Jamie will continue as conservator

X-Ander

Jamie Spears withstood a fierce challenge by ex-wife Lynne Spears in the conservatorship battle over Britney ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with knowledge of Wednesday's court hearing tell TMZ, Lynne wanted Jamie out as conservator, but the judge rejected her claims. Lynne felt Jamie had done a poor job ... something she's been saying since the Free Britney movement last spring.

The judge decided Jamie should continue on as conservator of Britney's estate, meaning all of her business affairs. As we reported, Jamie has temporarily bowed out of handing the other part of the conservatorship -- taking care of Britney, her medical needs and so on. The case manager Jamie hired -- Jodi Montgomery -- has been appointed conservator until January, and that's when Jamie will retake the reins. He is still taking care of all of her business affairs.

Jamie has said he's temporarily stepping down because of medical issues, but we know another reason is that there's currently a restraining order that prohibits him from having any contact with Britney's kids -- this after he allegedly put his hands on 14-year-old Sean.

There are a few complications. We're told Britney hasn't spoken to Jamie since last month when the incident went down between him and Sean. Several sources say they actually weren't speaking even before that.

And, there's this. Several sources say Britney is not doing well. As one source put it, "She goes through cycles, and hopefully we're at the bottom now." We posted this video Friday of Britney at an awards ceremony for boyfriend Sam, and she was so uncomfortable she beelined it for the car before even walking into the event.

One more thing about Jamie ... people who have been around him and Britney are almost unanimous -- were it not for Jamie stepping in 12 years ago, Britney probably would not have survived.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/22/britney-spears-conservatorship-remains-jamie/?fbclid=IwAR2yT154pP5O_iCmd300kul0LcyFWzERZjNxL8PrgPBw3pgg5IEyAYjgbOk

Since it’s Jamie’s source, I’m taking it with a huge grain of salt but I can’t help but laugh at the whole Britney goes through cycles, uh yeah that’s called life, we all go through good periods and bad periods, lol, and of course their sticking to that original event story, fuck off Tmz, I’ll believe the event organizer over u losers. Only thing from this story I truly believe is her not talking to him since the incident and I don’t blame her!!

If this is all true though and he’s allowed to take back the reigns again in Jan, I feel even worse for her, still having to continue going through life having someone u hate controlling every aspect of your life. Controlling her money is bad enough but at least he is now at a distance but him reclaiming her personal affairs is worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Since it’s Jamie’s source, I’m taking it with a huge grain of salt but I can’t help but laugh at the whole Britney goes through cycles, uh yeah that’s called life, we all go through good periods and bad periods, lol, and of course their sticking to that original event story, fuck off Tmz, I’ll believe the event organizer over u losers.

If this is all true though and he’s allowed to take back the reigns again in Jan, I feel even worse for her, still having to continue going through life having someone u hate controlling every aspect of your life. Controlling her money is bad enough but at least he is now at a distance but him reclaiming her personal affairs is worse.

Agreed. If she has the mental illness I think she does then cycles of ups and downs are apart of it. No meds can stop that they can only treat it and maintain her but they can't stop the swings. And while yes it's great Jamie saved her back then (though I mean damn can Britney get some credit in this because at the end of the day it's her life and she has a big part in how her health is progressing and has done the work that earned the money that saved her from bankruptcy) she's miserable now and no one deserves to be under care that they're uncomfortable with. That's like saying an older person who is in a retirement home should be ignored when they complain about abusive staff and poor treatment just because if it were not for going into a home they'd be dead by now.  Anyone with enough sense would say let's try to get them into a different home to help their happiness since being happy helps your health. So in this case if britney is not happy let's try to listen to her and get her a new team before the misery consumes her more. Let's let her dad with control and anger management issues (and a fucking restraining order against him from his own grandson) just be her dad and not her overlord. Smh.

44 minutes ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

Agreed. If she has the mental illness I think she does then cycles of ups and downs are apart of it. No meds can stop that they can only treat it and maintain her but they can't stop the swings. And while yes it's great Jamie saved her back then (though I mean damn can Britney get some credit in this because at the end of the day it's her life and she has a big part in how her health is progressing and has done the work that earned the money that saved her from bankruptcy) she's miserable now and no one deserves to be under care that they're uncomfortable with. That's like saying an older person who is in a retirement home should be ignored when they complain about abusive staff and poor treatment just because if it were not for going into a home they'd be dead by now.  Anyone with enough sense would say let's try to get them into a different home to help their happiness since being happy helps your health. So in this case if britney is not happy let's try to listen to her and get her a new team before the misery consumes her more. Let's let her dad with control and anger management issues (and a fucking restraining order against him from his own grandson) just be her dad and not her overlord. Smh.

Here’s the thing tho, life in general has ups and downs, life is not given to you wrapped in a little bow and stays perfect till the day u die, for mentally ill people things are harder, but keeping her in this protective bubble all this time has done her no favors, they should have been teaching her coping skills and preparing her to live life on her own and how to keep whatever mental illness in check on her own, they clearly have not done that, they’ve failed her.

I also agree about Jamie being treated as a savior, u can’t force a person to change, deep down they have to want to and she clearly wanted too, which I think it’s criminal that they haven’t even thought to give her even a trial period to see how she does on her own. 

As for them listening to her, we already know they don’t cuz she said so herself all the way back in FTR, they hear me but they’re not really listening, they hear what they want to hear. 

• Like 3