Britney Calls Out Christina Aguilera and Thanks Lady Gaga in New IG Stories (11/19/21)

heather

• heather changed the title to Britney Calls Out Christina Aguilera and Thanks Lady Gaga in New IG Stories (11/19/21)

I half expecting this to have been deleted by Britney by now, but just checked and it's still there!

Whilst I'm usually a lover of shade and drama, I respectfully disagree with Britney doing this. It's below her. It's never a good look having 2 successful female singers going at one another especially as they're not teenagers anymore. Also Christina did slam the c-ship a few months back I believe so it's not as if she's been silent the whole time. Just during the red carpet event. It might be a wild theory but maybe she would've gotten choked up talking about it? I don't know. 

Britney is human. She has flaws. She has impulse control issues just like most of us do. I think it was a mistake for her to drag Christina in this instance, but lots of people make mistakes. And I have a feeling Christina and Britney will make up and Britney may even post an apology in a few days. She's going through a lot right now and it's understandable. 

Also- that long awaited Gaga collab is basically confirmed now...

Yeah this feels like a misunderstanding on Britney's part and makes her look mean. Dragging her family is correct but this situation is not Christina's business to be honest. I do blame her publicist for being so dismissive and basically telling her to not to speak on it, for what reason I'm not sure. What this confirms for me is Britney and Christina do have tension and if I'm being reasonable it seems Britney is holding on to some hurt and that's why she went off like this. Hopefully it doesn't get worse and hopefully Christina understands and tries to reach out to her privately because the last thing either needs at this time is a beef to play out via social media.

Unfortunately even though every one is basically on Britney's side things like this can hurt othe people's feelings and it's not appropriate to always run to social to respond to non responses.

• Upvote 1

Xtina did speak up for her back in June, I think. But her publicist really fucked it up when he went all "we are not doing that today" in such a mean tone. And she following with the same mean tone made it even worse. It's not about what she didn't say or chose not to say, but the way both her publicist and her handled the situation. She could have just said "I'm really happy for her, she deserves her freedom" and her words, being the same, would have had a completely opposite reaction.

• Like 2

NAH. Britney's feelings are 100% valid and she is NOT in the wrong for expressing them. There are clearly things going on behind the scenes that NONE of us know about. Remember when Cher said everyone heard stories in Vegas? THEY KNEW. They all knew and stayed quiet until it suited them best. Christina has never been genuine towards Britney and took every shot she could to shade her in the past. That post she made AFTER Britney's testimony screams PR, especially considering THIS video and Christina's NASTY tone "wishing her well". That's the real Christina. And Britney ain't here for her fake kindness. So glad she spoke her mind and I hope she keeps it up. That was the LEAST Britney could have said about Christina. 

• Like 3

I don’t think it’s a crime that she didn’t wanna discuss Brit but it was her reaction, she looked irritated at the question and immediately looked to the publicist which we all know means shut this done, then that throw away over the shoulder i’m happy for her is the icing on the cake. Would it of killed her to just smile and say i’m happy for her or just simply say I’d prefer to not discuss any other celebrities tonight.

Yeah Christina’s post in June was sweet but it doesn’t erase all the digs she’s taken at Brit over the years. That look of irritation on her face for simply being asked is most likely what sent Brit over the edge.

• Like 3