Alli Sims said she carries “a lot of guilt" after she was forced to cut off contact with the pop icon.

HolySpearit

"Alli Sims hasn’t spoken to her cousin Britney Spears since she said Spears’ father threatened her more than a decade ago.

In January 2008, as James “Jamie” Spears sought control of his daughter's affairs, Sims said she received a call warning something would happen to her if she did not cease communicating with the pop icon.

“He 100 percent was threatening me with my life,” said Sims, who left her job working for celebrity event planner Mindy Weiss to move in with Spears as a paid assistant in 2007. “I didn’t put it past him, so I didn’t answer" her calls again."

Okay this is creepy AF! :lul: what I want to know is what he threatened her for? what did she know? why did he need to threaten her?:yaknow:

“How do you watch that documentary and be in it and live in that and not say anything when it has gone on for so long?” Sims told NBC News in her first interview in more than a decade."

makes sense tbh :tbh:  I'm glad she's speaking out now. Maybe this will encourage others he might have intimidated to speak out too. :yes:

Even 13 years removed from the scenes that play out in the documentary, which she described as "accurate," Sims said the experience still impacts her.

The fear of misrepresentation Sims endured in that era alongside one of the biggest celebrities in the world also exposed her, she said, to scrutiny and contributed to her hesitancy to speak publicly for so long.

Sims acknowledged how the optics of some situations the pair found themselves in might have been perceived, but she said she rejects the narrative that is often advanced in the media that shames women as enjoying that attention.

Britney Spears
Britney Spears and Alli Sims, left, watch the Houston Rockets play the Los Angeles Lakers on March 30, 2007, in Los Angeles.Mark J. Terrill / AP file
“Just because I was smiling in a photo going through a drive-thru doesn’t mean that I wanted the attention,” Sims said. “I would have much rather been able to drive around town with nobody bothering us.”

Mundane activities like going to Starbucks for a coffee or picking up groceries put Sims in increasingly dangerous situations.

“We were so exposed,” she said.

The extremes Sims and Spears experienced from media attention often had the pair outnumbered by paparazzi in aggressive pursuits through the streets of Los Angeles or even in Spears’ own backyard, where helicopters were sometimes a fixture tracking Spears’ every move, Sims said.

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/britney-spears-former-assistant-elaborates-tumultuous-time-captured-documentary-n1257909

Praying for a smoking gun to bring him down soon :spearitualney:

25 minutes ago, HolySpearit said:

What did she do to be as bad as Satan Lufti? :ohhh: Asking for real. I honestly don’t remember much except them hitting the clubs and drive throughs together :thinkingpinky:

She is/was friends with Sam and was the person that introduced him into Britney's life. Yeah, she was right there partying away, using and abusing Britney with the rest of them. Jamie is a piece of shit, don't get me wrong, but Alli ain't no saint, and at that time? I don't blame him for doing/saying whatever to get her ass away from Britney.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, heather said:

She is/was friends with Sam and was the person that introduced him into Britney's life. Yeah, she was right there partying away, using and abusing Britney with the rest of them. Jamie is a piece of shit, don't get me wrong, but Alli ain't no saint, and at that time? I don't blame him for doing/saying whatever to get her ass away from Britney.

I didn’t realize she introduced him to Britney :omgwut: dafuq how did a nobody from some butthole town, Louisiana even know him?? :zomg: thank you for informing me, bb:(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HolySpearit said:

I didn’t realize she introduced him to Britney :omgwut: dafuq how did a nobody from some butthole town, Louisiana even know him?? :zomg: thank you for informing me, bb:(

She was a wanna be singer at the time and I believe even had a song come out after everything went down and she was exiled from Britney's life. From what I remember too they aren't even actually cousins, but more of a family friend kind of thing where you're close enough to call them a cousin but there's no actual shared blood, you know? Alli Sims is the definition of leach. 

3 hours ago, heather said:

She was a wanna be singer at the time and I believe even had a song come out after everything went down and she was exiled from Britney's life. From what I remember too they aren't even actually cousins, but more of a family friend kind of thing where you're close enough to call them a cousin but there's no actual shared blood, you know? Alli Sims is the definition of leach. 

:what: wuuut...wow.. thanks for sharing that! :tbh:

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 7:06 AM, heather said:

She was cousin by a marriage that was no longer in union. Didn't she also call the paparazzi whenever she went out with Britney? Or that may have been just a rumor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

She was cousin by a marriage that was no longer in union. Didn't she also call the paparazzi whenever she went out with Britney? Or that may have been just a rumor.

Yes, thank you! I remembered it was something stupid, not a legit cousin situation. Sam did, so I have no doubts she would have too!  I also remember her being friends with Jason Kennedy I think his name was, one of those trash E! News reporters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, heather said:

Yes, thank you! I remembered it was something stupid, not a legit cousin situation. Sam did, so I have no doubts she would have too!  I also remember her being friends with Jason Kennedy I think his name was, one of those trash E! News reporters.

Yeah one of the things I’ve noticed this fandom struggles with (generally speaking) is hating Jamie and Lou so much, they start giving passes to others who were also bad for her. First Lufti and now Alli. They’re having a love fest for her on Twitter (though some people are pointing out how she was also trash at that time). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Yeah one of the things I’ve noticed this fandom struggles with (generally speaking) is hating Jamie and Lou so much, they start giving passes to others who were also bad for her. First Lufti and now Alli. They’re having a love fest for her on Twitter (though some people are pointing out how she was also trash at that time). 

Yup! Everyone's so desperate for information they're seeking out the people that helped put Britney in her current situation just to get some tea. It's beyond gross and especially dangerous when they talk to and try to make Lutfi a good guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I think Alli was definitely an enabler/clout chaser but not as villainous as Sam and where is it said that Alli introduced Sam to Britney, Lynne was the one interacting with him first. Was it Alli who got Sam an in with Lynne, cuz he had to have gotten it from somewhere.

Alli introduced them at some club! I don't think he got into contact with Lynne through her, his story was always about trying to help Britney and Lynne reconcile. I also don't think she's as bad as Sam, but she's no angel either and I don't have an ounce of sympathy for her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I think Alli was definitely an enabler/clout chaser but not as villainous as Sam and where is it said that Alli introduced Sam to Britney, Lynne was the one interacting with him first. Was it Alli who got Sam an in with Lynne, cuz he had to have gotten it from somewhere.

This is so sad. Britney´s only family should be Felicia :(

• Sad 1

On 2/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, MonaLisa613 said:

that was my impression of Alli too :yes: