Britney and her lawyer file documents to contest Conservatorship!

heather

So it won't end tomorrow (didn't think it would), but if Britney's request is granted then that's steps in the right direction for it to be! It's nice to see her lawyer actually on her side for once, saying these are Britney's wishes and that he believes it's in her best interest. This is HUGE because it's the first time she's ever filed something like this to actually change the conservatorship. This account is a bit misleading in my opinion, because it doesn't seem like they're filing to outright end it, but make changes because I also saw on TMZ that they filed to keep Jodi on as personal conservator and have her father out permanently with a competent corporation to handle her finances. So it seems to me they're not  filing to end it all together just yet, but to have these changes for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Anyone thinking it would end tomorrow is delusional, lol, I feel like shit is being done in steps, I believe fighting for it to end will be much easier with Jamie completely out of the picture but he clearly won’t go down without a fight, which just makes him look worse than he already does!!

At least, the lawyer is finally working on her behalf for once, part of me feels like he’s doing it cuz he has no choice to now, he’s now realizing that the Titanic has officially hit the iceberg and it’s starting to sink and it’s in his best interest to be on her side now.

This is great news, finally some movement in this thing!!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, heather said:

So it won't end tomorrow (didn't think it would), but if Britney's request is granted then that's steps in the right direction for it to be! It's nice to see her lawyer actually on her side for once, saying these are Britney's wishes and that he believes it's in her best interest. This is HUGE because it's the first time she's ever filed something like this to actually change the conservatorship. This account is a bit misleading in my opinion, because it doesn't seem like they're filing to outright end it, but make changes because I also saw on TMZ that they filed to keep Jodi on as personal conservator and have her father out permanently with a competent corporation to handle her finances. So it seems to me they're not  filing to end it all together just yet, but to have these changes for the time being.

At this point, her Dad just needs to go; I know people don’t like the Jodi chick, but to me, she is a neutral party; having a neutral party in her finances would also be good. We still don’t know what is wrong with Brit, and probably won’t unless she decides to say something, but she may require some form of C-ship for a while, or forever. If they have people who are neutral in the situation, and she can a true say in her own decisions (I would say she is chomping to get some new management; I think Larry and Lou are beyond damaged, especially Lou), it will be better. However, certain fans would still complain; honestly, I think some people think if the C-ship is over, they will get 99-03 Britney again, but I believe they will disappointed. She has a legit problem. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Britgirl1980 said:

At this point, her Dad just needs to go; I know people don’t like the Jodi chick, but to me, she is a neutral party; having a neutral party in her finances would also be good. We still don’t know what is wrong with Brit, and probably won’t unless she decides to say something, but she may require some form of C-ship for a while, or forever. If they have people who are neutral in the situation, and she can a true say in her own decisions (I would say she is chomping to get some new management; I think Larry and Lou are beyond damaged, especially Lou), it will be better. However, certain fans would still complain; honestly, I think some people think if the C-ship is over, they will get 99-03 Britney again, but I believe they will disappointed. She has a legit problem. 

Completely agree with you! Some fans don't want to accept that there just might be something wrong with Britney to the point where she needs a form of the conservatorship. But I think we can all agree that how it stands currently is NOT helping her and there needs to be some changes! A lot of us have been on the side of professionals handling her case instead of her family and that's exactly what she's asking for now, so this is definitely some positive progress and I'm hoping for the best.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, heather said:

Completely agree with you! Some fans don't want to accept that there just might be something wrong with Britney to the point where she needs a form of the conservatorship. But I think we can all agree that how it stands currently is NOT helping her and there needs to be some changes! A lot of us have been on the side of professionals handling her case instead of her family and that's exactly what she's asking for now, so this is definitely some positive progress and I'm hoping for the best.

I believe her Dad had good intentions in the beginning; I truly believe she would be gone if he wouldn’t have gotten involved. I also believe he still cares about Britney, but he either got “drunk with the power” or someone corrupted him (rumors to Lou). But yes, I think letting professional handle her affairs is a step in the right direction; I don’t trust Britney’s Mom either, so she needs to stay away too; it is ok to be on the loop, but no more family involved. 

