Britney to remain in cship for at least several more months

MonaLisa613

I'm really, really rooting for her to get out of the conservatorship. It looks like there might be hope. But it must be so tough, with so many powerful people in control of her. Does she even have a right to her own lawyer? Probably not. But I doubt Britney will give up until she's free. This conservatorship has gone on for way too long and she has already proven to be a stable, well-adjusted adult. It's a little ridiculous at this point. Learn choreography for shows, promote around the world, perform, release a lingerie line, record albums - that sounds like a lot of work for someone who fits the criteria of being so ill they need to be under a conservatorship. I'm just glad this whole situation is getting tons of press because either way, the conservatorship needs to be investigated. Nothing adds up. And to me, it just sounds like they're taking advantage of her for financial gain.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lascivious said:

I'm really, really rooting for her to get out of the conservatorship. It looks like there might be hope. But it must be so tough, with so many powerful people in control of her. Does she even have a right to her own lawyer? Probably not. But I doubt Britney will give up until she's free. This conservatorship has gone on for way too long and she has already proven to be a stable, well-adjusted adult. It's a little ridiculous at this point. Learn choreography for shows, promote around the world, perform, release a lingerie line, record albums - that sounds like a lot of work for someone who fits the criteria of being so ill they need to be under a conservatorship. I'm just glad this whole situation is getting tons of press because either way, the conservatorship needs to be investigated. Nothing adds up. And to me, it just sounds like they're taking advantage of her for financial gain.

She did hire a lawyer in the beginning but he was thrown out and I think even issued a restraining order. Ingham, said that she lacked capacity to choose her own lawyer.... yet, she did, lol, it’s all so shady.

The new judge did order an investigation into the cship but I’m sure the results will remain a mystery, as well as the results of Britney’s evaluation. I too am glad eyes are now on this cship.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

She did hire a lawyer in the beginning but he was thrown out and I think even issued a restraining order. Ingham, said that she lacked capacity to choose her own lawyer.... yet, she did, lol, it’s all so shady.

The new judge did order an investigation into the cship but I’m sure the results will remain a mystery, as well as the results of Britney’s evaluation. I too am glad eyes are now on this cship.

It's such a trap they have her in. They deemed her too "unfit" to have her own lawyer/representative under the conservatorship which means the only people who have direct contact with the courts are people Britney's team assigned to her. And why would they fight for Britney if they were hired by Team Britney? It's like a no way out kind of situation. Britney should have the right to choose her own lawyer and fight the conservatorship if she wishes, which I think she does, she's dropped a few hints on social media. I highly, highly doubt she wants to be under a conservatorship. She wasn't happy in For The Record about the "restraints" she's under so I doubt she is happy today. Her driving with Sam last year seemed like an act out of rebellion.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Lascivious said:

I'm just glad this whole situation is getting tons of press because either way, the conservatorship needs to be investigated. Nothing adds up. And to me, it just sounds like they're taking advantage of her for financial gain.

I wonder how much press coverage the sittuation gets in other countries because here it's just been briefly mentioned, at least when it comes to major media outlets. People in Finland just don't seem to care much about Britney, to them she's simply someone who happened to be popular in the late 90's/early 00's, had a breakdown then disappeared. Many don't even know she still makes music.

7 minutes ago, sairaannopee99 said:

I wonder how much press coverage the sittuation gets in other countries because here it's just been briefly mentioned, at least when it comes to major media outlets. People in Finland just don't seem to care much about Britney, to them she's simply someone who happened to be popular in the late 90's/early 00's, had a breakdown then disappeared. Many don't even know she still makes music.

Social media and YouTube have been a huge help in-terms of coverage on the conservatorship. People are waking up. Britney has a huge cult following I've noticed, the gays and people who grew up with her are still very much interested in Brit and are genuinely rooting for her. But that sucks about Finland, I feel like Britney doesn't get the recognition she deserves for the impact she made on pop music and pop culture. In North America Britney is recognized for her contributions, even if she gets a lot of bad press and in some ways is underappreciated, but foreign countries don't seem to get her legacy. I think it's because they're not wrapped up in celebrities and pop culture like people tend to be in North America. 

