Was 'I Feel So Free' cancelled by her handlers?

edurance

The release of this track was first postponed, then cancelled. The handlers of you-know-who were NOT happy with Pitbull’s verses. The industry knows a lot more than we do…

During that time, there was already some tension between Britney and her handlers. Sadly, I don’t know about her situation or what exactly was going on, but all of this started to happen during the Piece of Me Tour.

Pitbull overheard what was happening and tried to put out Britney’s fight against her handlers. He knows the Britney Army loves to speculate on everything, so he decided to put the “fighting for freedom” phrase during his rap. Britney’s team was against it.

Even with the leak, I doubt the song will ever get a release, giving her current situation, unless is reworked, which, as far as I’m told, was not an option for Pitbull.

The source is unbrokeney, and for some reason I consider them reliable. Thoughts? :thinkingpinky:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, heather said:

It's not their song to cancel. Britney was a feature, if they didn't want it released they could have simply removed her and got someone else to sing her part.

Maybe, ...maybe "it just didnt work". In my opinion it doesnt work because they layered Britney voice, it could be better give her standart vocaly part without layering them.

42 minutes ago, Bretyna Speransky said:

Maybe, ...maybe "it just didnt work". In my opinion it doesnt work because they layered Britney voice, it could be better give her standart vocaly part without layering them.

That's not the point. The point is it's NOT Britney's song and therefore she nor her team have any authority to cancel or delay its release.

1 hour ago, heather said:

It's not their song to cancel. Britney was a feature, if they didn't want it released they could have simply removed her and got someone else to sing her part.

This!!

Plus, imo, it’s not a great song, in the end, maybe Pitbull wasn’t feeling it and decided to shelf it. But at the end of the day, it’s HIS song, he decides what to do with it, not her team.

• Like 4

On 11/5/2019 at 12:29 PM, heather said:

I know, but you don't just replace Britney Spears after announcing the single would feature her. Pitbull had already confirmed the single and her before getting a release date.

49 minutes ago, edurance said:

I know, but you don't just replace Britney Spears after announcing the single would feature her. Pitbull had already confirmed the single and her before getting a release date.

Tell that to the Pussycat Dolls who cut Britney from their music video. It's his song at the end of the day Britney nor her team have any authority to demand it not be released. I know Britney fans love the conspiracy theories but this one is literally not possible.

13 hours ago, heather said:

Tell that to the Pussycat Dolls who cut Britney from their music video. It's his song at the end of the day Britney nor her team have any authority to demand it not be released. I know Britney fans love the conspiracy theories but this one is literally not possible.

Was it announced that Britney would be on their song/video? I'm really asking cause I don't remember. It was 'When I Grow Up', right?

What I mean is that Pitbull really confirmed it and hyped up the collab, so it would be kinda weird releasing the song with some other female artist when everybody was expecting Britney. The backlash would be huge, and I don't see many artists or record labels disrespecting Britney that way. They replaced her on 'Hey Ma', but Britney was never confirmed I believe (it was all rumours) and it was said the movie producers chose to have Camila instead.

Also after hearing the kind words he said about Britney during POM (I mean I was there and heard him say how she has gone through so much and how her story of survival in the industry is an example for everyone), I think he would choose not to replace her out of respect.

8 hours ago, edurance said:

Was it announced that Britney would be on their song/video? I'm really asking cause I don't remember. It was 'When I Grow Up', right?

What I mean is that Pitbull really confirmed it and hyped up the collab, so it would be kinda weird releasing the song with some other female artist when everybody was expecting Britney. The backlash would be huge, and I don't see many artists or record labels disrespecting Britney that way. They replaced her on 'Hey Ma', but Britney was never confirmed I believe (it was all rumours) and it was said the movie producers chose to have Camila instead.

Also after hearing the kind words he said about Britney during POM (I mean I was there and heard him say how she has gone through so much and how her story of survival in the industry is an example for everyone), I think he would choose not to replace her out of respect.

Yes it was announced that's why everyone was pissed when it was cut. If he really wanted to release the song he would with or without Britney. Her team literally can't tell another artist they can't release their music just because Britney is a feature on it and they don't like the "message" though. Her team is not some big powerful entity that can bully other artists into submission.