• Like 2

If it turns out that Britney TRULY DOES need this thing, I’d be more comfortable about it, if it was all brand new people, people with clean records, cuz all of the people involved in Britney’s have allegations against them, therefore, I don’t trust any of them.

But, there are better ways to give Britney any help she might need without having to strip her of all her autonomy, I’d rather see one of those methods put in place.

I also wonder if Jamie is given the boot, do his like 11 lawyers go with him, so that Britney’s not paying  the MASSIVE bill for keeping this suffocating ordeal in place, cuz over a million dollars a year for this shit is just so unfair.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

If it turns out that Britney TRULY DOES need this thing, I’d be more comfortable about it, if it was all brand new people, people with clean records, cuz all of the people involved in Britney’s have allegations against them, therefore, I don’t trust any of them.

But, there are better ways to give Britney any help she might need without having to strip her of all her autonomy, I’d rather see one of those methods put in place.

I also wonder if Jamie is given the boot, do his like 11 lawyers go with him, so that Britney’s not paying  the MASSIVE bill for keeping this suffocating ordeal in place, cuz over a million dollars a year for this shit is just so unfair.

When Britney had that life coach Strawberry in her life she was thriving! I think that should be the end goal for this situation- Britney sees a life coach daily, weekly, whatever she needs, while an outside corporation with experience handling her large fortune handles the financial side of it.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure if Jamie goes everyone goes with him and will be replaced with a knowledgeable corporation like they're asking for.

26 minutes ago, heather said:

When Britney had that life coach Strawberry in her life she was thriving! I think that should be the end goal for this situation- Britney sees a life coach daily, weekly, whatever she needs, while an outside corporation with experience handling her large fortune handles the financial side of it.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure if Jamie goes everyone goes with him and will be replaced with a knowledgeable corporation like they're asking for.

I wonder what happened to that chick?? Perhaps Britney was thriving to much with her and daddy can’t have that, so she got the boot, lol, I just can’t understand why a father would wanna keep his own daughter down, that’s what this all feels like to me. But yeah, a life coach is all she really needs in regards to her personal needs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Britgirl1980 said:

Looks like Britney’s first husband showed up today to support Britney with the “Free Britney” people; sad thing is that I don’t know if he did it because he cares, or needs another 15 minutes. 

Honestly, I’m leaning more toward 15 mins, if it had been David or Charlie, hell even K Fed, it would be more helpful, lol, that make up artist was there too.

The ACLU tweeted about the movement too, that’s pretty huge!!

As for the hearing, obviously nothing really happened but I do love that Ingham was fighting for not everything to be sealed going forward, hopefully, he wins that, there needs to be more transparency. Apparently it’s Jamie that wants anything and everything sealed even when it doesn’t need to be.

• Like 1

I'm happy about this. Finally some sort of movement, some kind of progress.

I do feel like a lot of the conspiracy videos about Britney being in danger and symbolically asking for help are ridiculous and take away from the actual importance of the #FreeBritney movement.

Financially and emotionally taking advantage of people in conservatorships is not a foreign topic. It's happened before.

If Britney is truly as ill as they try to make it seem then they never should have pushed her back into the spotlight as soon as they did.

I also think it's really transparent that TMZ decides to release a story about Britney being "mentally ill" as soon as any kind of pro Free Britney article comes out. It's so annoying.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Honestly, I’m leaning more toward 15 mins, if it had been David or Charlie, hell even K Fed, it would be more helpful, lol, that make up artist was there too.

The ACLU tweeted about the movement too, that’s pretty huge!!

As for the hearing, obviously nothing really happened but I do love that Ingham was fighting for not everything to be sealed going forward, hopefully, he wins that, there needs to be more transparency. Apparently it’s Jamie that wants anything and everything sealed even when it doesn’t need to be.

