Britney Spears Is ‘Super Relieved’ and ‘Optimistic’ After Choosing New Lawyer

heather

A major #FreeBritney win. Britney Spears is feeling great after Judge Brenda Penny granted her the ability to hire her own lawyer for the first time since the beginning of her conservatorship.

“It was a good day for her yesterday. She said, ‘I’m getting what I want, finally.’ She’s super relieved and happy. Let’s just say she had a good night’s sleep,” a source tells Us Weekly exclusively.

The insider adds that the “Toxic” singer, 39, is feeling “a tremendous amount of relief and [optimism]” following the Wednesday, July 14, hearing. However, she’s remaining rational about the “gigantic” win.

The source says, “It’s heading in the direction she wants. … She’s very optimistic and very realistic.”

Britney chose attorney Mathew Rosengart, a former federal prosecutor, to be her new representation. The decision came after Samuel Ingham III, the court-appointed lawyer who had been handling her case since 2008, resigned in June.

“She did her own research on her new lawyer but he also came highly, highly recommended by someone. She was thrilled with the scope of what he does,” the source adds. “She’s looking forward to working closely with Mathew.”

During Wednesday’s hearing, the Crossroads actress also doubled down on her desire to remove her father, Jamie Spears, as her conservator. Since February 2008, Britney has been unable to make major financial decisions without the approval of her father, 68. At one point, he was also in charge of her personal decisions, but Jodi Montgomery stepped into the role in September 2019.

“I’m here to get rid of my dad and charge him with conservatorship abuse,” the pop star said on Wednesday, adding that she is “extremely scared” of Jamie. “This conservatorship has allowed my dad to ruin my life.”

The Grammy winner also noted that she wants to “press charges” against her father. “If this isn’t abuse, I don’t know what is. … I thought they were trying to kill me,” she said through tears.

According to the insider, Britney’s “priority” is to “get rid of” Jamie as the legal battle continues.

“She’s 100 percent about wanting to charge her father,” the source says. “That’s the next move. … She wants him gone, period.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-is-super-relieved-after-choosing-new-lawyer/

47 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

It’s so hard to believe that it’s her own family doing this to her. Truly breaks my heart. 13 years! She is a very, very strong woman. I’m so curious about who recommended the lawyer - but I’m more glad she got who she wanted and things do appear to be turning a corner. 

Completely agree. Especially the way Britney always cared for and protected her sister, to learn she's just as slimy and shitty as the rest of her family is a hard pill to swallow for us as fans, I can't imagine what it's like for Britney. Rumor is it was Madonna, apparently Rosengart represented her ex in a big case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heather said:

Completely agree. Especially the way Britney always cared for and protected her sister, to learn she's just as slimy and shitty as the rest of her family is a hard pill to swallow for us as fans, I can't imagine what it's like for Britney. Rumor is it was Madonna, apparently Rosengart represented her ex in a big case. 

Aah, Madonna would make sense. Paris was floating around as a name, too. 

and yeah as far as JL: I always thought the mom and dad were slimy, but i figured at least she had her siblings. HA. Yesterday I looked up what Bryan does for a living and was floored. They really all have been riding off of her name and money. Every single one of them. She really has been alone. Thank god she’s at least had Sam for these last few years to bring her some joy. I’m so happy for them, I love them together. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Aah, Madonna would make sense. Paris was floating around as a name, too. 

and yeah as far as JL: I always thought the mom and dad were slimy, but i figured at least she had her siblings. HA. Yesterday I looked up what Bryan does for a living and was floored. They really all have been riding off of her name and money. Every single one of them. She really has been alone. Thank god she’s at least had Sam for these last few years to bring her some joy. I’m so happy for them, I love them together. 

Right! I hope Bryan is next on her list of callouts, I was thinking of that interview Bryan did talking about how Britney wouldn't know how to book a hotel room without the conservatorship and how it's been great for the "family business". Ugh. I seriously don't understand how Britney came from such evil people, it's truly a Cinderella story except she's actually related to the evil.

