays many people are trying to be like fucking hipsters... I don't say anything wrong about them, but they're trying so hard to be original and Lana is not like any other mainstream singer in their opinion. I think "real" hipsters don't even care about artists such as Lana Del Rey lol 

Omg dead at your friend :gloria: my friend loves her too and actually said that the song Video Games reminded her of her 7th grade boyfriend which is fucking ridiculous :ewomg: Lana said that she's not really interested in feminism and that she would rather have people "explore our intergalactic possibilities" she has no fucking idea what she's saying :moorangu: 

she's little pathetic  :overthis:

• Like 1

yeah, but you can't deny that nowadays many people are trying to be like fucking hipsters... I don't say anything wrong about them, but they're trying so hard to be original and Lana is not like any other mainstream singer in their opinion. I think "real" hipsters don't even care about stars such as Lana Del Rey lol 

wannabe hipsters are not hipsters though, and most hipsters don't give a flying fuck about who they like. Indie music is my favorite genre of music, but I still stan for Britney. I don't get a rat's ass about what people think, I can't help it that Britney Spears makes perfect pop music :aintevenmad: but I getcha, don't let those basic ass bitches that say the Black Keys understand them and know a band only through their Wikipedia page and a shitty Vice article or Pitchfork review ruin good music for ya :) (tho no shade to the Key's production on UV. I was a skeptic at first, but it came out way better than I thought it would).

and to get something straight, Lana's definitely not indie music in the least. she is good alternative music though, in the most literal sense in that, if you're sick of generic basic shit, she's a nice alternative.

wannabe hipsters are not hipsters though, and most hipsters don't give a flying fuck about who they like. Indie music is my favorite genre of music, but I still stan for Britney. I don't get a rat's ass about what people think, I can't help it that Britney Spears makes perfect pop music :aintevenmad: but I getcha, don't let those basic ass bitches that say the Black Keys understand them and know a band only through their Wikipedia page and a shitty Vice article or Pitchfork review ruin good music for ya :) (tho no shade to the Key's production on UV. I was a skeptic at first, but it came out way better than I thought it would).

and to get something straight, Lana's definitely not indie music in the least. she is good alternative music though, in the most literal sense in that, if you're sick of generic basic shit, she's a nice alternative.

yeah, you're right thats why I'm saying nowadays people try too hard to be hipsters lol. it makes them look funny tbh. that's a good thing if you like Britney and you're proud of it even though you mostly listen to indie music <3 some of my friends were listening to pop music til artists such as Lana or Lorde came out with their not mainstream music and now some of them are just like "wtf never, no one listens to pop music now, it's so shitty" :overthis:  I don't really care what they do, but it's kinda pathetic when you're not yourself at all... 

yeah, you're right thats why I'm saying nowadays people try too hard to be hipsters lol. it makes them look funny tbh. that's a good thing if you like Britney and you're proud of it even though you mostly listen to indie music <3 some of my friends were listening to pop music til artists such as Lana or Lorde came out with their not mainstream music and now some of them are just like "wtf never, no one listens to pop music now, it's so shitty" :overthis:  I don't really care what they do, but it's kinda pathetic when you're not yourself at all... 

Falsity when it comes to music is idiotic and reductive and yeah it is funny & pathetic; when I'm feeling especially douchey i'll call someone out on their tastes just to watch them uncomfortably squirm and spew generic vague opinions that show they have no fucking clue about anything they say they "like".

Love yo music, and love it wholeheartedly <3

i was lovin' her when she first came out but i smartly saw right through her. she be fake in every way. she has too many personas. she shoulda jus' picked one 'n stayed wit' it. first she was an ole hollywood cap'n's lass now shes tryin' t' be a female kurt cobain? she wants us t' feel sorry fer her but she can ne'er get th' tale straight about her past. she even lies about her age. fake from head t' toe.