I think her lawyer has until a date in September to file a petition; i wonder if her Dad takes back control on 22nd, or if it got extended because of what Britney filed?

i do believe that Jason was in love with Britney when they married, and I believe she had feelings for him too, but that was shutdown by family and handlers (plus, he would have gotten her money if it was not annulled); I don’t trust him because of the stunts he pulled afterwards. 

5 minutes ago, Lascivious said:

I'm happy about this. Finally some sort of movement, some kind of progress.

I do feel like a lot of the conspiracy videos about Britney being in danger and symbolically asking for help are ridiculous and take away from the actual importance of the #FreeBritney movement.

Financially and emotionally taking advantage of people in conservatorships is not a foreign topic. It's happened before.

If Britney is truly as ill as they try to make it seem then they never should have pushed her back into the spotlight as soon as they did.

I also think it's really transparent that TMZ decides to release a story about Britney being "mentally ill" as soon as any kind of pro Free Britney article comes out. It's so annoying.

I think Britney does love performing, but yes, they should have given her a year or so before she started again. I do believe she has something legit wrong with her; it may require her to have this c-ship......however, enough with the family involvement; bring in independent parties to help her if she truly needs it. 

As for TMZ, they must be in Jamie’s back pocket to make him look super good. 

1 minute ago, Britgirl1980 said:

I think Britney does love performing, but yes, they should have given her a year or so before she started again. I do believe she has something legit wrong with her; it may require her to have this c-ship......however, enough with the family involvement; bring in independent parties to help her if she truly needs it. 

As for TMZ, they must be in Jamie’s back pocket to make him look super good. 

I think it's super suspicious that they released an album and took her on tour a year after her breakdown. You could tell during the Circus tour that Britney wasn't into it, walking through the set/choreography, being pushed around the stage, etc. And I don't even want to talk about how unhappy she seemed during the Femme Fatale era.

Conservatorships are for people who are severely mentally ill. There is no way Britney Spears is severely mentally ill and able to do all that she does. She has been controlled all of her life and I think it's only fair that now she gets to live life the way she wants to and make mistakes and bad choices if she wants to do that. Many people make mistakes and bad choices and have the freedom to do so. Many people suffer from social anxiety, Bipolar disorder, personality disorders, etc and are not in conservatorships.

As far as Jason- he's definitely only looking for his 15 minutes and this little stunt with him lying about speaking to Britney is NOT helpful to her at all! People will believe it and believe when she's on her own she'll make bad decisions again!

As far as the conservatorship- it started with good intentions but that's clearly no longer the case. Britney's conservatorship is also very clearly a special case in regards to whatever her mental health issues may or may not be. I believe that Britney would greatly benefit from a bank or other financial corporation equipped to handle her fortune for her and, like I said previously, a life coach to help her day to day. They had 12 years to get Britney the kind of help she needs to be an adult and live on her own and they failed her every step of the way. At least she's finally asking for changes instead of staying quiet and going through the motions. And I 100% believe that's due to the age of her children and Jamie no longer being able to use them against her. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, heather said:

As far as Jason- he's definitely only looking for his 15 minutes and this little stunt with him lying about speaking to Britney is NOT helpful to her at all! People will believe it and believe when she's on her own she'll make bad decisions again!

As far as the conservatorship- it started with good intentions but that's clearly no longer the case. Britney's conservatorship is also very clearly a special case in regards to whatever her mental health issues may or may not be. I believe that Britney would greatly benefit from a bank or other financial corporation equipped to handle her fortune for her and, like I said previously, a life coach to help her day to day. They had 12 years to get Britney the kind of help she needs to be an adult and live on her own and they failed her every step of the way. At least she's finally asking for changes instead of staying quiet and going through the motions. And I 100% believe that's due to the age of her children and Jamie no longer being able to use them against her. 

Britney’s kids have to know that something wrong with her; and it is apparent how they feel about Jamie because of the restraining order against him. 

