Page Six reports that according to an insider, Britney’s life ‘would be drastically better’ without dad Jamie

News

005_957-e1616802010571-1085x800.jpg?resi

Life “would drastically change for the better” for Britney Spears if her father was removed as her conservator, insiders say.

Her attorney has filed a petition this week to have Jodi Montgomery officially replace the pop star’s father, Jamie Spears, as the permanent conservator over the singer’s personal matters.

If the judge agrees to this in an April 27 hearing – getting her out of the control of her father – Britney, 39, could begin to have the freedom to perform again and even do that big tell all interview with Oprah Winfrey that fans are clamoring for, according to a source.

The insider told Page Six, “If Jodi becomes her conservator things would drastically change for Britney — she’s not working because of her dad. She has said that as long as a dad is in control of her life, she’s not working.

“Britney trusts Jodi Montgomery — she’s really great. Things would drastically change for the better.”

As for the Harry and Meghan-style big interview, the source added, “If she decided she wanted to do it, yes, but it definitely wouldn’t do it in the current status quo. As long as her dad is part of it, she’s not working. She hasn’t talked to her dad in over a year.”

Montgomery, who is Britney’s care manager, has been the “Toxic” singer’s conservator since 2019 when she temporarily replaced Jamie while he recuperated from health issues. A judge recently extended Montgomery’s temporary role until September 2021.

However, Jamie remains the co-conservator over her estate alongside Bessemer Trust. He has been in control of her life — and her finances — since 2008, following her public breakdown.

In November, Britney’s lawyers stated the star did not want Jamie, 68, to oversee her personal matters anymore since she was allegedly “afraid” of her dad. Her attorney also told the court, “She will not perform again if her father is in charge of her career.”

Jamie’s attorney, Vivian Lee Thoreen, has vehemently denied these allegations.

Jamie previously blasted supporters of the #FreeBritney movement who believe he doesn’t have his daughter’s best interest at heart, telling Page Six, “It’s up to the court of California to decide what’s best for my daughter. It’s no one else’s business.”

He added, “I love my daughter. I love all my kids. But this is our business. It’s private.”

Rrd3p9Gw7jssPFUbHXQc.jpg?resize=700%2C39

Source: Page Six

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic