Is Britney fulfilling her contract with RCA records? 12 new songs registered from ‘Glory’?

News

VinylmnkyProduct600x600_1_29303dca-8e4f-

Rumor is that 12 news songs registered at ASCAP are for reissue of ‘Glory’. If this is true, Britney might want to fulfill her contract with RCA to get rid of them.

Britney’s record company is behind releasing another edition of the Glory album (2016), but due to the lack of interest on the part of Britney Spears in promoting her career as a protest until the conservatorship is ended, it left the record company in a situation somewhat uncomfortable.

The most possible thing is that the project finally goes ahead because several songs have been recorded. Specifically, 12 songs that were recorded during 2015-2016 for Glory and that could almost make a completely new and different LP.

Following songs are registered:

• “Blinds” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter and Nick Monson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Beauty Sleep” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Mattias Larrsson and Robin Fredriksson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “180 Degrees” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter and Nick Monson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Do It For You” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Mattias Larrsson and Robin Fredriksson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Don’t Count On Me” – Registered with ASCAP.
  • “Don’t Wanna Be Cool” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Mattias Larrsson and Robin Fredriksson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Emotions” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Mattias Larrsson and Robin Fredriksson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “For The Broken” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter and Nick Monson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Hawaii” – Composed and produced by Julia Karlsson, Phoebe Ryan, Anton Rundberg. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Human Touch” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter, Oscar Gorres. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Open” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter and Nick Monson. Registered in ASCAP.
  • “Ropes” – Composed and produced by Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter and Nick Monson. Registered in ASCAP.

Source: itsbritneyspain

View the full article

Of course RCA is going to try and make cash out of this momentum. Recycling stuff from the past is classic Team B and they will try and release it before Team CON is dissolved for sure. By the way, the idea of a new album where all the songs are composed and written by the same two or three producers terrifies me. It's probably all the material from the writing camp that didn't make the cut :watafail:

I definitely wouldn't say no to more Glory tracks. Selfishly though, I think whatever music she puts out next will do well because of all the good will and attention she has been getting so far, and I'd rather that success go to new material than songs that are 5+ years old now. But if it gets her away from RCA, I'm all for it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...