Before I used to think it was just dumbass fans talking shit whenever they'd go after Sam, now it fully enrages me. He is quite literally the only person around her right now that loves her and supports her. Even his sisters were posting #freebritney images on their Instagrams after her testimony! Something her own sister still refuses to do. I hope Britney is surrounded by and feels the love in the Asghari family and she finds that happy fairytale ending with him and them when this is all over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heather said:

Right! I hope Bryan is next on her list of callouts, I was thinking of that interview Bryan did talking about how Britney wouldn't know how to book a hotel room without the conservatorship and how it's been great for the "family business". Ugh. I seriously don't understand how Britney came from such evil people, it's truly a Cinderella story except she's actually related to the evil.

Before I used to think it was just dumbass fans talking shit whenever they'd go after Sam, now it fully enrages me. He is quite literally the only person around her right now that loves her and supports her. Even his sisters were posting #freebritney images on their Instagrams after her testimony! Something her own sister still refuses to do. I hope Britney is surrounded by and feels the love in the Asghari family and she finds that happy fairytale ending with him and them when this is all over.

Like Bryan has really flown under the radar and I am ready for him to be exposed. “The family business”??? Screw him, there is no family business. NONE OF THEM DO ANY ACTUAL WORK.  He hasn’t had a producer credit (which is a joke in and of itself) since like 2016 - what’s he been doing since then? What’s JL been doing? Same for her mom???? They really watched her get rich and famous, work her butt off constantly, and saw their meal ticket. Just stopped working and jumped on her tailcoats and called it a family business. It’s infuriating. 

Didn’t he also say something in that interview about the women in the family wanting to do what they want or something weird like that? Sounds like he’s just like his father. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Like Bryan has really flown under the radar and I am ready for him to be exposed. “The family business”??? Screw him, there is no family business. NONE OF THEM DO ANY ACTUAL WORK.  He hasn’t had a producer credit (which is a joke in and of itself) since like 2016 - what’s he been doing since then? What’s JL been doing? Same for her mom???? They really watched her get rich and famous, work her butt off constantly, and saw their meal ticket. Just stopped working and jumped on her tailcoats and called it a family business. It’s infuriating. 

Didn’t he also say something in that interview about the women in the family wanting to do what they want or something weird like that? Sounds like he’s just like his father. 

They've been money motivated since 2006 (and probably before that) and don't give one flying fuck about Britney. I cannot fathom that level of narcissistic greed. He's a misogynistic piece of garbage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heather said:

If I was Britney, I’d totally have Sam film me on the phone with it on speaker talking to a hotel and booking a room, then post it to the gram with the following caption.... this one’s for you Brian 🖕🖕

and did u also notice in last nights post when she said...MY fans, lol, correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Brian referring to us as the family’s fans in that interview???

Yeah, the Sam hate enrages me too, he is all she has and is the only person in her world actually supporting her. You know what really pisses me off are the ones who imply that such a young, good looking guy couldn’t possibly wanna be with Britney. As for the ones who think he’s after her money, really, I’m sure dude has access to more money than she does.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

If I was Britney, I’d totally have Sam film me on the phone with it on speaker talking to a hotel and booking a room, then post it to the gram with the following caption.... this one’s for you Brian 🖕🖕

Yeah, the Sam hate enrages me too, he is all she has and is the only person in her world actually supporting her. You know what really pisses me off are the ones who imply that such a young, good looking guy couldn’t possibly wanna be with Britney. As for the ones who think he’s after her money, really, I’m sure dude has access to more money than she does.

I would live for this level of call out! I hope she continues to feel more confident to freely speak her mind as she sees the whole world is backing her up at this point.