I figured Jason was being a tool as usual......Britney’s track record with tool guys is not a good thing; I would seriously hope after all she has been through, and if she does gain independence, she would not bring people like that back in her life (Sam, Adnan, etc).

A life coach and someone independently to look over her finances would be great: most celebrities have someone over their finances, or at least they should. 

I think all fans can agree that something needed to be done in the very beginning, but the temp cship should have NEVER been made permanent and when u add in the fact that it was made permanent based on a lie, which would be the dementia, that’s when shit becomes suspicious. They should have been helping her to grow and prepping her to live life on her own as an adult, obviously she would still have assistants and money managers just like she did her whole career and like ever other celeb but she’d be able to actually live life, instead they chose to infantilize her and it’s done nothing but caused damage.

Even if she does have a mental illness, so fucking what, that doesn’t mean she should be punished like a prisoner for the rest of her life and it pisses me off that some people feel that way. Whatever she has, it doesn’t cause her to be incapacitated, therefore, she should be able to treat it like any other functioning person that has a mental illness.

I hope Ingham does whatever he has to do before September cuz changes seriously need to happen, as for Jodi, I thinks she stays in control while this shits all up in the air, I know I’ll be livid if he’s let back in control of her person on the 22nd.

As for TMZ they can eat a bag of dicks esp. with there little death premonitions, I think it’s obvious by now that TMZ is in Jamie’s or Lou’s pocket, so the fact her own people are selling stories claiming she will die without this thing is despicable!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GlenCoco said:

So what happen idgi 

The conservatorship has been extended until February. Britney's lawyer has until September to submit paperwork detailing Britney's requests. It will likely include who she wants as conservator over her finances and why she wants Jamie out. Jamie has until October to submit his own paperwork. Her lawyer also voiced that future hearings shouldn't be sealed and that there should be more transparency in the case, which is a good thing because we won't be so in the dark about everything going on anymore if it's granted.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, heather said:

Surprised to hear it from you. I always thought you are at Papa's side and want to stay her in c-ship :omgwut:

1 hour ago, Bretyna Speransky said:

Surprised to hear it from you. I always thought you are at Papa's side and want to stay her in c-ship :omgwut:

I've never been on his side, I have always said it's none of our business (it's not) and until britney says something I'm not going to make a judgement whether she should or shouldn't be in it. Britney said something finally.

• Upvote 2

I think the people behind Jamie, I mean his lawyers and other people providing him different legal services and financial counsel, ended up making the conservatorship a profitable business for them. Removing all that people draining Britney would be the first step in my opinion. I don't think it's going to be easy to do that in court as they have probably safeguarded their position. That's where I think the #freebritney movement has actually helped, because it has shed some light on all the not-so-moral aspects of the conservatorship.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, edurance said:

I think the people behind Jamie, I mean his lawyers and other people providing him different legal services and financial counsel, ended up making the conservatorship a profitable business for them. Removing all that people draining Britney would be the first step in my opinion. I don't think it's going to be easy to do that in court as they have probably safeguarded their position. That's where I think the #freebritney movement has actually helped, because it has shed some light on all the not-so-moral aspects of the conservatorship.

If fans on the internet have been able to dig up enough information to cause a stir, I can only imagine what Britney's lawyer has up his sleeve. I think Jamie has shot himself in the foot and the end is inevitable. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, edurance said:

Considering the cship earns OVER a million dollars a year, yeah, I’d say it stopped being about Britney’s health a LOOOOONG time ago, they’re making bank over her misery. I can’t remember whether it was Wallet or Ingham but one of them did tell the court to think of her cship as a hybrid business model, it’s so fucked up.

I agree, the movement is definitely helping by exposing those fuckers, not gonna be so easy to keep things status quo anymore, which would explain Inghams recent switcharoo. He’s already got one flag against him regarding Casey Kasem, so I’m sure the last thing he wants is another red flag due to another celeb.