Passenger lyrics

edurance

It's probably my favourite song on Britney Jean, but I can't listen to it because the lyrics seem like a blatant attempt to portray the conservatorship in a good light. I chose to believe it was a sex innuendo about being a bottom and it was fun to look at it that way, but deep down we all know it is about the conservatorship.

She singing about it in such good spirits seems so fucked up to me, I don't know. There's something about Britney Jean alleged "personal songs" that gives me the total opposite vibe of what Britney really is. Like they were trying to portray her as this religious southern sweetheart, which we know she is, but not to such an extent.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, heather said:

Passenger was originally for Katy Perry so I really don't think it has anything at all to do with the conservatorship.

But still, having Britney sing a song with those lyrics and not think about the implications... I know back in the day there was no #freebritney conspiracies, at least not like today, but even though she was ok with the conservatorship, she's always wanted more freedom than she has. Maybe she thought it was a cute song about God like other tracks on the album and didn't give it too much thought. Or maybe she was just playing her part and moving on to the next "gig". But to me it's just fucked up she ended up recording a song with those lyrics.

The song is good, though. It could have been a pretty decent single.

1 hour ago, edurance said:

But still, having Britney sing a song with those lyrics and not think about the implications... I know back in the day there was no #freebritney conspiracies, at least not like today, but even though she was ok with the conservatorship, she's always wanted more freedom than she has. Maybe she thought it was a cute song about God like other tracks on the album and didn't give it too much thought. Or maybe she was just playing her part and moving on to the next "gig". But to me it's just fucked up she ended up recording a song with those lyrics.

The song is good, though. It could have been a pretty decent single.

I mean, you're free to interpret the song however you choose, I just don't think there was any intent behind it regarding the conservatorship when she recorded it.