YUP it's the ageism and it's gross. Also I can't help but feel like all the questioning of Sam's motives is indirectly questioning Britney's judgement, thus backing the CON perspective that Britney is "susceptible to undo influence" and helping their bogus claims to keep this bullshit going. We all love Britney, but sometimes we gotta remember our place in her life and stop going so hard. Because a lot of fans are acting just like team con, saying all this shit "for her best interest" and not letting Britney live how she wants to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, heather said:

I would live for this level of call out! I hope she continues to feel more confident to freely speak her mind as she sees the whole world is backing her up at this point.

YUP it's the ageism and it's gross. Also I can't help but feel like all the questioning of Sam's motives is indirectly questioning Britney's judgement, thus backing the CON perspective that Britney is "susceptible to undo influence" and helping their bogus claims to keep this bullshit going. We all love Britney, but sometimes we gotta remember our place in her life and stop going so hard. Because a lot of fans are acting just like team con, saying all this shit "for her best interest" and not letting Britney live how she wants to.

Exactly, those comments play right into team CON’s undue influence bullshit. Some fans really are no different than them.

1 hour ago, heather said:

1 hour ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Exactly, those comments play right into team CON’s undue influence bullshit. Some fans really are no different than them.

And like - they’ve been together for 5, 6 years now! This is not a new relationship, it’s obviously solid! That man has put up with shit from the “fans” and her family/team and decided he still loved her and wants to be with her that bad. Now that is LOVE! And people saying he’s with her for money or fame - well, it ain’t working too well. 😂 And I say that jokingly and feeling strongly that he is not with her for either. He works hard himself, doing a lot of different jobs/promos and I’m sure Britney loves that about him. His profile is rising and I believe it’s his work ethic. I saw him in an episode of Hacks and jumped out of my seat - “THAT’S BRITNEY’S MAN, THAT’S SAM, REWIND REWIND!” (I’m not even joking, it was almost embarrassing, I’m such a fan 😭)

I would LOVE for her to call Bryan out, he needs to be humbled. I can’t wait for her to sue them all. 

and some of her fans absolutely treat her with kiddie gloves in a similar fashion as her family. Last time I was on BH I got into it with someone like that who said Britney would need extra help because of her bipolar disorder, which 1) we don’t even know that she has a mental illness and 2) the fuck???? Bipolar people aren’t idiots, they can live freely good lord. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

And like - they’ve been together for 5, 6 years now! This is not a new relationship, it’s obviously solid! That man has put up with shit from the “fans” and her family/team and decided he still loved her and wants to be with her that bad. Now that is LOVE! And people saying he’s with her for money or fame - well, it ain’t working too well. 😂 And I say that jokingly and feeling strongly that he is not with her for either. He works hard himself, doing a lot of different jobs/promos and I’m sure Britney loves that about him. His profile is rising and I believe it’s his work ethic. I saw him in an episode of Hacks and jumped out of my seat - “THAT’S BRITNEY’S MAN, THAT’S SAM, REWIND REWIND!” (I’m not even joking, it was almost embarrassing, I’m such a fan 😭)

I would LOVE for her to call Bryan out, he needs to be humbled. I can’t wait for her to sue them all. 

and some of her fans absolutely treat her with kiddie gloves in a similar fashion as her family. Last time I was on BH I got into it with someone like that who said Britney would need extra help because of her bipolar disorder, which 1) we don’t even know that she has a mental illness and 2) the fuck???? Bipolar people aren’t idiots, they can live freely good lord. 

He’s also her longest relationship, he was working before her and he’s still working, sure dating her gets him more opportunities but he’s still going out and grinding, can’t say the same for Kevin, who’s still living off Brit’s money!!!

I really can’t stand the armchair psychologists. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

At most all Britney needs is a good life coach to vent to. I don't think she even needs therapy, just someone she can trust and talk through her traumas with. The conservatorship took enough from her, but she's making it very clear she's capable of handling her life on her own. She always was. Fans needs to let her fly the way she wants to as much as her family and team con do, because that's what REAL love is. Letting that person be the person they want to be and not what you want them to be, and still accepting them for all that they are— good and bad.

• Like 1