I think Brit will ultimately make a huge comeback with some awesome, door-opening album down the line. I don't think she's "done" in-terms of success as an artist. She will regain her popularity in Europe and other places that don't recognize her as a legend. I can really see her having her Ray Of Light moment. She just needs to get out of the conservatorship. Her taste and creativity for music is still there imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaLisa613 said:

That lawyer was referred to her by Sam, who only did so because HE wanted to be her conservator. Imagine if that had happened? Britney wouldn't even be here right now. So, technically, she didn't have capacity to hire a lawyer that had HER interests at heart. Even this court one doesn't fully, in my opinion- but the one she tried to hire would have been like signing her death certificate.

12 minutes ago, heather said:

That lawyer was referred to her by Sam, who only did so because HE wanted to be her conservator. Imagine if that had happened? Britney wouldn't even be here right now. So, technically, she didn't have capacity to hire a lawyer that had HER interests at heart. Even this court one doesn't fully, in my opinion- but the one she tried to hire would have been like signing her death certificate.

Oh right, one lawyer was brought in by Sam, I think that was John Eardly but there was also Adam Streisand, who was apparently referred to her by her child custody lawyers, the court gave him the boot too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Oh right, one lawyer was brought in by Sam, I think that was John Eardly but there was also Adam Streisand, who was apparently referred to her by her child custody lawyers, the court gave him the boot too.

Yeah in that regard it was just a case of the judge taking the word of the court appointed lawyer (Ingham) over Streisand concerning Britney's mental capacity. Which, I feel, the judge should have spoken with Britney herself and not people who claim they spoke with her, you know what I mean? But the past is the past and unfortunately I think having two lawyers of her choosing thrown out works against her when it comes to choosing her own. The whole situation is messy start to finish and neither side (Britney, her dad, and the court) is really helping their cause(s).

32 minutes ago, heather said:

Yeah in that regard it was just a case of the judge taking the word of the court appointed lawyer (Ingham) over Streisand concerning Britney's mental capacity. Which, I feel, the judge should have spoken with Britney herself and not people who claim they spoke with her, you know what I mean? But the past is the past and unfortunately I think having two lawyers of her choosing thrown out works against her when it comes to choosing her own. The whole situation is messy start to finish and neither side (Britney, her dad, and the court) is really helping their cause(s).

Yeah, the judge absolutely should of talked to Britney, it’s also been reported that Ingham  met with her for only TEN MINUTES, before he made his claim she has no capacity. IMO, you can’t get the full grasp of someone’s mental state in just 10 mins, this whole ordeal is still all such bullshit.

As for having the first two lawyers booted working against her, idk, it could work against her in obtaining counsel now, but i also feel things could work in her favor if someone official would just open their eyes and see the shadiness that’s been taking place since the beginning. Between the original judge being tied to corruption, Inghams own shady dealings including currently being accused of being part of a plot to kill Casey Kasem, then there was the time the people involved in her cship once held a seminar on how to get wealthy people conserved, even her father,  when he asked if he could fire her child custody lawyers after they recommended someone to her ( judge goetz actually denied that one), it’s obvious to anyone who is willing to have an open mind that she just didn’t get a fair shot since day one.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Yeah, the judge absolutely should of talked to Britney, it’s also been reported that Ingham  met with her for only TEN MINUTES, before he made his claim she has no capacity. IMO, you can’t get the full grasp of someone’s mental state in just 10 mins, this whole ordeal is still all such bullshit.

As for having the first two lawyers booted working against her, idk, it could work against her in obtaining counsel now, but i also feel things could work in her favor if someone official would just open their eyes and see the shadiness that’s been taking place since the beginning. Between the original judge being tied to corruption, Inghams own shady dealings including currently being accused of being part of a plot to kill Casey Kasem, then there was the time the people involved in her cship once held a seminar on how to get wealthy people conserved, even her father,  when he asked if he could fire her child custody lawyers after they recommended someone to her ( judge goetz actually denied that one), it’s obvious to anyone who is willing to have an open mind that she just didn’t get a fair shot since day one.

Yeah, that's why I believe the judge should have communicated with Britney and not relied on the word of the court appointed person, or even a lawyer Britney wanted to hire. In determining her capacity it just seems so weird to me to not actually speak to the person directly.

Yeah, that's what I meant with it working against her as far as trying to hire someone new on her own now. And yeah, I agree and that's why I think the whole thing is messy from day one. The court didn't do anything to really help Britney, Britney didn't do anything to help herself, and her father/team hasn't done anything to help her, either.  If the ultimate goal was to get Britney stable then somewhere along the road the courts and her team just saw the dollar signs, and Britney was left in the dust, sadly. She's trying now, at least it seems that way, so hopefully April will bring a little more progress than what we hoped January brought.

