Britney's Hustlers Callout *very slight spoiler alert*

btmyhbrit99

I saw Hustlers. It was really good. They paid tribute to Britney in one of the montages by having the girls dance at the club to "Gimme More". I noticed that during this scene all the strippers were in some form of black or silver sparkling outfits so I think it was meant to be a slight callback to the VMA performance but it was a nice scene and it was funny to hear J.Lo's character say "Oh my god I love Britney!" since she's shown Britney love in real life. 

And if makes anyone here feel better during these hard times as a Britney fan, a number of people in the theater also said "yes l love this song" and they weren't being sarcastic.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

I saw Hustlers. It was really good. They paid tribute to Britney in one of the montages by having the girls dance at the club to "Gimme More". I noticed that during this scene all the strippers were in some form of black or silver sparkling outfits so I think it was meant to be a slight callback to the VMA performance but it was a nice scene and it was funny to hear J.Lo's character say "Oh my god I love Britney!" since she's shown Britney love in real life. 

And if makes anyone here feel better during these hard times as a Britney fan, a number of people in the theater also said "yes l love this song" and they weren't being sarcastic.

I still love ICONIC 2007 MTV VMA performance. Still don't get why anybody else not?

16 hours ago, Bretyna Speransky said:

I still love ICONIC 2007 MTV VMA performance. Still don't get why anybody else not?

Cuz it wasn't great?  It would have been much better if she wasnt checked out but that's the way the cookie crumbled for her.

At least if my theory is correct the creators of the movie saw the potential and decided to honor that. Plus the song is legendary. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

That's cool.  My favorite VMAs for was 2000. She killed that one. 

11 hours ago, heather said:

YAS. I feel like this one gets overlooked too much because of 2001 with the snake, but 2000 will always be my absolute favorite VMA performance.

Yasssssss 2000 performance is so overlooked, but it’s iconic af! Also my favorite. 

• Like 3