Is It 'The Beginning Of A New Life' For Britney Spears?

X-Ander

Britney Spears returned to her home in California last week after a solo holiday to Hawaii. Appearing calm and content, it’s a marked change – and a hopeful new step – after a difficult few years, with sources telling Grazia that this is ‘the beginning of a new life’ for the troubled singer.

When Britney exploded onto the music scene in 1998, aged 17, she was the ultimate girl next door, and a pop idol in the making. But behind the music, power plays were at work to take control of her money, her businesses and even her freedom.

Now 37, Britney first entered into a conservatorship in 2008 after some erratic behaviour, such as the infamous time in 2007 she shaved her head and attacked paparazzi with an umbrella. This legal arrangement gave her father Jamie power over all her personal and professional decisions. But, in recent years, fans have wondered if Jamie has always had her best interests at heart – their concerns culminating in the #FreeBritney movement.

Now it seems the campaign may be effecting change. In April, the Britney’s Gram podcast (in which LA writers Tess Barker and Babs Gray dissect the singer's Instagram feed) claimed to have received a recording from an anonymous paralegal on Britney’s team, stating that the situation was ‘disturbing to say the least’. It later emerged that Britney was in a psychiatric facility and protestors flocked there to call for her liberation. Britney’s mother Lynne, now separated from Jamie, hired Britney legal representation – the conservatorship meant she was unable to do so herself – in May.

Then, earlier this month, Britney’s ex-husband Kevin Federline, who has 70% custody of their children, Sean, 13, and 12-year-old Jayden, alleged that Jamie had struck Sean, leading to a restraining order barring Jamie from contacting his grandchildren. He will not face criminal charges. Shortly afterwards, Jamie voluntarily gave up the conservatorship, citing ‘personal health reasons’. His role has been transferred to Jodi Montgomery, Britney’s care manager.

It’s a move that’s said to have left Britney finally feeling positive. ‘It’s been mentally exhausting and draining for Britney, but through this latest episode she has seen a glimmer of hope – and a taste of freedom,’ a source in California tells Grazia. ‘She’s elated that Jamie has been removed as her conservator.’ Nevertheless, she knows this is only the first step in what will be a long process. ‘She is worried about how things will change now he’s no longer at the helm. Her hope is that she is given more freedom to live her life, but the uncertainty of it only causes more concern.

Last week, Lynne appeared in court as the case continued, indicating to reporters that Britney is ‘happy’ and doing well. Meanwhile, outside court, fans showed their support. Lynne, Britney’s boyfriend Sam Asghari and even ex-husband Kevin are there for Britney: their split in 2007 was acrimonious but they have turned a corner. ‘Britney is happy for the boys to be with him; she knows she needs to work on herself, get stronger and back in control of her own life,’ the source adds. ‘It’s a lot to deal with, but she wants to prove that she’s tough enough to sustain all the twists and turns, and show the world she can stand on her own two feet and make decisions for herself again.’

https://graziadaily.co.uk/celebrity/news/beginning-new-life-britney-spears/

I do hope this Jodi person has Britney's best interests at heart and will get her the help she should have got 11 years ago to be able to handle her life. There is absolutely not need or standing for Jamie to remain as her estate conservator and I really hope the next hearing in January will be favorable to Britney.

• Like 2

Finally getting around to reading this, but I'd like to point out one line in particular:

Lynne, Britney’s boyfriend Sam Asghari and even ex-husband Kevin are there for Britney: their split in 2007 was acrimonious but they have turned a corner.

I know there are some fans on here who are distrustful of Sam, but honestly they've been together for awhile now, he seems to truly make her happy (contrast their photos/videos with when David was her "boyfriend") and until proven otherwise, let's back off the hateful comments on his IG. They're unnecessary.

And even though I side eye him - the same goes for Kevin, the father of her children who has developed a great co-parenting relationship with her (it appears).

21 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Finally getting around to reading this, but I'd like to point out one line in particular:

Lynne, Britney’s boyfriend Sam Asghari and even ex-husband Kevin are there for Britney: their split in 2007 was acrimonious but they have turned a corner.

I know there are some fans on here who are distrustful of Sam, but honestly they've been together for awhile now, he seems to truly make her happy (contrast their photos/videos with when David was her "boyfriend") and until proven otherwise, let's back off the hateful comments on his IG. They're unnecessary.

And even though I side eye him - the same goes for Kevin, the father of her children who has developed a great co-parenting relationship with her (it appears).

I don’t understand why some fans insist on making everything a public spectacle, there’s been no actual evidence that any of her boyfriends over the past 11 years have been paid except Jason, wasn’t he briefly a conservator and he was her agent?? As for the others, the allegations are based solely on feelings, so keep it among fans for Christ’s sake.

As for Kevin, for many years now, we’d see them at the games together looking cordial, she immediately informed Kevin when her dad attacked Sean, his lawyer even said she did the right thing and Kevin still wants them to see her, they are obviously good at Co-parenting, his lazy ass just needs to get a job, lol

Theres no need for attacking everyone in her life, focus on the 3 key players!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I don’t understand why some fans insist on making everything a public spectacle, there’s been no actual evidence that any of her boyfriends over the past 11 years have been paid except Jason, wasn’t he briefly a conservator and he was her agent?? As for the others, the allegations are based solely on feelings, so keep it among fans for Christ’s sake.

As for Kevin, for many years now, we’d see them at the games together looking cordial, she immediately informed Kevin when her dad attacked Sean, his lawyer even said she did the right thing and Kevin still wants them to see her, they are obviously good at Co-parenting, his lazy ass just needs to get a job, lol

Theres no need for attacking everyone in her life, focus on the 3 key players!!!

Oops, I meant Jason! I don't know why I always think of David. I felt she rarely looked completely comfortable with him and his being her co-conservator was always hella suspicious to me. Not because of money, but because who would do that over someone they're dating? Unless it wasn't real. Or maybe it was about the money.

1 hour ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Oops, I meant Jason! I don't know why I always think of David. I felt she rarely looked completely comfortable with him and his being her co-conservator was always hella suspicious to me. Not because of money, but because who would do that over someone they're dating? Unless it wasn't real. Or maybe it was about the money.

Yeah, there were def. moments she looked uncomfortable, she also acted very reserved and older with him too, I think he had no choice in becoming co-conservator, it happened after the engagement, I think it’s the only way a marriage could happen, so I for sure am not surprised that marriage never happened.

David was after Jason and she seemed more herself with him but honestly, I do question how that relationship ended, Jamie alleged he cheated on Britney and that there was so-called video of it but also keep in mind David was a paralegal and in 2016 even said he doesn’t think Britney needs a c-ship, I would not put it past Jamie with the help of Lou to fabricate something to end the relationship to keep the paralegal boyfriend from sniffing out some shady behavior.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Yeah, there were def. moments she looked uncomfortable, she also acted very reserved and older with him too, I think he had no choice in becoming co-conservator, it happened after the engagement, I think it’s the only way a marriage could happen, so I for sure am not surprised that marriage never happened.

David was after Jason and she seemed more herself with him but honestly, I do question how that relationship ended, Jamie alleged he cheated on Britney and that there was so-called video of it but also keep in mind David was a paralegal and in 2016 even said he doesn’t think Britney needs a c-ship, I would not put it past Jamie with the help of Lou to fabricate something to end the relationship to keep the paralegal boyfriend from sniffing out some shady behavior.

If Jaime did that he's truly terrible and all shady shit does eventually see the light so that will come back to him.

• Like 1