Britney’s team insist that she is in charge of her social media!

News

ob_c74a6e_britney.jpg?resize=533%2C400&s

Britney Spears’ camp is adamant the pop star is in charge of her own social media posts, and tells us she isn’t speaking with former makeup artist Billy Brasfield — who has joined a chorus claiming Spears’ latest Instagram post was not written by her.

This week, Spears posted that she was “embarrassed” by the New York Times’ “Framing Britney Spears” documentary and “cried for two weeks.” But fans speculated that the post wasn’t entirely written by the “Toxic” singer.

Her former makeup artist, Brasfield — who has also worked with Mariah Carey, Beyoncé and Christina Aguilera — claimed to Page Six on Wednesday that he personally spoke to Spears, and that she told him she had no control over the caption.

But a representative for Spears told us that the star said of Brasfield’s claims, “I don’t speak to Billy, I don’t know who he is speaking with. It’s not me. I haven’t talked to him in years.”

The rep told us that Spears reiterated: “I write my own posts, I don’t know why he is saying that.”

Brasfield — who worked with Spears on “The X Factor” in 2012 through her 2013 video “Scream and Shout” — had told Page Six of the post, “I immediately knew it was not her,” alleging, “I texted her about it and she texted me back last night.”

But Brasfield is not backing down and continues to allege he is talking to Spears. “I am not going to say that this person [her rep] is lying, it’s just that they don’t know,” he told us. “I am in touch with Britney Spears.”

Fans have been speculating that Spears, 39, didn’t write the post in question, with one commenter tweeting, “There is not a single chance that Britney wrote this #FreeBritney.”

But Cassie Petrey — who runs social media for Spears via the company Crowd Surf — in February commented on the rumors about Spears’ social media by insisting, “Britney creates her own posts and writes her own captions for Instagram.”

Petrey also said, “She finds the Google images, Pinterest images, quotes, memes and everything else herself. Nobody is suggesting any of that stuff to her.”

Source: Page Six

View the full article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy B is delusional and causing more "harm" to the movement than good. He is NOT friends with nor is he talking to Britney! He was CAUGHT lying about it yet still goes on with his delusions. I've stated for years that it's always very easy to tell when Britney is posting and when she isn't. I don't think that's changed. I was actually looking through a lot of her older posts from 2013-2017 era and they're really not much different than they are now. Swap a fashion show for a dancing video. She's always posted quotes and other Google found images too. She's always used multiple exclamation points, emojis, and the like. You know what is different? The "movement".

If he’s speaking to anyone then it’s a good catfish, it just doesn’t make sense that Britney would reach out and confide in someone she’s worked with only a handful of times a number of years ago. Plus, if the cship is as strict as it appears to be and she’s allegedly been punished and is scared of her dad, why would the person she’s confiding in tell the world about it, wouldn’t that person be afraid it would get her in trouble???

If she’s confiding in anyone, it’s her boyfriend, it’s Laura Lynne, Courtney or Jansen and they’d know to keep anything that could get her in trouble to themselves. Not some occasional make up person.