James requests for another team of lawyers to be added to his current team of lawyers!!!

MonaLisa613

But I thought so much of her money was already being used up by lawyers that she should be denied a team of lawyers to add to the ONE she has.

I guess it’s only a waste of money when it’s going toward Britney. I hope the judge denies this AND calls out his hypocrisy!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BritneyHiatus/status/1321874951029157888

It also seems that one of the lawyers on this new team he wants to add was used before to help put Britney in the cship.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BritneyHiatus/status/1321886854816260096

This doesn't surprise me, the whole reason she needed more lawyers was because they suspected Jamie would "aggressively fight" her wishes. I do think it's rather ridiculous that not only does Jamie think he needs MORE lawyers, but thinks that Britney should fund the team that's fighting against her. Hopefully the judge sees this for what it is, but I also hope there's no meltdowns if the judge rules in Jamie's favor.

38 minutes ago, heather said:

This doesn't surprise me, the whole reason she needed more lawyers was because they suspected Jamie would "aggressively fight" her wishes. I do think it's rather ridiculous that not only does Jamie think he needs MORE lawyers, but thinks that Britney should fund the team that's fighting against her. Hopefully the judge sees this for what it is, but I also hope there's no meltdowns if the judge rules in Jamie's favor.

I’m not surprised either and at least it is in the paperwork that Britney wanted additional lawyers exactly for this reason. Hopefully, the judge is smart enough to catch what he’s doing.

Oh there for sure will be meltdowns if it’s approved and IMO, this time a meltdown will be warranted, he’s already got like four lawyers, she shouldn’t have to foot the bill for another group for him.

38 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I’m not surprised either and at least it is in the paperwork that Britney wanted additional lawyers exactly for this reason. Hopefully, the judge is smart enough to catch what he’s doing.

Oh there for sure will be meltdowns if it’s approved and IMO, this time a meltdown will be warranted, he’s already got like four lawyers, she shouldn’t have to foot the bill for another group for him.

I don't think meltdowns are ever warranted tbh it just makes the entire fanbase seem like crybabies. But, I can see the judge going either way with this and why they would. Hopefully Ingham will bring it tomorrow the way he has been the past couple of months.

57 minutes ago, heather said:

I don't think meltdowns are ever warranted tbh it just makes the entire fanbase seem like crybabies. But, I can see the judge going either way with this and why they would. Hopefully Ingham will bring it tomorrow the way he has been the past couple of months.

Normally I do agree that the meltdowns make the whole fan base look bad (esp. over stupid shit like scrapped music videos or album content or promotional stuff not going the way fans wanted) but with the court shit, this is real life stuff which affects her quality of life and sometimes it’s just too infuriating to hold all feelings in when she gets screwed over esp. when it’s her own money being used to screw her, it’s just so fucked up.

11 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Normally I do agree that the meltdowns make the whole fan base look bad (esp. over stupid shit like scrapped music videos or album content or promotional stuff not going the way fans wanted) but with the court shit, this is real life stuff which affects her quality of life and sometimes it’s just too infuriating to hold all feelings in when she gets screwed over esp. when it’s her own money being used to screw her, it’s just so fucked up.

I think a lot of the times people are uneducated about the real life court stuff so it makes the meltdowns that much worse because they're crying over shit they don't understand. For example, this. IF the judge does grant Jamie's request it's likely because he'll be able to prove the caliber of lawyers he has now isn't adequate compared to the ones Britney was able to hire. While I think it's messed up she'd have to pay for it, this is common in court cases even when it's not like this. The losing party often has to pay the winning parties attorney fees. Plus the loudest meltdowns come from the people that are still continuing to spread false information about the conservatorship in general and making the whole thing much worse than it already is, which is saying a lot because the facts are bad enough.

56 minutes ago, heather said:

I think a lot of the times people are uneducated about the real life court stuff so it makes the meltdowns that much worse because they're crying over shit they don't understand. For example, this. IF the judge does grant Jamie's request it's likely because he'll be able to prove the caliber of lawyers he has now isn't adequate compared to the ones Britney was able to hire. While I think it's messed up she'd have to pay for it, this is common in court cases even when it's not like this. The losing party often has to pay the winning parties attorney fees. Plus the loudest meltdowns come from the people that are still continuing to spread false information about the conservatorship in general and making the whole thing much worse than it already is, which is saying a lot because the facts are bad enough.

Idk, I guess the way I look at it is as peaceful protesters and looters, fans who are simply using the court documents to showcase that something isn’t right esp. when lawyers explain the paperwork to fans like some have been doing is just a form of peaceful protest, which in this country we do have a right to do. The problem is when certain fans start getting aggressive, tweeting her family, wishing death, wishing harm, veering away from the official documents and making up claims, that to me is equivalent to looting and helps nothing, that I do have a problem with cuz just like other kinds of protests, the looting suddenly becomes all people talk about, those particular fans are a problem.

8 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Idk, I guess the way I look at it is as peaceful protesters and looters, fans who are simply using the court documents to showcase that something isn’t right esp. when lawyers explain the paperwork to fans like some have been doing is just a form of peaceful protest, which in this country we do have a right to do. The problem is when certain fans start getting aggressive, tweeting her family, wishing death, wishing harm, veering away from the official documents and making up claims, that to me is equivalent to looting and helps nothing, that I do have a problem with cuz just like other kinds of protests, the looting suddenly becomes all people talk about, those particular fans are a problem.

