Why Britney Spears suddenly deleted her Instagram. Britney Tweets She'll Be Back Soon!

heather

It’s her prerogative.

Britney Spears is sending a “powerful” message by deleting her Instagram amid her 13-year conservatorship, a source exclusively told Page Six on Tuesday.

“She’s happy and in a great place,” the source said, adding, “and silence can be a powerful thing and a powerful message.”

The insider affirmed, “This was her decision.”

The source also shared that the “Overprotected” pop star, 39, is taking some time away from social media “in light of the successful path that she’s been on and continues to be on [following] the news of [her engagement].”

Spears’ attorney, Mathew Rosengart, confirmed separately that it was his client’s choice to take a social media break.

Spears and her longtime boyfriend, Sam Asghari, got engaged on Sunday after five years of dating.

In one of her latest Instagram posts, Spears said the proposal was “worth the wait.”

Our insider also noted that major celebs take social media breaks “all the time,” and this shouldn’t be viewed as something negative for Spears.

https://pagesix.com/2021/09/14/britney-spears-deletes-instagram-amid-conservatorship-battle/

---

Britney said weeks ago she wanted to post less and then ended up not doing that. I think with the engagement and the nasty "get a prenup" comments, the conservatorship being very close to coming to an end— it makes sense to take a break right now. Britney deserve to be happy in this moment, not have comments questioning her judgement instead of wishing her well. I was hoping Sam would post something, maybe he still will.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Glad to know it was her decision and I wouldn’t blame her if it was those rude comments, instead of celebration, people are already thinking your marriage is gonna fail or that your an idiot who wouldn’t think to get one all on your own, it’s gotta hurt.

Agree, it was really alarming how all Sam's comments were well wishes and all Britney's were about a prenup. You can't support her freedom and question her judgement at the same time. I know everyone thought it was so funny that even Octavia Spencer left a prenup comment, but that wasn't funny to me. It was nasty and sad.

4 minutes ago, heather said:

Agree, it was really alarming how all Sam's comments were well wishes and all Britney's were about a prenup. You can't support her freedom and question her judgement at the same time. I know everyone thought it was so funny that even Octavia Spencer left a prenup comment, but that wasn't funny to me. It was nasty and sad.

I agree, I mean it’s one thing to think it, u know out of concern but it’s a whole other thing to actually say it, that’s just rude!!

People need to just learn to bite their tongue.

1 minute ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I agree, I mean it’s one thing to think it, u know out of concern but it’s a whole other thing to actually say it, that’s just rude!!

People need to just learn to bite their tongue.

I hope when Britney comes back she keeps the comments disabled on her Instagram. Time and time again people have proven they don't deserve that privilege.

1 hour ago, edurance said:

I can't wait for Team CON B to release the Glory rejects album without an official Instagram account to promote it :bye5:

They'll probably just use her twitter! Hopefully she'll be out of the conservatorship before that happens and they can scrap the whole thing. As much as I want Britney out of all conservatorship contracts, I don't want an album full of rejects- rejected for a reason! TBH once free, Britney should just buy out what's left of the contract and start completely fresh on her terms. 

4 hours ago, #FreeBritney said:

The answer is that the best way how to limit hit from team con side to her life is delete social media and then they can't use any post against her in court hall. You don't know many posts are not from her? She did it well. Have life without any shitty internet.

This argument is very flawed. 

1) If team con entirely controlled her IG then all Britney and her lawyer have to say in court is that she did not post or consent to posting anything there, so they can't use it against her. 

2) If team con entirely controlled her IG and they wanted to keep these posts up they would. With team con in control they could easily reactivate her account. 

This was clearly Britney's choice and she clearly has access to her social media. No other explanation makes sense. You can't say she didn't make posts and say she deactivated her account at the same time. These two things contradict each other. Either she has access and made posts and deactivated  her account, or team con is completely in control. And if you think that and they want to use her IG against her, they wouldn't deactivate the account. 

15 hours ago, heather said:

This argument is very flawed. 

1) If team con entirely controlled her IG then all Britney and her lawyer have to say in court is that she did not post or consent to posting anything there, so they can't use it against her. 

2) If team con entirely controlled her IG and they wanted to keep these posts up they would. With team con in control they could easily reactivate her account. 

This was clearly Britney's choice and she clearly has access to her social media. No other explanation makes sense. You can't say she didn't make posts and say she deactivated her account at the same time. These two things contradict each other. Either she has access and made posts and deactivated  her account, or team con is completely in control. And if you think that and they want to use her IG against her, they wouldn't deactivate the account. 

Because still that's her account. Main decisions (delete/deactive) are still her. But there are random posts what are not from her hand but from Cassie.

Also, I don't think they re-active it because it was against her decision. They can't do anything now for court case because they are in public eyes.

7 hours ago, #FreeBritney said:

Because still that's her account. Main decisions (delete/deactive) are still her. But there are random posts what are not from her hand but from Cassie.

Also, I don't think they re-active it because it was against her decision. They can't do anything now for court case because they are in public eyes.

In the past, yes, there were very clearly posts that weren't Britney. But that's how most social media is for major celebrities like Britney. She wasn't the only celeb with a social media manager making posts for her. The issue is many fans believed NONE of the posts came from Britney's hand and that's just NOT true. This deactivation proves it, again. 

When have they ever cared about honoring her wishes? Never. They were recently deleting her posts and changing her captions. Britney very clearly has access to the account and chose to deactivate it. If they wanted to use posts against her they would reactivate it, plain and simple. Since they were changing the captions and deleting posts up until she deactivated it.

My point is they can't and couldn't use her posts against her. Whether the account is up or not.