Buzzfeed ranks Britney's best deep cuts

akcvtt

Hi y'all! I'm new to the forum and wanted to share this Buzzfeed list I just saw ranking her best deep cuts. I definitely love all the songs they chose, but feel like they overlooked so many good options, "What U See", "Breathe on Me", "Unusual You", "Inside Out", and "Invitation" to name a few! Curious what everyone else thinks of the list. What songs do you feel are missing?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tommyryan/the-13-best-britney-spears-deep-cuts-5m2oqopvlt

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading they left Unusual You off drives me bats lmao. But let me go read the list, too.

ETA: Ok, this list isn't bad, but I do have a few bones to pick. Shattered Glass instead of Unusual You??? And I say this as a big fan of SG, but if you're only going to pick one off of Circus, it should be UY. 

I'd argue that Hot As Ice and Freakshow aren't really deep cuts, considering their prominence among the GP, especially Freakshow (I mean, it was in her Vegas show almost the entire run). Maybe Hot As Ice, but off of Blackout I think he could have picked a number of better deep cuts: Get Naked, Outta This World (the best non-single on their IMO - too bad it's a Japan cut only), or Toy Soldier. I'm partial to Heaven On Earth and Ooh Ooh Baby, but those seem to get mixed reactions from the fanbase.

So glad he included Cinderella, Lonely, and Can't Make You Love Me (the last two should've been singles!). As How I Roll and Why Should I Be Sad are also good inclusions - two of my favorite songs in her discography!

Thanks for sharing this, it was truly a trip down memory lane. I have distinct memories for all of those songs/albums ... BOMT was the first album I ever bought with my own money ... the Britney album came out when I was in middle school and I remember dancing in my room to so many songs ... I did not appreciate Blackout as much as I should've when it was released - every bar and club in Orlando was blasting Gimme More constantly ... Femme Fatale was released when I had gotten my first job post-college and I listened to it everyday on my way to work and when I was getting ready for going out with my friends (especially How I Roll!). Wow, am I having flashbacks!