Billy Brasfield says he personally spoke to Britney and that she told him she had no control over the caption!

News

billy-b-britney-spears.jpg?resize=618%2C

Britney Spears’ fans have speculated that a new Instagram post — in which she says she was “embarrassed,” by the NY Times’ “Framing Britney Spears” documentary and “cried for two weeks” — was not entirely written by the pop star.

Now, her former makeup artist Billy Brasfield is adding to the chorus, claiming to Page Six he personally spoke to Britney and that she told him she had no control over the caption.

In a post showing Britney dancing, the caption from her own Instagram states, “I didn’t watch the documentary but from what I did see of it I was embarrassed by the light they put me in … I cried for two weeks and well …. I still cry sometimes !!!!”

Brasfield, who has also worked with Mariah Carey, Beyonce and Christina Aguilera, contends of Britney, “The content is her, but … the words are NOT how she feels.”

Brasfield posted on his Instagram claiming that Britney told him that, “Of course watching certain things that are now so far in HER past … circumstances that she has already lived through, and has moved beyond, that are now being brought up over and over, can be #emotional. She ‘deals’ with it, and frankly very well … she is not ‘fragile’.”

Brasfield — who worked with Britney on “The X Factor” in 2012 through her 2013 video “Scream and Shout” — tells Page Six of the post, “I immediately knew it was not her,” alleging, “I texted her about it and she texted me back last night.”

“What was upsetting [about the post] — it was basically a narrative denouncing her fans and the Free Britney movement and people now taking a very conscious look at the facts and what is going on,” he tells us.

“Although it might be complicated for her, of course she is invested. It’s her life. She does not like being a victim, she never wanted to be a victim and doesn’t see herself as a victim. She sees herself as a survivor and has navigated this with patience and strategy.”

Brasfield believes that the post was meant to distract people from what is currently happening in court with Britney’s financial matters and conservatorship.

On Tuesday, Page Six reported that Britney’s father Jamie, who functions as her conservator, filed legal papers seeking to have the “Toxic” singer’s estate pay more than $3 million in legal fees — including nearly $2 million to his own lawyers.

“If approved by the judge, this money would come from Britney’s estate, meaning she essentially would be paying her own father’s lawyers to fight her in court,” a source told Page Six.

Jamie has also requested to continue receiving $16,000 per month for his role as co-conservator of the estate — as well as $2,000 per month for an office space.

Fans have been speculating Britney did not write the social post, with one tweeting “There is not a single chance that Britney wrote this #FreeBritney.”

But Cassie Petrey, who runs Spears social media for the company Crowd Surf, in February commented on the rumors, insisting, “Britney creates her own posts and writes her own captions for Instagram.”

“She finds the Google images, Pinterest images, quotes, memes and everything else herself. Nobody is suggesting any of that stuff to her.”

Continuing, “Britney is not ‘asking for help’ or leaving secret messages in her social media. She is literally just living her life and trying to have fun on Instagram. My work on Britney’s social media does not involve her conservatorship in any way. That’s a court and lawyer thing … These are facts.”

A separate source close to Britney’s camp insists that the superstar wrote the social media post and alleged of Brasfield, “If he thinks he is speaking with Britney, he is not. He has no relationship with her. Maybe he is being catfished by someone pretending to be her.”

Source: PageSix

View the full article

Billy B has been caught lying about his relationship with Britney and was cut from the documentary because of it but okay let's believe him now cause it fits the narrative :overthis: The only thing I agree with him about is that Britney doesn't want to be a victim. And there was nothing victimizing herself in the caption nor was she denouncing fans or the "movement". She spoke about the MEDIA and how they treat her.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I’m sick of everything, only way we’re ever gonna know the truth is if she is set free and we see what changes and what doesn’t.

same :overthis: we cant trust what she says or anyone says at this point, and honestly, unless whatever is being talked about is a smoking gun against her dad -- its pointless. 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:11 AM, heather said:

Billy B has been caught lying about his relationship with Britney and was cut from the documentary because of it but okay let's believe him now cause it fits the narrative :overthis: The only thing I agree with him about is that Britney doesn't want to be a victim. And there was nothing victimizing herself in the caption nor was she denouncing fans or the "movement". She spoke about the MEDIA and how they treat her.

Actually i see this post as 50:50. I cant agree and i cant disagree until britney spill whole tea.

1 hour ago, Bretyna Speransky said:

Actually i see this post as 50:50. I cant agree and i cant disagree until britney spill whole tea.

Yes that's why I believe the part about Britney not wanting to be seen as a victim because she's expressed that herself, I don't believe she told Billy B that. 

55 minutes ago, Bretyna Speransky said:

The best is make final decision after Britney say (in video?) if she wrote it or not. At this time is everything (im)possible.

I don't need Britney to say it in video. Why should she? So everyone can say she didn't mean it and was reading off a script? No thanks. I'll go with my gut and my gut says she wrote it.