Yup! That's my issue. The ones making shit up and running with it are the ones that get the most attention, just take a look at her Instagram comments! A few "fans" run with wild theories of her being a locked up kidnapped prisoner and now there's comments left and right questioning whether or not Britney is even alive! Meanwhile the fans that are sharing factual information via official documents are ignored. That's why I don't like the meltdowns, because the ones that are getting that attention are the ones that are making shit up and it makes all of us, and Britney, look bad. We don't need the conservatorship to look any worse than it already is. The actual facts are bad enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Here’s hoping it was denied, that post doesn’t sound definite.

According to the freebritneyla twitter he doesn't need court approval to hire more counsel. That the conservatorship will pay 80% of their fees and he was likely wanting the court to approve the remaining 20%, however he could have worked a deal out with them to where they wouldn't need the hearing anymore. 

6 minutes ago, heather said:

According to the freebritneyla twitter he doesn't need court approval to hire more counsel. That the conservatorship will pay 80% of their fees and he was likely wanting the court to approve the remaining 20%, however he could have worked a deal out with them to where they wouldn't need the hearing anymore. 

Yeah, I just saw that post, so does that mean, in the end, Jamie has his new lawyer team??? He just has to pay for a portion of it, unless they give him a discount or something.

Am I understanding that correctly??

16 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Yeah, I just saw that post, so does that mean, in the end, Jamie has his new lawyer team??? He just has to pay for a portion of it, unless they give him a discount or something.

Am I understanding that correctly??

Yes that's the way I've understood it! 

spacer.png

The judge approved his request to pay more lawyers. It seems like he already hired them, but as we discussed earlier, wanted approval from the judge to pay them through the conservatorship. It's so shitty that Britney has to fund the fight for AND against her, but unfortunately, that's the way the law works, too. I also want to add that Ingham didn't dispute this and there might be a reason for that. Probably wants to focus on the bigger picture and getting Jamie out ASAP rather than dragging this on for longer than it already has been.

Well like many things in America, this is just yet another unfair system that needs massive reform. 

Who knows, why he hasn’t disputed it yet. I also was under the impression that he was supposed to submit other paperwork yesterday, regarding Jamie’s paperwork regarding Britney’s capacity on whether she can sign a declaration and that Ingham speaking on her be behalf is hearsay and not admissible but apparently that hasn’t been submitted yet.

I’m still 50/50 on whether to trust Ingham.

10 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Well like many things in America, this is just yet another unfair system that needs massive reform. 

Who knows, why he hasn’t disputed it yet. I also was under the impression that he was supposed to submit other paperwork yesterday, regarding Jamie’s paperwork regarding Britney’s capacity on whether she can sign a declaration and that Ingham speaking on her be behalf is hearsay and not admissible but apparently that hasn’t been submitted yet.

I’m still 50/50 on whether to trust Ingham.

Completely agree! The court system here is entirely fucked up and Jamie has been able to use that to his advantage thus far. However, there has been a lot of positive movement for Britney as well! One ruling, that the judge clearly had to rule the way she did due to the law, isn't a setback.

Well, we know that Britney and Ingham predicted this move by Jamie months ago, so I imagine they were planning for it all along. I didn't hear anything about him submitting paperwork regarding that, I thought it was going to be discussed November 10th, along with everything else. I remember Ingham's statement about Britney making declarations against Jamie if he wanted to continue to fight against her, and perhaps that will be part of their attack come November.

Ingham has been on Britney's side 100% this year, I won't be so quick to rule him out yet.

1 hour ago, heather said:

Completely agree! The court system here is entirely fucked up and Jamie has been able to use that to his advantage thus far. However, there has been a lot of positive movement for Britney as well! One ruling, that the judge clearly had to rule the way she did due to the law, isn't a setback.

Well, we know that Britney and Ingham predicted this move by Jamie months ago, so I imagine they were planning for it all along. I didn't hear anything about him submitting paperwork regarding that, I thought it was going to be discussed November 10th, along with everything else. I remember Ingham's statement about Britney making declarations against Jamie if he wanted to continue to fight against her, and perhaps that will be part of their attack come November.

Ingham has been on Britney's side 100% this year, I won't be so quick to rule him out yet.

Apparently, Ingham was supposed to submit his rebuttal (not sure if that’s the proper term) to their hearsay argument no later than the 30th, then Jamie’s side has to submit their reply to Ingham’s paperwork by Nov. 5, that’s what I read in the court transcript, I hope he’s just late with his paperwork cuz that hearsay thing their raising is a problem.

Also that user Surprised Witness, who goes through all the court paperwork, made a video today, reading recent court notes she found on the court website, it seems even the court isn’t clear on whether Britney wants Jamie completely gone or kept on as co-conservator and paperwork clarifying it was requested. It also said, if her wish is for Bessemer to be sole conservator, first a petition to remove Jamie would have to be filed before the appointment of Bessemer. Considering the Bessemer decision is supposed to be on the 10th, I would imagine we should be seeing that paperwork shortly, if not, then idk.