Britney Spears Asks for Jodi Montgomery to be Permanent Conservator of her Person

heather

1 hour ago, Bretyna Speransky said:

What about ask for end this whole shit and leave her alone life her own life? :orangu:

That option is still open. It seems Britney and Ingham's strategy is to get rid of Jamie first. Right now Jodi is only temporary, meaning Jamie could come back as her personal conservator at anytime. Having Jodi be permanent removes that possibility.

• Sad 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:20 PM, heather said:

The woman who's been in charge of many of Britney Spears' personal choices for about 2 years now has done a fine job -- so says Britney herself, who's asking to bring her on permanently -- but her lawyer wants to reserve the right to end the conservatorship.

New court docs were just filed in Britney's conservatorship case, and they reveal the singer wants Jodi Montgomery to become the new full-time conservator of her person going forward ... while noting she asked for her father, Jamie Spears, to resign from the position for good.

According to the paperwork, obtained by TMZ, Britney notes Jamie relinquished that power temporarily in September of 2019 ... and Jodi was appointed a temporary conservator of her person at that time. Now it looks like Britney wants to keep Jodi in the position going forward. Sources connected to the case tell us ... Jamie has no objections to the change, and Britney really likes Jodi in that role. He's fine with it.

As for the difference between the conservator of Britney's person and Britney's estate -- the latter of which Jamie is still co-conservator alongside Bessemer Trust Company -- is that Jodi is basically in charge of Brit's personal decisions, which entails quite a bit in her day-to-day.

The docs lay out exactly what they want Jodi to continue running as it pertains to Britney's well-being -- which include powers to limit visitors (so long as she isn't restricted from access to counsel), retain caretakers and security guards for Britney, prosecute civil harassment restraining orders that may arise and the power to communicate with medical personnel with respect to any treatment for Britney.

As co-conservator of the estate, Jamie still plays a role in managing her finances and business decisions.

Here's another interesting line in the docs that Britney's team filed ... "Petitioner expressly reserves the right to petition for termination of this conservatorship under Probate Code section 1861. Nothing in the within petition shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of that right." Make of that what you will ... but it is underlined and in bold.

TMZ

My thoughts are that there is something legit wrong with Britney, and she does need people to help her; that being said, Dad just needs to go, and let her be. Her needs have clearly changed, and she no longer wants him around; the courts should respect that. I hope one day she can be on her own again, but it is not gonna be overnight like some people think. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Britgirl1980 said:

My thoughts are that there is something legit wrong with Britney, and she does need people to help her; that being said, Dad just needs to go, and let her be. Her needs have clearly changed, and she no longer wants him around; the courts should respect that. I hope one day she can be on her own again, but it is not gonna be overnight like some people think. 

Britney would greatly benefit from a life coach. Someone to guide her through decisions in her life while still letting HER be the one to make them, as well as a professional fiduciary to handle her money. I've said this A LOT. They're making progress with the appointment of Bessemer. Now it's about getting Jamie out for good and then getting rid of Jodi. Anything "wrong" with Britney at this point, in my opinion, was caused BY the conservatorship and no one getting Britney the help she would need to be able to handle life out of it. And yes, you're 100% right it will NOT happen over night. Fans seem to think every court date is a chance the judge will dissolve the conservatorship and that will never happen until Britney and Ingham file that specific paperwork. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, heather said:

Britney would greatly benefit from a life coach. Someone to guide her through decisions in her life while still letting HER be the one to make them, as well as a professional fiduciary to handle her money. I've said this A LOT. They're making progress with the appointment of Bessemer. Now it's about getting Jamie out for good and then getting rid of Jodi. Anything "wrong" with Britney at this point, in my opinion, was caused BY the conservatorship and no one getting Britney the help she would need to be able to handle life out of it. And yes, you're 100% right it will NOT happen over night. Fans seem to think every court date is a chance the judge will dissolve the conservatorship and that will never happen until Britney and Ingham file that specific paperwork. 

I think Jodi will be a lot easier to be rid of than Jamie; and yes, it is possible that the c-ship made whatever problems she was having much worse; there is no doubt in my mind that she suffered a huge relapse around the FF era; she just looked and sounded so different. I have been watching videos during that era, and it was like she was heavily medicated, but she seemed to get better as the tour went along;

at least personality wise. 

Things should have been re-evaluated around that time because something was not right. I guess where Britney never said anything to her lawyer, or the judge, nothing was questioned and changed. This is where I think her kids were used against her; what is different now is that the kids are older and understand what is going on with Mom. 

1 hour ago, Britgirl1980 said:

I think Jodi will be a lot easier to be rid of than Jamie; and yes, it is possible that the c-ship made whatever problems she was having much worse; there is no doubt in my mind that she suffered a huge relapse around the FF era; she just looked and sounded so different. I have been watching videos during that era, and it was like she was heavily medicated, but she seemed to get better as the tour went along;

Things should have been re-evaluated around that time because something was not right. I guess where Britney never said anything to her lawyer, or the judge, nothing was questioned and changed. This is where I think her kids were used against her; what is different now is that the kids are older and understand what is going on with Mom. 

Actually is this c-shit "disadvantageous" for her for that reason. Her sons are older and she accepted c-shit only because of them. Also, they can spend only 30%(!!!) of their time with mom. Also, her father and many other people milk her bank account. And they tried to change her from healthy human to "treated" robot what perform songs with zero life and doing what they want. So i'm glad she is doing everything for change the things for her own benefit.

12 hours ago, Britgirl1980 said:

It's not even that they're older and understand which is true, but I believe the final straw for Britney is when Jamie attacked Preston. It would be for any mother, but especially for Britney who's entire custodial time was reliant on Jamie and the conservatorship.

2 hours ago, heather said:

It's not even that they're older and understand which is true, but I believe the final straw for Britney is when Jamie attacked Preston. It would be for any mother, but especially for Britney who's entire custodial time was reliant on Jamie and the conservatorship.

I agree, and I think she was also pissed that he pulled the plug on Domination; like dangling a carrot over her head to keep her in line; that is not right; to me, a person who is in control of someone’s mental health, you need to do healthy things to build that person up, not treat them like a five year old. I agree with the life coach idea; the c-ship is way too strict for her to function on her own as an adult; or Jamie wanted to just keep it strict because he is on a power trip or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britgirl1980 said:

I agree, and I think she was also pissed that he pulled the plug on Domination; like dangling a carrot over her head to keep her in line; that is not right; to me, a person who is in control of someone’s mental health, you need to do healthy things to build that person up, not treat them like a five year old. I agree with the life coach idea; the c-ship is way too strict for her to function on her own as an adult; or Jamie wanted to just keep it strict because he is on a power trip or something. 

Everything that has come out about Jamie and how he sees Britney (the racehorse comment especially) leads me to believe that all he sees when he looks at Britney is dollar signs and someone to control. In the 12 years of this conservatorship he's done NOTHING to help her handle her life outside of it while claiming that he wishes that could happen. Every time Jamie is gone, Britney thrives. 2016 Bryan was around more and we had the Glory era which was as close to her prime as we've seen since. Right now Jodi's in the picture and despite the ridiculous comments on her Instagram Britney is happy, healthy, seeing her kids, living her life, and having fun doing what SHE wants. It's very clear Jamie is the cause of whatever problems she has and he needs to respect Britney's wishes and leave her alone. Especially if he wants the world to believe he's as much of a loving father as he tries to say he is. SHOW IT THEN, JAMIE.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1