Britney Speaks to Billboard About Mood Ring

heather

Less than a day after "Mood Ring" made its debut in all territories, Spears' legions of admirers -- through sales and streams -- helped it reach No. 1 on the U.S. iTunes chart, an admirable feat given that Spears' last-minute entry is competing against songs from Lady Gaga's Chromatica, also released on Friday. 

"This is incredible! 'Mood Ring' is one of my favorite songs on Glory, it’s so vibey and sexy," Spears tells Billboard exclusively. "I’m so grateful to the fans for pushing for its release, and then for making it go to No. 1 on iTunes. I have the best fans in the world! I love you all!"

The rest of the article is a good read, too https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/9393539/songwriters-melanie-fontana-jon-asher-britney-spears-mood-ring

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

I hope this shows Brit to believe in herself and push to get what she wants from her label. For me this is one of the strongest songs on the album and it was a shame that it was decided to leave it out of the original release but im so pleased its getting its glory finally. 

• Like 3