18 minutes ago, heather said:

Yeah, that's why I believe the judge should have communicated with Britney and not relied on the word of the court appointed person, or even a lawyer Britney wanted to hire. In determining her capacity it just seems so weird to me to not actually speak to the person directly.

Yeah, that's what I meant with it working against her as far as trying to hire someone new on her own now. And yeah, I agree and that's why I think the whole thing is messy from day one. The court didn't do anything to really help Britney, Britney didn't do anything to help herself, and her father/team hasn't done anything to help her, either.  If the ultimate goal was to get Britney stable then somewhere along the road the courts and her team just saw the dollar signs, and Britney was left in the dust, sadly. She's trying now, at least it seems that way, so hopefully April will bring a little more progress than what we hoped January brought.

Well to be fair Britney has tried a handful of times, u just have to look at the docket history or whatever that thing is called that’s on the court website and failed each time, so I can’t blame her for giving up when her hands were clearly tied but something clearly happened last year to make her go to the judge in May, plus her boys are teens now, they can’t be used as leverage to keep her in line.

Sadly, here in the good ol US of A, our justice system is extremely flawed and riddled with corruption, from cops up to the judges, most would rather tow the company line instead of investigating from all angles and towing the line is exactly what Goetz did when she just blindly accepted Inghams 10 min evaluation, I wanna be hopeful for Britney but it’s hard to knowing what this justice system is like.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Well to be fair Britney has tried a handful of times, u just have to look at the docket history or whatever that thing is called that’s on the court website and failed each time, so I can’t blame her for giving up when her hands were clearly tied but something clearly happened last year to make her go to the judge in May, plus her boys are teens now, they can’t be used as leverage to keep her in line.

Sadly, here in the good ol US of A, our justice system is extremely flawed and riddled with corruption, from cops up to the judges, most would rather tow the company line instead of investigating from all angles and towing the line is exactly what Goetz did when she just blindly accepted Inghams 10 min evaluation, I wanna be hopeful for Britney but it’s hard to knowing what this justice system is like.

Oh I don't blame her at all, and if I was ever in the same position I likely would have given up and went with the flow of it all too. Especially when for years she was thriving and seemed unbothered by everything. Something changed in late 2018, and whatever that truly was I'm glad it set things in motion to where we are now. At this point I feel a complete dissolution of the conservatorship is unlikely and this will end in some kind of arrangement where both sides give and get a little bit of what they want.

1 minute ago, heather said:

Oh I don't blame her at all, and if I was ever in the same position I likely would have given up and went with the flow of it all too. Especially when for years she was thriving and seemed unbothered by everything. Something changed in late 2018, and whatever that truly was I'm glad it set things in motion to where we are now. At this point I feel a complete dissolution of the conservatorship is unlikely and this will end in some kind of arrangement where both sides give and get a little bit of what they want.

I feel like if the personal one ended but the financial had to stay in place, she’d be happy cuz I would think the personal one has to be the truly suffocating aspect of this all. She’d be able to live freely again, make career decisions again, hire and fire people, make medical decision, have custody of the boys back but not have to worry about financials, plus with just a financial cship it prolly won’t take as much of her money like they both currently take.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I’m confused by them using the word temporary, cuz we all know it’s permanent. Did Jamie stepping down as conservator of her person, like void the permanent personal cship??

https://theblast.com/c/britney-spears-conservatorship-freebritney-extended-court-father-jaime-order

I don't think it was ever permanent for her since she's not terminal or very old, it's just that she didn't have a date. Hence her comment in FTR when she said when your in prison at least you know when or if you're supposed to get out but with her situation it was never clear.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

I don't think it was ever permanent for her since she's not terminal or very old, it's just that she didn't have a date. Hence her comment in FTR when she said when your in prison at least you know when or if you're supposed to get out but with her situation it was never clear.

Unfortunately, it was made permanent in October 2008 

https://www.today.com/popculture/spears-conservatorship-made-permanent-1C9419766

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:08 AM, MonaLisa613 said:

Unfortunately, it was made permanent in October 2008 

https://www.today.com/popculture/spears-conservatorship-made-permanent-1C9419766

Well yes but saying its permanent is more or less semantics. The article says she's under the c-ship indefinitely so essentially it's a lifetime arraignment BUT since she can petition the court at anytime its not really permanent. But I guess that's how all these arraignments work idk. Depressing. It doesn't have to be this way.